Plex client for zidoo early version(24 Sep updated)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. qsnake

qsnake New Member

Please add support for external subtitles, and if possible, for RTD 1296 models like Z9s. Thanks for your good work!

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Support external subtitles after map devices

3. qsnake

qsnake New Member

So great! Thank you!

4. audiom3

audiom3 Member

Hi, new Zidoo UHD3000 owner here. I spent most of yesterday importing/fixing metadata for my 1100+ movies into HT 4.0 but would like to try Plex. I am very familiar with it as I've been using it for a few years (ShieldTV Pro) with my NAS. I don't see any firmware over 6.3.xx online. Is there a special place to download it or was it removed? I used this page and it shows 6.3.92 as the latest firmware:

Edit, can't post a link because your site thinks I'm posting spam :(

Thanks.

5. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

there’s a thread just a few down from this currently with the latest beta. They’re pretty much all beta’s and safe to use.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...1000-pro-uhd3000-neo-x-neo-s-neo-alpha.94137/

audiom3 likes this.
  6. Andras

Andras New Member

It does not seem to be working anymore for me. Have the same issue as originally before I changed the DNS setting.

7. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Any update on improvements to this beta? Was it intended to be a proof of concept on connecting to Plex, and then that functionality will be incorporated into HT4 or will “Zidoo Plex” be a separate thing going forward?

Either way l, @mirror - is it worth providing feedback at this point, or has enough time and changes occurred that we should wait for a new release?

qsnake likes this.
  8. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

to be of any use going forward it needs to not only register playback status from the server but retrieve it also, i watched a TV series on the Z9X (4 seasons) and it was a nightmare having to remember where i was up to.

lawdawg and qsnake like this.
  9. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

It seems like this thread has gone stale, but here are my comments for features needed to make this a truly usable Plex client.

1) Ability to press play on a poster and have the move start playing.
    2) Watch status for movies and TV series to be pulled from the server. Whatever it is doing now is missing or incorrect.
    3) Resume playing for TV shows plays the wrong episode
    4) Play Version - select between multiple versions of the same movie/show (1080p vs 4k, etc,)
    5) Delete media
    6) Mark a show watched/unwatched.
    7) Recently added TV list, to go along with existing Recently added movies on the main screen
    8) Poster Wall - vertical alphabet on right hand side, use to jump to quickly navigate through the poster wall.
    9) Chapter thumbnails/titles displayed on movie details page (leverage information Plex has generated vs having to go into the Zidoo player menus when watching the movie)

Cosmetic
    1) Backgrounds - option to hide, blur or show

Informational
    1) Selecting Actors doesn't pull up bio, or present other movies with that actor found in your library

10. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

i tried installing Plex and it works (on the latest 6.4.20-G firmware), but if i map the shares in the app and go to play a movie, the Plex app doesn’t play the movie and crashes back to the Plex home screen. Plex works fine if the shares are NOT mapped and plays back the movie.

adding the same SMB sources to Media Center works fine and plays back fine. also upgrading from 6.3.92-G to 6.4.20-G wiped out all my Home Theater 4.0 posters. now it shows “no posters”. it was working fine before upgrading. i was able to connect to a SMB fine, and the files were scanned and added. i am using an SMB connection to a NAS. now when i go to “sources” the Home Theatre app just crashes to the home screen.

is anyone else having this problem or can offer a fix?

11. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Any changes in newest alpha/beta outside of making work on newest FW?

12. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Not that I could see.

13. mirror

Support the servers used SSL

pcristi and Nathan W like this.
  14. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Will we be getting a new version of the plex beta app that works with the latest beta firmwares? Since upgrading I receive networking errors and cannot use Plex.

texasninja956 likes this.
  15. illmatic077

illmatic077 New Member

Have the same issue on the new beta using plex 1.025

16. mirror

Can make a log file?

17. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

So I followed the instructions to create a debug log file, and of course Plex now works. I rebooted the Z9x and it still works. The last Plex update I had was around 12 days ago, so nothing has changed on the server.

If it happens again, I will capture a log file for you.

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

@mirror, with the new v6.4.40 must we expect a new plex-client based in new fw?

kovacsgergely83 likes this.
  19. dj1515

dj1515 New Member

@mirror in plex on 6.4.40, after a video is paused for a few minutes and you unpause, it gives an error “cannot play video.” .. then it goes back to the videos info page and i have to restart playback.

20. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

@mirror or @Markswift2003 - Don't suppose we could get some kind of an update on the status of future updates this Plex player? Was it a POC, will it be its own player going forward, will Plex functionality be rolled into HT4, has it been abandoned?

nebula far and texasninja956 like this.