EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It sounds ok. I only use Premium Certified Cables:

https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

They don't have to be expensive.

However, you haven't said what framerate the content is that's giving you problems - cables would generally only really be an issue at 50~60Hz.

The other option is that there are issues with your files.

2. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

Thank you very much for your comprehensive help. Regards

3. patlermite

patlermite New Member

salut a toi markswift2003
    j ai un pana 58DX800,un denon X2400H et un Z9X
    voici mon edit si tu peux faire quelque chose
    merci a toi man

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  4. Markswift2003

What would you like doing??

5. patlermite

patlermite New Member

amelioration si possible ?

6. Markswift2003

There's nothing "better" you can do to it - all the EDID does is tell the source what the capabilities of the display are.

If you add a feature that the display does not support then it simply won't work with that feature.

You have to have a specific reason to change anything in the EDID - for example to reduce HDMI bandwidth or use it for LLDV.

7. patlermite

patlermite New Member

Ok merci man

8. Markswift2003

Pas de probleme

9. tornado73

tornado73 New Member

hello everyone, there is a dangbei mars pro 4k projector. when playing 3d iso does not switch to 3d mode, it writes an unsupported device, while playing normal stereo pairs perfectly .
    is it possible to solve the problem by editing edid?
    now I use your edid . Full + BT.2020 1000nit LLDV + HDR10+.bin

everything is fine and dv and hdr, but 3d is not active, is it possible somehow to enable 3d support in this file?
    snx

just in case, I attach the projector file downloaded via

Attached Files:

10. Brainscan1979

Brainscan1979 New Member

Hello, sorry for the bad English.

I have a LG OLED77B1 and a DENON AVX-4700H. Is it advisable to work with a custom EDID here? If so could someone build me one? I do not get that unfortunately, because I do not understand the structure of the EDID.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need a custom EDID unless you know exactly what it is you are looking for. If you use custom EDID file in Zidoo it will lock the settings blindly to that file. If you shut your receiver off or use any type of headphones you may not get sound at all. Zidoo will be forcing Dolby Atmos into your headphones or TV stereo speakers :D

Without the custom file Zidoo will dynamically adapt to all available hardware.

12. Markswift2003

Sort of - actually loading your current EDID with all sinks connected can be very useful since the box then doesn't have to rely on devices being switched on to read the EDID.

But I kind of figure if you have to ask is a custom EDID useful, then invariably the answer is no.

13. Brainscan1979

Brainscan1979 New Member

Thank you for your answers. I will use it then without Custom EDID.

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

Hi Marks, since yesterday I use the Edid published on August 30 on AVS called: 'Full + BT2020NEW LLDV.',
    .Bin ', I recognize that with my JVC NZ 7 it brings a brightness in the image and the contrast/brightness balance is superb .......... seen on an entire film and some known extracts and difficult !!
    Thank you again ........... I will test it over several days to see weeks!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  15. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

@vddan is it a different one that the BT2020 in the first page ?
    Do you have the link where to find this 'Full + BT2020NEW LLDV.' ?

16. vddan

vddan Active Member

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

This Edid is really well balanced and made superb blacks, last night on a UHD series whose episodes I started with my old Edid, I watched two other episodes and frankly 'superb'.

18. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Thanks ! Will test this !

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

20. Markswift2003