Continuity for two or more Zidoos!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Gramophone, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hello everyone,

The only thing missing for my happiness with my two Z9x is the synchronization between the two.
    In other words, if I stop a film in one device, the other then knows where I left off.
    This is a feature, which is available in infuse on atv. And it’s really cool, to have this continuity, like in Netflix etc.
    Maybe, this is something, that you could put on the wish list. :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Be great wouldn't it!

Can't see this happening with HT unfortunately as that would require a centralised database which would mean a ground up rewrite.

However, one way to do this is to use Jellyfin and Andy's Jellyfin client...

Or Plex, but I think I'd go with Jellyfin...

3. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi Marc, thanks for your answer. What I don’t understand, with jellyfin, is if I can use it with ht? Or do I need to use the jelly app?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, Jellyfin is a server based solution - so you need a server running on say a PC and this is accessed by various clients, one of which has been written specifically for Zidoo by @andy22.

Small learning curve, but well worth the effort.

https://jellyfin.org/downloads/

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/jellyfin-tv-client-zidoo-edition-beta10-released.93903/

5. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi thanks very much. I am very happy with HT, but will check the jelly app on the Zidoo as well.
    Many thx, Gregor

6. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Isn't this a revenue opportunity for Zidoo? Release a "Zidoo Server" box or paid software for Windows / Linux that only does indexing for HT & Music Player and I will gladly pay good money for it. This will also close the gap on Zappiti as they have always had a client/server architecture for their media players.