EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It really shouldn't make that much difference - the colour primaries are very very slightly tweaked to map more accurately to BT.2020, but in all honestly given the number of bytes allocated to each primary in the Dolby Block and variation of displays, I doubt you'd notice the difference.

2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Well so precisely !!!
    :rolleyes: ;)

3. Markswift2003

I've added that EDID to the bottom of the front page of this thread...

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

Perfect, it can be used for everyone!

5. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Tested the Full + BT2020NEW LLDV.
    Sadly, it does not change anything for me (but I am using a Sony projector 290es, so, it's different as JVC).

Actually I am using a 450nits EDID that work fine for me. But if I could change some little things more to get this step in brightness, it would be great (but perhaps it a specificity for JVC only).
    I'll keep going to look here and there :)

6. daigoro

daigoro New Member

hello Mark
    wich is better EDID for a sony 915es (vw 790)?
    thanks you very much for your help

7. Markswift2003

Depends why you want a new EDID.

8. daigoro

daigoro New Member

i use a edid 300 nits, but i thinks blacks are faded in dv. (cr 66 and lum 53 with my sony) .
    i'd like try one of your edid.
    i use vs 10 for hdr and sdr
    lldv for dolby vision

9. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Is it possible to include in the EDID a way to have a brighter image without loosing the black ? I mean, with the Sony 290, I can sometime find that the picture is a bit dark, but increasing the brightness make the image more washed and loose the black.

10. Markswift2003

Ok, the best bet is to use the LLDV edid included with the Zidoo, or the one referred to above and set the Sony for 1000nit HDR10.

11. Markswift2003

No, the EDID has no bearing on that - it's basically a small file that tells the source what the capabilities of the display are.

12. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Thanks for your answer !
    Personnaly, I tried your 1000nits EDID and the 400 one. With the 400nits, I have more details in high luminance.

13. daigoro

daigoro New Member

thanks you i'll test Full + BT2020NEW LLDV tonight

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

BTW @Markswift2003 - with all the talk about edids these days, is it possible my edid needs updating - the one my Vertex2 uses? I ask you this appx every 6 months :)

15. Markswift2003

Remind me which one you use..

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The one named: - Full + BT.2020 1000nit LLDV + HDR10+

17. Markswift2003

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

I think you have to refine the HDR setting of the Sony, but not knowing it .......... Maybe Mark can tell you more!

20. Markswift2003

Can't help too much with a Sony as I don't have one here, but the theory is simple:

1. Load a BT.2020 LLDV 1000nit EDID into the Zidoo so it believes the display is Dolby Vision but with BT.2020 target primaries and the Dolby signal is tone mapped to 1000nits if needed.

2. Set the Zidoo to output LLDV

3. Set the display to its 1000nit BT.2020 HDR10 mode

It's the third point that can be tricky - with an HDFury device it's easy because you send a dummy HDR message telling the display to switch to 1000nit BT.2020 HDR. Without an HDFury you have to manually switch the display into its HDR mode and that's not always possible.

1000nit is used because it's the nominal value for LLDV and also HDR10 but other values can be tried and may provide better results in an individual setup - but the nit value in the EDID Dolby Block has to ideally match what the display is expecting.

vddan and rozel like this.