All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mystery solved. That explains it. WOL is an exclusive Ethernet chip feature and works only being wired.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN
    The APP won't be able to see the difference.
    Updated the text to make that very clear. For me it was obvious. Sorry for the confusion.

gymnos and Cranks like this.
  2. Cranks

Cranks Member

Thanks mate....working now!!

3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Quick question. I am thinking about getting another Zidoo for basement gym area which only has an old Panasonic 1080p plasma TV from like 2007 (rarely used). Can a Zidoo 1619DR player can downscale 4K sources to 1080p on the fly? I suspect that the answer is yes but need to confirm before actually buying one.

4. Nice Monkey

Yes downscaling works just fine.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Can Confitm Yes using a Pioneer Plasma and also 2 x Panasonic Plasma Monitors 2008 / 2009 Models

Note : The older Z10 Models has issues ( poss Dolby Vision Playback Flashing )

AngryVirginian likes this.
  6. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Subtitles:
    I wish when I selected a subtitle (or Off) from the Subtitle List, the list could auto-dismiss instead of me then having to press the Back key to make the List go away.

I wish there was an Only-On-When-One-Skips-Back mode (that reminds me, to skip back a bit I've been using the Left-Arrow on the wheel, usually about 2 or 3 times (in IIRC 6-second increments): is there another nice way to skip back about 15 seconds (which I usually do to hear a phrase I didn't understand again)?

7. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I seem to recall a mention somewhere of getting apps beyond the default set as Android apps onto one's Zidoo. How does one do so? Are there any particularly relevant ones people dig?

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Install the G version of your software, then install Google Play and then download the apps you need as if they were on your phone

9. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much for that rozel, I've now read some threads on doing that. I'm not sure I have any reason to though. I see some want to install streaming apps, but I'm not sure I see advantages to doing that on my UHD3000 instead of my streaming boxes. One utility I'd install would be an Internet bandwidth test, but that hardly seems worth the effort since I don't envision streaming anyway.

thenextvision likes this.
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

People with G version had better luck with trailers in HT but no solid evidence that trailers work all the time with your Google account active and G version.

11. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Interesting, thank you for that 3DBuff. I'm allergic to trailers. But I saw people mention the G version is less resource-intensive so snappier, and I wouldn't mind Posterwall populating my thousand-movie poster wall faster. But I'm OK with the current time-to-polulate-poster-images, and it sounded like the G versions lag behind the non-G. Where does one d/l the G versions? And once on G, does the Update tab download them?

(Speaking of the Update tab, when a update comes out do we get a notification, or must we manually visit the Update tab?)

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

13. Nice Monkey

Never tried to install the old GAPP's from the previous generation with a new Neo Model but will give a try. If that works?

14. audit13

audit13 New Member

Hi, I've had my z9x for about 2.5 weeks and I'm very impressed with it's capabilities.

I noticed that there is an option to display the real time bit rate for a file. Does the bit rate include audio or is it just the video rate? I searched the web but could not find an answer.

Thank you.

15. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I was happy to see that the UHD3000's ethernet port fully utilized my gigabit fibre (once I installed a speed test from the G version's Play Store).

16. Susano

Susano New Member

Loving my Zidoo z1000pro.
    Does anyone know why movie ratings are not showing in the poster wall information? I have the tick bow in settings enabled to allow them but none of my movies or tv shows are displaying any ratings?

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

In Sydney I got my UHD3000 from https://a1futureshop.com.au/brand/zidoo/
    In Melbourne Selby's stock some.

18. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

and Selby's (where I got my Z1000 Pro from) were willing to negotiate price, so no need to buy from o/s :)

19. Krk67

Krk67 New Member

Neo @: Mayby somebody knows: Do the Accusilicon High Precision clocks works on both of the HDMI outputs or is it only for the Analogue ESS9038Pro dac's?

20. Nice Monkey

The Neo Alpha design in fact integrated the DAC panel with the motherboard. So it could be, but I think I see another dedicated crystal near the SOC components? Sound via HDMI is anyway excellent with Neo Alpha.
    I know Neo X used a dedicated quality crystal for the motherboard which improved audio quality via HDMI easy perceivable. If Neo Alpha is better here than Neo X? Those margins are so small that I would verdict identical.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022