EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. monacoville

monacoville New Member

Yeah it does the same with my Samsung Q80T. HDR10+ drops out below 50hz.

2. rickyman

rickyman New Member

how do i know that edid u upload works with my pj or not? i have epson pj.

3. audit13

audit13 New Member

I have an LG C7 television and was wondering if I should use LLDV or TV-LED for rips made with makemkv. Maybe it makes no difference since these are rips? I'm really not sure. I attached a EDID file with the z9x connected directly to my TV.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I would probably say TV Led, but trust your eyes - whichever (if any) looks better. If both look the same, toss a coin ;)

audit13 likes this.
  5. audit13

audit13 New Member

Thank you.

I couldn't see any difference after doing a few brief tests so TV-led it will be :)

6. afss

afss Active Member

Hello everybody ! Just wanted to verify if Zidoo has assessed the possibility to add the HDR flag when we have LLDV configured (with the proper EDID). I currently do not have an HDFury device capable of doing that (i.e. VERTEX 2).

On my JVC projector, I can manually switch to the HDR mode, but it does not work on my Sony TV.

7. Markswift2003

I've asked about that a few times and never got a response - it would be a great idea and would certainly take the EDID function to the next level.

The SOC itself is capable of generating an HDR SEI - it does this if you force HDR for the GUI but I'm not sure if it's possible with VS10.

vddan likes this.
  8. afss

afss Active Member

Thank you ! I will query Zidoo as well, so that they can see this would be popular feature.

vddan likes this.
  9. rickyman

rickyman New Member

since i have a projector - > soundbar - > zidoo 10pro

do i have to unplug everything and plug the projector directly to the 10pro ? to send u the edid.

10. Cranks

Cranks Member

Hey Markswift2003,

Really appreciate your advice here.
    I am wondering if my current settings are providing me with the ultimate picture quality for my setup?

I have:-
    Z9X (custom EDID BT2020 & VS10) -> HTP-1 (video passthrough) -> Vertex 2 (with below config) -> Epson Tw9400 (Professionally calibrated)

On the Z9X I am using your preferred colour settings, and I am also using VS10 for SDR & HDR.
    When playing movies or TV series I always have around 3 seconds of blank screen with audio - not sure why this is happening.
    I don't see any video badges when playing starts - maybe because of the video delay period?
    Sometimes in dark scenes, some of the black areas appear 'cloudy' - this is an observation more than a concern to me.

Appreciate any / all advice.

Attached Files:

11. Markswift2003

which EDID are you using (I’ve made a lot!)

Are you outputting LLDV to the projector?

12. Cranks

Cranks Member

which EDID are you using (I’ve made a lot!)
    BT.2020 LLDV EDID from the Z9X settings

Are you outputting LLDV to the projector?[/QUOTE]
    Yes

13. Markswift2003

Yes[/QUOTE]

Ok - so as long as the vertex is set up to send a custom 1000nit BT.2020 HDR message when it receives LLDV (and from the config it looks like it is) then there's really no adjustment to make on the Zidoo side so I think you're all good.

Any tweaking would be in how the projector handles HDR.

Cranks likes this.
  14. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Sorry Mark , but have you ever edited this file for Z9X : "600 MHz Rec709 EDID " for use with VS10 ?
    Is it for in the zidoo firmware edit collection?

Thank you

15. Cranks

Cranks Member

Ok - so as long as the vertex is set up to send a custom 1000nit BT.2020 HDR message when it receives LLDV (and from the config it looks like it is) then there's really no adjustment to make on the Zidoo side so I think you're all good.

Any tweaking would be in how the projector handles HDR.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks so much mate.

And finally, can you suggest how, if at all, how the delay in video starting can be improved? Or is this the way my system handles videos now??

16. Markswift2003

Any EDID can be uploaded to the Z9X.

17. Markswift2003

That's HDMI resync - the way I minimise it is to output everything in LLDV, set resolution to 4k23 and set frame rate mode to "frame rate only".

That means that the only time HDMI resyncs is if the frame rate isn't 23.976.

Cranks likes this.
  18. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Sorry but you didn't understand me, translation problems ...
    question : You have posted on this forum an EDIT: "600 MHz Rec709 EDID"?
    If yes, can you please share it?
    Thank you

19. rickyman

rickyman New Member

i ddl the epson 5040 pj edid file. i cannot get it to upload to this forum. why not.

what can i do to send it to u?

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

change the .bin to .txt then you can upload it here.