Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. kirk

kirk New Member

HDR is set to auto and HDMI Range is set to 16-235 all video is dark but SDR is the worse.

2. scottyfrenzy

scottyfrenzy New Member

Having the exact same problem with my zidoo z9x and c9 which Is calibrated. Have you tried switching between different picture modes ie cinema home etc

3. kirk

kirk New Member

No I have not tried that did it help? I am thinking of trying a factory reset to see if that fixes anything.

4. scottyfrenzy

scottyfrenzy New Member

It helped for me a little. Still not perfect though. Think I tried cinema home and isf bright room. But defeats having the TV calibrated

5. kirk

kirk New Member

Thanks I think I will just do a factory reset. I am searching the forums now to see the best way to do it I am not sure if I need to remove the hard drives or if I can save the HT stuff without having to rescan everything.

6. scottyfrenzy

scottyfrenzy New Member

OK nps let me know if you have any luck please as I'll do the same if it works

7. kirk

kirk New Member

I will do it sometime this weekend and let you know if it helps

8. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

Hello everyone, please let me know where I can get EDIT for panasonic oled tx-55gz950. Second question why watching the movie in Dolby Vision the image disappears from time to time and then reappears, this problem does not occur when i watch Netflix with Dolby Vision. Thank you for all your help and sorry for my poor English. Regards

9. kirk

kirk New Member

So I did the reset and I still have the same issue.

10. lightsout

lightsout Member

New guy here great thread. Was curious are these settings mainly focused on projectors? I have a TCL 6 series should I use the same as well?

11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

No, we use them with most of the TVs so yes, you can use them with your.

12. lightsout

lightsout Member

That's great thank you. I look forward to dialing things in.

13. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Just for info, got myself a LG 42 C2 oled with DV just to make the most out of the Zx9, and put everything on Auto and let the TV decide what 4.x.x variation to use. Have the HDR & DV option by VS10 marked on, and boy oh boy, the image is x times better than with a simple UHD HDR LCD. Dolby Vision beats HDR big time on this OLED model.

14. Sekology

Sekology Member

I am also having problems with black levels on Dolby Vision with LG C9 Oled. Shield is displaying dolby vision test pattern blacks with gradient perfectly fine. It seems that there is something definitely wrong with Zidoo when it comes to DV playback..

15. xskip

xskip Active Member

"It seems that there is something definitely wrong with Zidoo when it comes to DV playback.."

NOPE.

16. Sekology

Sekology Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  17. xskip

xskip Active Member

ok. normal use is OK.
    but this test. yes, not fine. ;)

18. Sekology

Sekology Member

I would not flag it if I would not see it in real content, but hey think what you want think.;)

Oldpainless likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Thing is I think you're both right - I'm the fussiest bugger you'll ever come across for image quality while watching a movie (I've been in movie theatres before now and tried to get to sleep instead of watching a poorly projected image) and I've never been anything else but blown away by the image quality of the Zidoo in my own little cinema.

I've never had a subjective issue with black levels with real world stuff, but when you throw up a Dolby Vision test pattern like this and see a hard clip at 85 you can't ignore it - at the very least it should be smoothed out in accordance with PQ and at the end of the day, if a lowly Shield can do it, so should VS10 be able to.

xskip, vddan and Sekology like this.
  20. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

The main thing is NOT to break what is already working well.

vddan likes this.