Resolved Audio microlags with YouTube

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spawn_lmg, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Video / Audio microlags with YouTube / YouTubeTV / YouTubeKids / YouTubeGames app

2. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

I've been having the same problem. Audio glitches with YouTube frequently

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

this bug is strange, also reported on x6 pro box. Strange part is that only happend to a part of users. Some report lags. Some don't. for example. my youtobe on x6 pro and x9s has 0 problem. Never lags, even on wifi . same with other streaming apps. twitch for example. perfect playback.

Can you also test twitch ? to see if playback is ok ?

4. spawn_lmg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

Sorry I didn't reply immediately. Twitch works better than YouTube most of the time, but only when I switch the player off and on again. Not a good solution at all

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think is something related to RAM caching of file writes, that in Android seems not well dimensioned in some ROM/FW.
    In other Android device (paticularly those with less RAM), every time a write intensive app is running, the device become very laggy if not unresponsive for a long time.
    OK, X9S has 2 GB of RAM, but quick responsive android device (with recent release) now has 3, 4 or even 6 GB of RAM...
    Are there some more optimizations possible?

7. spawn_lmg

If the data folder to remount to external storage, lags disappear. Even if the external storage twice slower. Bad optimization of work with internal drives!

Pelayo and yrxe like this.
  8. spawn_lmg

@freeroc
    You could reproduce the stuttering audio problem in Youtube?
    Already several people have reported this problem!

9. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    i will check it.

10. Meraon

Meraon New Member

I have the same problem, wait for the solution

11. yrxe

yrxe New Member

@spring
    I have even sent log files of this issue approx. one month back. (Via email)

Wiating for any update.

12. spawn_lmg

13. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

When you decide your problem with the friezes. Impossible to watch YouTube!

14. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yesterday I watched some video on youtube, absolutely without problems. Your problmes happens with any video or only with some with individual characteristic ?
    P.S. I don't watch Youtube often, and I've installed the Android TV version to do some check on interface with X9S remote, so maybe this release is rather different from standard one...

15. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

Friezes sound on all the videos, somewhere less somewhere more

16. yrxe

yrxe New Member

Zidoo team @freeroc @spring , what do you suggest? I dont see any response while issue still exist.
    Do you need more logs or what? Just let us know how we can collaborate te get issue solved.

I also tried android tv youtube version result was same

17. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

We have received the issue report.

18. jamo2355

jamo2355 New Member

here is a problem with youtube, but it is a problem with the sound in this app. how to solve it ???

blicht10069 likes this.
  19. dennys84

dennys84 Member

Dear zidoo guys, please confirm that in 1.2.8 beta 5 ridiculous youtube bug with juddering picture and buzzing sound is still remains unsolved. Would be great if you at least notify us how and when it will be fixed. Because many people bought this device just for that purpose, but even cheapest chinese phone can do it better. Its a shame, sorry.

P.S. Everyone who experienced the same problem, please post here, even if you wrote in other thread.

blicht10069 and Pelayo like this.
  20. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

I have the same problem with both the mobile youtube app and the android tv.

blicht10069 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.