My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I love @OlivierQC 's video tutorials

Thanks Rozel, that's nice of you

rozel likes this.
  2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

My main concern/issue currently is that seemingly all bug/feature requests, seems to-be filtered by a few Mods, which than somehow can contact the dev's. I understand that you don't want to bombard the devs with random issues, yet there is no visible Zidoo dev even in this forum/community.

I would prefer a open bug/feature list, where everyone gets a vote, so bugs/features the community want the most can get extra eyeballs from the devs. Ofc someone would have to convince Zidoo that actually interacting with your community is a good thing.

PS: As example there is a major issue with missing mkv track-flags support from the player, yet no one seems interested in verifying this or putting it on some "list". So i'm kinda lost on how to bring up this issue, which i already did several times, but seems this just gets lost in the forum without a "interested" mod.

vddan and rozel like this.
  3. kergaz

kergaz New Member

Under "Display" menu there is a setting "Screen ratio" and a sub-setting "Display Mode" with 3 options:
    1. Compression
    2. Screen Cover
    3. Compression(GUI)

Any ideas what this is for and which sub-setting must be selected?

4. OlivierQC

Hello kergaz,

Sorry I don't know, but maybe markswift2003 can answer you

5. KillKen

KillKen New Member

Hi,

Is there anyway to mark all movies watched in one hit rather than individually going into each movie and marking it watched?

6. waleed787

waleed787 New Member

hi
    am thinking about buying Z9X but i notice in their web site showing in each two years they lunch new device and now Z9X completed 2 years and half did anyone heard about new device coming?

7. OlivierQC

Hello Walleed787 and welcome to this forum,

Yes indeed but with all the current problems (covid, etc..) maybe it has changed... unfortunately you may have to wait for many months...

Personally, the only thing that would make me eventually change my Zidoo box would be if they proposed a new model that has a double player to have full DV support but apart from that we already have a competition multimedia box that supports the main current audio/video formats and in my opinion by buying a Z9X now you won't make a bad choice either...

But I understand that this is a dilemma for you

See you soon

8. waleed787

waleed787 New Member

thank you so much OlivierQC
    and you 100% right
    i saw some comment in HDR10+ did they fix it ?
    because am gonna buy it , i have EGREAT A5 and it is headache .

9. OlivierQC

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR10+ of itself is working fine.

The first issue above is very specifically when trying to view the HDR10+ base layer in a Dolby Vision file when you have a Dolby Vision/HDR10+ display using "Mapping HDR10". Quite a specific set of circumstances and not one you'd usually come across. Generally if you have a Dolby Vision display and a Dolby Vision file, you'd want to watch in Dolby Vision.

The second issue is not something I can replicate so at the moment I don't think it's a general HDR10+ problem. Be interesting to know what caused it though.

There was a problem where HDR10+ metadata wasn't being used with HDR10+ files but that has now been rectified and will be rolled into the next public release.

So with a standard HDR10+ TV, playing an HDR10+ file, I'm not aware of any current problems.

11. OlivierQC

Thanks for the information, it will surely help Walled787 to make a choice.

12. waleed787

waleed787 New Member

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it.

13. OlivierQC

Hello,

This video is not a review of the Zidoo Z9X, but a guide for people who are about to receive it and also for those who are curious to know more before buying it.

As a reminder, the Z9X is a 4K multimedia player compatible with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS X... to sum up with all the most common audio/video formats.

We hope this video will help you get started with your Zidoo Z9X.

-----------

00:00 Teaser
    00:30 Introduction
    01:20 6 things to know before you buy a Zidoo
    04:58 Boot wizard
    05:50 A 3-step guide

See you soon​

DHP likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

Hello everyone,

In this informational video I will show you how I removed the antennas from the Zidoo Z9X, they are used for Wifi and Bluetooth.

I recommend you not to do this, you are free to follow my advice or not.

This video is not meant to be a tutorial, there are risks in doing this as you can imagine.

You may have guessed that I don't use Wifi or Bluetooth with my Zidoo Z9X, so be aware that after removing the antennas Wifi and Bluetooth will no longer be available.

Before starting the procedure and as a precaution, I have deactivated Wifi and Bluetooth.

---------

I have added sound effects so don't be surprised when you watch the video

---------

I say to you soon for new videos

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Love the sound effects :D

I've done this with every Z9X I own, although this is my favourite - definitely no antennas :)

!cid_c7dc83cd-c0de-47df-bcbc-9db0440d4ab7@winuk.jpg

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Looks and sounds? like you have too much time on your hands lol! We need a sound file to judge please

17. OlivierQC

Thanks Mark,

Nice work Mark, we can see your expertise with all the additions you made, while I was sweating like crazy when I disassembled my Z9X.

It would have been cool to have a plexiglass case to replace the original one

18. OlivierQC

Hello Rozel,

Indeed I have a lot of free time at home. :)

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hey up Olivier - I know you do lol! I was referring to @Markswift2003 's post

20. OlivierQC

Ouups sorry rozel

I have a feeling that Mark has a lot of free time as well, lucky him.

rozel likes this.