Beta version v6.4.29 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 24, 2022.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

ZDMC not working with NAS for me. It works with internal Kodi player but default external Zidoo player kicks right back to ZDMC movie page or Zidoo home screen. No joy for me. Latest ZDMC 19.4 and new .29 firmware.

@mirror help, we need this thing working.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i have Z9x to panasonic z1000 oled i get none of those issues with CEC

my normal is
    Echo turn on Zidoo

that starts Z9X then TV and denon 3700H reciever

When i want to shut it all down i usually just hit power off on TV and they all turn off

{ im still on .28 f/w gotta load .29 over yet now lawns are mowed and dogs walked ....)

did the update to .29 and still no issues turns all on when i start zidoo and all turn off when i shut down the TV

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  3. kris1208

kris1208 New Member

zdmc closes and crashes this time just after launching a movie, have you found the solution? Thanks.

4. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

As you're probably aware, Panasonic TVs aren't set to sleep mode when using the physical switch, it turns them off properly (and you can't wake them on without hitting that switch again beforehand, it eliminates the issue for sure).
    Then I wonder how your Zidoo can turn on the TV after it's been shut down through the panel's switch. I've just tried with a properly working CEC device (a PS5) and while it properly wakes up the TV when the TV is in sleep mode (turned off by remote), it has no effect when the TV is turned off through the physical switch (and that was expected). But maybe you're on a different chassis (region, or we know the 1000 series recently doesn't share the same electronic with the 1500/2000 as it used to).

In my case, I turn off the TV through the TV's remote (which enters into sleep mode, orange LED), which allows me to turn it on with the same remote (or other equipments).

Also, in my case there's no interface between the Zidoo and the TV (I don't know how your receiver is chained in your setup, but to dissipate any misunderstanding, in my case is Zidoo direct to TV).

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

For CEC function you need an HDMI connection TV-Zidoo-Receiver...

6. bader

bader New Member

When will a model update be available uhd 3000

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Do you really want to install a beta FW in this state on your UHD3000?

8. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Fortunately this is not how it works :) CEC is the ability to communicate other data than just audio and video (and copyright) through HDMI. Using your TV remote to control your PS5 for example is a CEC function. It does not need an interface between the two products, but not all products, TVs, or sometimes HDMI inputs, are CEC enabled.

My PS5 wakes my TV up (that's CEC), my TV remote controls my Z9X (that's CEC), and in normal time, switching off my TV through my TV remote switches off my Z9X (that's CEC). And I don't own an AV receiver, I don't need this in my setup.

If this can help troubleshooting, I only have three switches on in the CEC panel :
    Turn on Zidoo when the TV is powered on (1)
    Turn off the Zidoo when the TV is powered off (2)
    TV controls the Zidoo (5)
    My television is a Panasonic JZ1500.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

CEC works for me only if I use power off function from Zidoo remote power button. If I use sleep mode for Zidoo player the waking up is messed up.
    I'm in favour of CEC functions. It dynamically adapts to components in the chain. Zidoo remote will adjust receive volume but it will switch to TV volume if I shut receiver off (passthrough). TV remote controls Zidoo basic functions when active but it will switch automatically to TV Netflix app or receiver if that function is in focus. Custom buttons on the TV remote pull up Zidoo functions :). The only thing I'm missing is media info on Zidoo custom buttons.

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Not exactly as you explain although it works for you. The electronic signal must be sent through an HDMI cable. See the official info:
    Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is an HDMI® function that allows the command and control of devices (cable box, Blu-ray Disc™ player, etc.) connected to your audio system and TV. An HDMI cable must be used for CEC function to work.

11. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Regarding CEC I see this behavior every once and a while even on previous FWs and I just need to redo the handshake and it goes back to normal.

12. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I usually use HDMI cables to connect HDMI devices. Don't blame me, I'm a reckless soul.

Interesting ! How do you perform that handshake ? Following your idea, I flipped the CEC global switch off then back on (in the Zidoo settings) and so far I performed 6 successful extinctions of the TV without the sudden revival. Was it your technique ?

13. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Turn off, unplug HDMI cables on both ends, leave for 15 mins and then plug back together and try again.

Can also try with power unplugged as well to devices but know idea if that will actually reset it or not.

14. DMD

DMD Member

Good evening.
    I purchased a couple of days ago Z9X with fw 6.4.06 then ugrade to fw 6.4.28 ZDMC returns me the message "unable to play video".
    I flashed the system by downgrading the fw to version 6.3.92 and verified that ZDMC works normally.
    I upgraded to version 6.4.28 after the play circle returns me the usual "unable to play video" message. confirmed that this fw creates the problem for me.
    Today I noticed version 6.4.29 and unfortunately with ZDMC when I select any file for playback it closes immediately.
    I went back to version 6.4.20 and ZDMC is working normally.

3DBuff likes this.
  15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member