external player active click ok when playback has ended

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gadgetman, Dec 8, 2016.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

New User and very dissapointed so many problems do not no where to start first.

Start with the above when in kodi movies will play back but when i switch to the external player i get the above message everytime. Cleared data factory reset but will not dissapear or movie not start. This unit will probably be sent back so many issues lets see if we can sort the above problem first. Thanks in advance.

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

So have you clicked ok when the play has ended?
    It is what i tend to do.
    Don't go back to the home screen whilst something is playing.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes clicked ok but nothing happens

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think gadgetman mean that when hu coose external player, the external player don't start, ad appears directly "click ok when playback has ended" popup.
    This is happened some times also to me, but currently external (Zidoo) player starts, shos a message that is not apble to play the file, exits and the same popup appears.
    If I remeber correctly, I'm not the only one...

5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes paco you are correct. Impossible to play when in kodi i click the use external player.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you tried it in Media Center?

7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No not set up a library within the media centre want to use kodi only.

8. PacoRabanne

gadgetman, the question is: have you tried to play the same file with Media Center (of Zidoo Explorer, I suppose) ?

On the other hand, mirror, the issue I reported happens only using ZDMC and external player (Zidoo player), but the exact same file is played with no problems by Zidoo Player if selected by Zidoo explorer.
    Very strange, isn't it?

9. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I see yes will play if i remove the play with external player button in kodi, i'm getting confused with all this.

10. PacoRabanne

gadgetman, my question was: are you able to play the same file accessing it with Zidoo Filemanager? NOT with ZDMC/kodi.
    AFAIK, Zidoo Filemanager uses Zidoo Player to play video files. ZDMC normally uses internal ZDMC/KODI player (named DVDPlayer) to play files, and if you instead choose "external player" (or set it as default player), it used Zidoo Player, the same as Zidoo Filemanager.
    mirror, am I wrong?

11. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

in file manager/explorer i click play will work yes. I thought using the external player in kodi delivers the best quality and atmos so i need to use that.

12. PacoRabanne

OK gadgetman, yours seems the same happening to me. The player is the same in both cases, is the standard one in Media Center/Filemanager/Explorer (too name chages!!!) and as external in ZDMC.
    I don't understand why it happens. Unluckily X9S ZDMC don't handle "playercorefactory.xml" as official Kodi or SPMC or X6 pro ZDMC do, as already reported by me.

I'm free to help Zidoo developers debugging this issue. Let me know how.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  13. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Hi,

i thought if you have checked in kodi use external player is it not using the player by zidoo?

i can give you a link to google drive where my log file is, also the other issue i have with explorer not connecting to my NAS drive is also included but that is in another thread i have opened.

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

You are right.
    @gadgetman We found a Permission issue in the log file.Could you tell us what about your settings in synology NAS? We have two synology devices.But there are not any problem.Anywhere,We will keep to check it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_HYXyZOZeRSMlFJMEUzTXBBZjQ/view

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Thanks mirror i am sorted now. I set up from scratch a new account and set permissions all is working great now. Movie watching time :)

16. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

This has stopped working again unknown error and external player message. Ready to throw this out of the window now.

Synology NAS

user zidoo
    password *****
    user - system default group
    assign shared folder permissions movies read/write 3Dmovies read/write

what is the issue every other device i use i have no problem.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  17. spring

spring Guest

we will try your config of the NAS.

18. spring

spring Guest

we have found the problem of your configure, and we will fix this bug in V1.2.8.
    thanks very much.

19. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

update:

I have a 3D folder called 3D Movies, i have a space between 3D and movies, i removed the space and at the moment seems to be working.

20. spring

spring Guest

ok
    thanks, we also will fix the space problem in the new version.