Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry - That's me not reading the question properly, but the ignore words thing is so HT completely ignores that file and doesn't scan it - it came about for trailer files so they don't become part of the library... Sorry about that.. .

Yes you can just remove sources but I always to go to settings/library and hit "Clear" - This resets the database completely but also resets all the HT settings and gives a complete fresh start... Then delete all the errant .hometheater folders...

coyote2 likes this.
  2. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Sweet, thanks very much! I like that Clear let me retain Settings.

3. Markswift2003

I do it all the time - I can fully reset, re-enter settings and widget art and re-scan (from NFO and local art) in my sleep now!

coyote2 likes this.
  4. coyote2

coyote2 Member

May I ask why so much practice? Does it get corrupted, or not self-regulate perfectly?

5. Markswift2003

No, just testing and fiddling around on my test box - in the cinema I have a Z9X that I haven't touched for months - I don't think I've rebuilt that database for over a year - it's been rock solid.

But I'm constantly testing for the devs and users and and sometimes messing the database up on purpose so you become quite good at resetting!

coyote2 likes this.
  6. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Ah, of course, thank you very much for all the testing and everything else you do for us all!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

You know what? - I thoroughly enjoy it - it's a pleasure to be around (virtually) such nice people and to help out where I can - and I never stop learning!

andyt1000, crutzulee and rozel like this.
  8. coyote2

coyote2 Member

What does Posterwall do when a Source is only sometimes connected (I'm considering using external drives)? Does that force it to work to Scan-and-remove stuff, then Scan-and-re-add stuff when the external drives are connected again?

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, it keeps database intact, shows drive disconnected in sources and all movies disappear from the poster wall until drive is reconnected again.

A lot better solution would be to have the option of keeping the database from disconnected drive on. You would see your full collection all the time and it would ask you to connect the drive or remove the movie info if you click on it to play. Kodi does it since the beginning of times.

coyote2 likes this.
  10. coyote2

coyote2 Member

How does a Posterwall Scan deal with existing artwork files? For example, from my previous media box (PCH A500) I've already got some files like
    movie-filename.jpg
    movie-filename.fanart.jpg

(In the same folder on the drive as the movie file.)

Should I remove these files prior to scan, or will Scan know what to do with them?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  11. Markswift2003

Details in the PDF attached to the first post:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...layers-updated-with-local-trailer-info.82695/

Basically you can use them, but you just have to rename them (and set local art in preferences of course!) - use a program like Bulk Rename to do it all in one go.

dr4go and coyote2 like this.
  12. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thanks very much Mark, I missed that PDF. I've loved Bulk Rename Utility forever, I see that all I need to do is switch .fanart to -fanart and add a bunch of -poster, yay!
    I totally agree. I'm experienced at some things that I love helping people with on the Internet too. I think this phenomenon is one of the very best things about the Internet!

dr4go, Netmask and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i need help, i am trying to scan a Tv series called Blood and Treasure (2019) there are 12 episodes but Zidoo and TMM only scan 8 episodes, is there a way to get info on the 12 episodes

14. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

IMDB lists 13 eps (though eps 1 & 2 are together): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7712598/episodes?season=1
    TVDB lists it as 12: https://thetvdb.com/series/blood-and-treasure/seasons/official/1
    Where is your TMM scraping the episode info from (TMM Universal, IMDB, TVDB/TVDB Legacy etc.)?

15. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i have been using TVDB with TMM they have been named by filebot, TMM finds all files nfos and jpegs but posterwall only goes up to 8 episodes

16. Hippoponderous

Well, that's strange. So even though all 12 eps have corresponding nfo's & images, Posterwall is only displaying 8 of them.
    Have you tried removing & then re-adding the series to the library?
    Is HT4/Posterwall set to prioritize nfo's, or scrape the episode info itself?

17. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i have deleted files and re-installed them but still only 8, will have a go

18. Hippoponderous

Are the missing episodes showing up under Posterwall's 'Unmatched' category?

19. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I've got a set of unmatchable video files (not in this case personal files, but not movies or tv shows). Is there an approach to getting them onto Posterwall? (For one, so it can bookmark my place as I work my way through them.)
    Assuming there's a way, I figure then I'll attach some local artwork to them.
    What's the approach to associating extras with films/collections? I watched all of OliverQC's helpful Zidoo YouTubes, but I'm not sure I can take the approach of his one on movie versions; for example, I've got a 3-figure number of extras for a TV series (Breaking Bad), both .MP4 and .MKV, and they aren't 'specials' on TVDB so a Posterwall scan rather randomly associated them as alternate (1-2, 1-3) versions of episodes (which they aren't, they're extras). I guess maybe my next step would be to move these extras files out of Source, which I assume would trigger Posterwall to clean up the mess they made it make with them; but what next, please?

If the answer is "nothing", would putting them in a foldername which I assign as an Ignore Word be a (the?) was to get Posterwall to ignore the contents of that folder? (Even if the answer isn't "nothing", I'm wondering if setting a foldername to an Ignore Word is a way to get Posterwall to ignore a folder's contents...or, enable me to treat them like the unmatchable files I asked about in (1).
    All in all, I'm absolutely thrilled at the match rate and speed of my initial scan, particularly considering that it was important to me to stick with the exact filenames I downloaded them with; it seems to me that Posterwall is fully capable of dealing with all the extra info that comes after moviename.movieyear. Nice work, Zidoo!

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Do your "set of unmatchable video files" appear in any site? Maybe try tiny media Manager (TMM) to see if it can match or download some art work. I did this with an obscure video file of "Popular Neurotics" with a very young Jeff Goldblum and Mimi Kennedy.

coyote2 likes this.