Beta version v6.4.29 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Brainscan1979

Brainscan1979 New Member

I have playback Problems in HT4. Movies run in slow motion and the sound goes on and off. ON my Denon Display flickering the speaker setup

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Bad HDMI I'd say. I get the same thing with my Denon trying to ram 18GB/s down an HDMI cable that won't support it.

However, unless you're using Dolby Vision at 60Hz, you shouldn't be anywhere near maxing out the HDMI chain, so what's bad about it, I'm afraid I can't say...

3. Brainscan1979

Brainscan1979 New Member

I had no problems with the firmware 6.4.20.

4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Problems with HT4 during recognition and playback of UHD BD HDR DV and WEB DL 5 Dolby Vision profile. Some movies of such formats are detected and start playing in 3D!!!
    This has not happened in any of the previous firmware!
    We'll have to roll back to 6.4.20, which is more stable.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure about that but seem to recall another similar post. Perhaps someone else could answer?

6. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Anyone notice initial loading of posters in HT4 is slower now? I know im at the top of end of content amount with (~750 movies and 12k tv episodes) but getting HT populated after waking up or booting is now like a minute instead of 30 seconds

vddan likes this.
  7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is a big problem for me now. ZDMC is not playing HD movies using internal or external player. Only UHD works.

@mirror, please rush the fix!

8. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

After installing this new firmware watching DV content now has the typical 'purple/greenish tinge' coloration of DV content viewed using a non DV capable display.
    My TV and Marantz receiver are not DV capable, however prior to this new firmware I was able to watch DV content without any problem at all using the DV VS10 engine for all content setting. Actually it was great!
    What has changed in this firmware that I am now no longer able to view this content do you think?

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes, this is a known problem with this beta firmware. We will release a new firmware soon.

10. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

Thanks Mirror for your very speedy answer!

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i had full green screen when i first tested on this f/w i swapped DV to LLdv in settings and it cleared

just switched it back to standard DV tv led and still working ok

something to try till next patch

Im also finding audio out levels on some things is WAY down from pre this f/w

ie normally i run amp on approx 50 percent setting
    some tv epis now im having to set it to 66 percent then its too loud on next one lol

quick run thru so far its looking like low quality audio files DA and MA types seems ok ill try make a list of types during the night

12. serg fedorov

5 Dolby Vision profile is now fixed?
    Now will some 4K movies in Dolby Vision and HDR be detected and played as 3D movies?

13. xskip

xskip Active Member

Hi, please, please make sort by Artist finaly a thing. ;)

Attached Files:

14. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Do you have tutorial on how to downgrade? I tried tru usb but it doesn't allow by the system.

15. serg fedorov

azon1951 likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't know when we got this update from .28 but ZDMC supposed to be fixed now.
    Thank you @mirror :)

17. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I'm holding back a little bit until the others confirm that ZDMC and DV is fixed. 6.4.20 works flawless for me.

18. Meister Red

Meister Red New Member

I can confirm with .29, ZDMC is working fine -> I am able to play HD and UHD mkv files from NAS via ZDMC.
    Thanks for this new Beta

vddan and crutzulee like this.
  19. bobrik73

bobrik73 New Member

6.4.28 - 6.4.29 ZDMC not working DTS-HD
    passes only the core DTS

E-AC3, 6 ch, 1536 kb/s not work ZDMC & Gallery

20. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I'm using my Zidoo with a Panasonic TV (2021 model) and this firmware has the worst CEC support so far. Basically, when I turn off the TV, it's supposed to turn off the Z9X, and it does. For about a second. Then the Zidoo boots up, which turns on the TV. So I turn off the TV again, which turns off the Zidoo. For about a second. Then the Zidoo boots up, which turns on the TV. So I turn off the TV, which turns off the Zidoo, and we're good. But I wish I didn't have to turn off my TV three times in a row, especially because this can interrupt the auto-maintenance process of the OLED TV screen, which eventually harms the display. In the past, it did happen sometimes, but I can't recall this to happen twice every time, this is quite new.
    I wanted to ask for an option to allow the TV to put the Zidoo into sleep mode instead of turning it off, but right now the priority is to already properly shut it off.

Also, I can't boot the Zidoo anymore using the iOS Zidoo controller app. It says the signal is sent, but nothing happens. Once the Zidoo is turned on manually, the app can interact with it properly. It was already malfunctioning with the previous firmware, but I remember it did work fine in the past. I removed and re-added it in the list, but it's still malfunctioning.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022