Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, I believe we're waiting to hear from Realtek - it affects all 1619 devices (Zidoo, Zappiti and Dune).

Sekology likes this.
  2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

The Ugoos AM6+ also shows exactly the same issue, so maybe its a Dolby SDK issue?

3. Markswift2003

Definitely a Dolby issue, but whether it's intrinsic to the SDK remains to be seen.

My Sony UHD BD player does it too, but not as severe - it clips at about 78, but the Nvidia Shield is perfect down to 64.

4. mattmarsden

Yes, just interesting the Ugoos clips at exactly the same point as Realtek, is approximately the same vintage but totally different chipsets.

5. Markswift2003

Very interesting - no idea if the Ugoos uses VS10 or not - I bought one when they first came out and it is, to this day, the only media player I've ever sent back in 20 years of buying pretty much everything that comes out ;)

Although I did bin a Popcorn Hour once many years ago...

6. mattmarsden

It doesnt mention VS10 but you can force LLDV for all content and the results seem to be very similar to Realtek.

7. lightsout

lightsout Member

What exact setting should I be changing when using these files?

8. Alex N

Alex N New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Zidoo as of today and coming from Plex on the 2019 Nvidia Shield. I heard this was better and less buggy :)

anyways, couple questions before I start:

1. I've noticed that the remote for the zidoo is also controlling/messing with my SVS PC 4000 subs(very annoying). Is this a common issue and how can this be dealt with? I have a harmony elite remote that I will be using with the zidoo but worried it will do the same thing

2. is there a video tutorial on how to get the zidoo to scan/organize my attatched hard drive (that I used with the shield) that contains all my .MKV rips? There is a bunch of folders and two main ones that I'd like it to point to and make pretty like plex kinda thing

3. since I just received the unit and it is on and plugged into the ethernet-should I be looking for a software update?

Thanks in advance for the help and patience-I'm looking forward to enjoying this device and I plan on inputting the settings used on the first page of this thread

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  10. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

1. SVS SB400, same problem...

Vincenzo

11. Markswift2003

1 - It sounds like the Zidoo and the SVS are using the same IR code set. Zidoo uses NEC1 Device 64 and it seems the sub uses the same. Not a lot you can do about this - Personally, I would cover the sub IR sensor up with black tape since you don't need to mess with that once it's set up. Alternatives are IP control, RS232 control or simply use the app.

2 - You add your "Sources" in HT4 and scan them, but as @Visconti12 says, @OlivierQC has some great tutorials on this.

3 - It's usually worth updating to the latest release which is always found in a sticky in this forum and certainly when you buy a new unit because it will generally have quite an old release loaded.

12. Alex N

Alex N New Member

what do you do in your case to not have it change the SVS sub every time you press any button on the zidoo?

13. Alex N

Alex N New Member

It says that it is on v6.4.06 and automatically check for online update is on and says no update availible...should I use the usb route or is the online one usually the most current?

14. Markswift2003

The online update can be a bit random to say the least - occasionally the files are put on the OTA server but generally you have to download from the forum and update by USB.

Quick tip - don't unzip the file - copy as is to the USB.

Alex N likes this.
  15. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

If you tick " allow beta" in the Update Settings, the current beta v6.4.20 should come down automatically (as long as it is connected to the internet).

16. Alex N

Alex N New Member

Thanks. I'm always hesitant to get the betas by default...the non beta doesn't seem far off the current number.

17. Markswift2003

Thing is these boxes are always in beta - there's continuous development throughout and eventually a new box comes out so although occasionally a beta is changed to an official release if you like, there's no real differentiation between them - there's nothing particularly more stable so it's generally best just to keep up with the pack.

thenextvision and Alex N like this.
  18. Alex N

Alex N New Member

I am also having problems with the subtitles playing automatically each movie I select.

I really don't want to go and re rip all my movie collection again and I hate having to turn the subtitles off every time I start a movie.

is there a setting where the subtitles never come on unless I go into the menu for them?

19. Markswift2003

Settings/Playback/Default Language/Default Subtitle > Off

I'd leave Forced Subs on though:

Settings/Playback/Forced Subtitle > Auto (depending how they're flagged)

Alex N likes this.
  20. Alex N

Alex N New Member

Is there a way to scroll through chapters under the movie being showed and through chapter icons like how plex does it or is it only possible to simply keep hitting the button and it shows 1 chapter at a time numerically (1/24, 2/24,3/24 etc)to fast forward to?