EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

2. rickyman

rickyman New Member

here is my epson 5040 bin file.

thank you for ur help/

Attached Files:

3. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Cranks

Cranks Member

Thanks once again. Your advice is invaluable.

I am pretty sure I am using those settings but will check tonight!

5. Cranks

Cranks Member

Yep ... using these settings!

6. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

@Markswift2003 : Hi. I sent you a message. Here is my EDID, which I would like to integrate via an 8k vrroom. EDID corresponds to LGOLED65G1+Sound Info from AVR.

Attached Files:

7. Olsch

Olsch New Member

I use the Projector Epson LS10000.
    Can someone tell me which edit would be perfect for me.
    Thx for help.

8. Markswift2003

There's no reason to use a custom EDID unless you have a particular need to.

One of the main uses is to trick the Zidoo into producing BT.2020 LLDV but the LS10000 isn't HDR capable so other than curiosity, that wouldn't really apply.

Other uses are, for example, to restrict HDMI bandwidth if the HDMI chain can't take 600MHz but the display EDID says it can. And a few other tricks.

I would say set HDR to VS10 for HDR and DV content for that projector then HDR and DV are converted to SDR by VS10 and SDR is left alone.

9. Olsch

Olsch New Member

Ok i want try this.

10. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

@Markswift2003 would it be possible for you to make me a custom EDID for an Epson projector where the highest signal it can take is 2160, 24 fps 12bit. I want to use LLDV which is fine for 24fps but obviously if I play anything 50/60fps the projector can't display it. Would it be possible to make an EDID based on your LLDV one thats pre-loaded on the Z9X but with any 2160 12 bit modes higher than 24fps removed? Thanks!

11. Markswift2003

No problems - rather than a generic one it'd be better using your own EDID with a Dolby block added - can you send me your EDID with the equipment connected as you would usually use it - ie if there's an AV amp in line etc, leave it in and I can add a Dolby block to it.

12. mattmarsden

Awesome, will do

13. mattmarsden

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  14. Markswift2003

Ok - try this one.

I suspected this would happen, but your EDID was full - they're only 256 bytes, and there wasn't room to add the extra 12 bytes needed for the Dolby block.

What I've done is remove a timing block that shouldn't be needed to make room for the Dolby block. I could still have provided a generic EDID but I think this should be better - there are a few unique things in Epson PJ EDIDs since although they are HDMI 1.4 they have some HDMI 2 features..

Hopefully this will behave exactly like your current EDID with the exception that LLDV is available... Let me know how you get on :)

Attached Files:

15. mattmarsden

Thanks @Markswift2003 I'll give it a try later.

Works perfectly, thanks very much Mark.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  16. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

Hello everyone, please let me know where I can get EDIT for panasonic oled tx-55gz950. Second question why watching the movie in Dolby Vision the image disappears from time to time and then reappears, this problem does not occur when i watch Netflix with Dolby Vision. Thank you for all your help and sorry for my poor English. Regards

17. Markswift2003

I assume your TV is a Panasonic TX-55GZ950, in which case you can download it yourself with the Zidoo (Settings/Display/Custom EDID).

Pictures disappearing and reappearing is usually to do with poor HDMI cabling or possibly bad files.

18. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

Thanks for helping with EDIT. While viewing content HDR the picture does not fade away that's why it's probably not a problem with the cable, fade out occurs only with Dolby Vision.

19. Markswift2003

It depends what the content is - if it's 59~60fps standard HDR will only max out at 13.8Gbps (10-bit 4:2:0) assuming it's set correctly but if it's Dolby Vision at 50~60fps the bandwidth will be the full 17.8Gbps (12-bit 4:2:2 for Player Led or 8-bit RGB for TV Led) so cabling can then very much be an issue.

20. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

My cable is : HDMI 2.1 Alogy 2m 8K PREMIUM ULTRA High Speed 60Hz 48GBps please write me if there is ok. If the cable is bad, what parameters should I look for. I have already gone crazy and I do not know how to position Zido 9x my TV for the best picture. Thank you for any help.