Blu-ray/4k menu disc load

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Enet, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Enet

Enet Active Member

I mostly enjoy this product. But I still have a number of blu-ray and 4k discs that won't load when attempting to load the menu. If this is this the final state we will be left in I will be very disappointed as this is core functionality.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Guess what is on top of my list here?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ms-upto-fw-v6-4-06-no-feature-requests.84836/
    No I don't expect this to be improved anywhere soon (or ever at all). There are a few BD Menu workarounds included in the the text to ease the pain a bit.

Zidoo media players are becoming a true Swiss Army Knife with exactly this being the weakest point in my modest view. Handling the BD Java Code has serious programming and legal aspects it seems.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  3. Enet

Enet Active Member

Yeah none of the workarounds make sense when you actually want to see the menu. Plus the issues with multi-language menus don't seem to apply for any of my problem discs.

4. Nice Monkey

A dark screen with no image at all is mostly a Multilanguage menu. It lets you select the language for the actual menu displayed next which is operated using JAVA code.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  5. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

6. Nice Monkey

@Kenshin Haha just one misleading word in the above being "all". :p

We got seamless branching fixed after several years maybe BD profile 2.0 Menu support (also called BD-J or Full Menu) will follow too one day?
    Bonus View and BD-Live are neither supported but frankly never got popular and almost forgotten about by now.

7. Enet

Enet Active Member

My Oppo clone was in many respects equal to this box. The main difference for me was blu-ray menu management.

8. Nice Monkey

Yes confirmed and the second one DVD-Audio support. SACD support got even superior to OPPO with Neo Alpha plus MP7.

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@Nice Monkey the correct text should read.. supports BD or UHD menu but complex MPLS and Java doesnt works on zidoo :D:D:D

yes i can agree unfortunately all this was put into oblivion !!!

maybe soon a player for a hundred thousand euros will come, and this player will do everything, but this will then definitely be also only a beta player !!!:confused::confused::confused::D