Zidoo - Video Tutorial

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 5, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This thread gathers my video tutorials dedicated to the Zidoo RTD1619DR range in order to give a helping hand to new users, and adds to the valuable help already offered by the members of this forum.

Hoping that it can help you

----------

Zidoo - Realtek RTD1619DR - Settings - FW 6.4.42

----------

How to set up - Synology - Windows 11 - Zidoo

----------

How to set up - Synology - Mac OS - Zidoo

----------

How to flash my Zidoo devices

----------

Zidoo UI Customization - Launcher ''Cancer''

----------

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  2. OlivierQC

----------

ZIDOO BOOT WIZARD

----------

Add Source Posterwall

----------

Add Local Trailers

----------

Add Custom Widgets

----------

How to change the chronological order

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    SilverEye and Darrinb like this.
  3. OlivierQC

----------

ADD Local Trailers

----------

ADD Personal video

----------

How to have this...

----------

Add a custom category/shortcut

----------

Add Sources - Posterwall

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    m0j0, SilverEye and Cranks like this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nice tutorials. :cool:
    Keep up the good work. :p

I will in the mean keep hammering Zidoo for Music Player improvements. Enough to do there.:rolleyes:

Topdude and OlivierQC like this.
  5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Thanks and congrats for the good work @OlivierQC

OlivierQC likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

Thanks to both of you :)

@Nice Monkey,

With your and Mark's help, I'm sure Zidoo will make it

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@OlivierQC - Deezer (mp3) and Quboz (flac including hi-res) allow downloading of music files through their respective API. Deezer is easier to search than Quboz. I usually use "movie name picture" to search for soundtracks. E.g., Wild Things picture. You can do monthly subscription to download the soundtracks.

8. OlivierQC

Thank you for the information AngryVirginian

Some people ask me where to get the soundtracks on other social networks

I will give them the link to your message

9. Nice Monkey

Suggestion: What is asked a lot is setting up SMB and NFS connections with SMB in either direction. With W11 it is a bit more complex as both SMBv1 and Anonymous are disabled by default. Also the router must be changed to not using DHCP when using Zidoo as SMB Server (=NAS).

10. OlivierQC

Hello,

updated this thread and added a new video at the top of the page about my settings with my Synology NAS

See you soon

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi guys - may I ask a couple of questions please as they relate to my Zidoo Remote v8: -
    1. I've asked this before soon after I bought my Zidoo a couple of years ago - why does it seem to eat Batteries? I seldom use it because I prefer my Harmony Remote and my Bluetooth/Wireless Mouse. But every time I do want to use it, the batteries are dead. I have switched off the back lighting on it but this doesn't seem to have increased their life much.
    2. I want to fully test the "back-door" firmware v6.4.18, which I have installed and so far haven't experienced any issues. But I want to test the new Sound Options and this will entail switching USB Audio on and off depending on the sound format. Could someone please describe (assuming it's possible) how to assign a button on the remote to toggle it off and on. I appreciate the Audio button can toggle the SACD format to Stereo or Multichannel which will be good too but it's the USB Audio switch in the main Sound settings that I'm asking about.
    Thanks

12. Nice Monkey

1. Bluetooth maintains an active communication with the player while active. I always power down my player when not in active use and have not much problems with the batteries. Yes use alkaline batteries for it. You also can just use IR not pairing BT works the same with some pointing.
    2. This can be implemented only by Zidoo adding a map option to the colored buttons for that. A very small change. Maybe they read it here or you can ask them for it via mail or opening a topic for it. I asked once to triple options by using: single, double and long presses for the colored buttons. Have a STB just doing that and it works great in practice.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  13. OlivierQC

I don't use the bluetooth with the V8, only the IR and I am quiet for several months (and I use the remote every day)

I use Panasonic Eneloop batteries, they are great, I have them in all my devices that need them

14. OlivierQC

How to change the default Widget icon

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    thenextvision and dr4go like this.
  15. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

Is there a way to change the episodes view on TV shows on HT 4.0? the default view is unintuitive and very clunky.

Six66Mike likes this.
  16. OlivierQC

Hello MetalGear,

If you are talking about this GUI, Well, not that I'm aware of.

[​IMG]

17. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

Well that's a bummer, hope they add additional views in the future.

18. Nice Monkey

Using a Library App there ate plenty of choices; Roon, JRiver, Jellyfin and Plex all reported to work, this next to KODI/ZDMC

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@andy22

hi andy,

i really have to say the zidoo software is really bad. .
    you can change the nfo as you want nothing is taken over there is always missing movie information or pictures of actors !!!
    if you want to change something you have to delete the entire database to change it. . absolutely bad . .
    and ip adress:9528 you can really forgot is full of bugs
    I’ve been asking to zidoo support for months but there’s nothing !

could you help zidoo to eliminate these bugs
    because zidoo support can not do it
    zidoo usually always create new bugs

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

wondered why i was mentioned here...

Here is the deal, i do this in my spare time, mainly because i was not happy how Zidoo worked out of the box. So ofc i always have a bias to work on stuff, i actually use.
    Until i get hired by Zidoo, which is unlikely given that they probably don't pay senior software developer salaries, i have no incentive to work on HT4.

PS: That's ofc also ignoring that HT4 is not open source, so even if i wanted to i would need to sign a NDA to get the code.