Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

This makes no sense, exFat can hold any file size you ever need same as NTFS.
    ExFat is also faster for larger files and cluster sizes, since by design it has less overhead compared to NTFS.

The main feature of NTFS is its robustness, which all journaling based file system share. The other main features would be better ACL and compression support, which is largely irrelevant in our scenario.

Btw there is on mayor aspect everyone seem to ignore here!
    NTFS is robust and stable on Windows and i recommend using it over exFat if possible, yet we are talking about Android (Linux) here.

The NTFS code in linux/Android is not maintained by Microsoft, isn't the Android NTFS driver the one from Paragon Software?
    So no, i actually would prefer exFat over NTFS on Android/Linux for now, since the Paragon NTFS driver is relatively new to Linux/Android.
    Yes its considered stable, but while the exFat driver is also not from Microsoft, just from a sheer software implementation point of view, there is much less to screw-up on writing a exFat driver than a NTFS one.

So on Android/Linux what you actually want is ext3/4, F2FS or ZFS/BTRFS, so a mature Linux kernel native filesystem.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Obviously my concern was for Windows work frame.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do have a remaining HDMI-CEC problem with all models.
    When Powered-ON the Zidoo is dominant on the HDMI-CEC Bus. Every switch to another port will be re-forced back to Zidoo being by powering on another device using HDMI-CEC or doing it manually on the AMP itself. The only bypass is putting the Zidoo in Standby then it finally shuts up. Easy enough but still clumsy and aggregative .
    Happens still with just HDMI-CEC enabled and all individual options disabled.

Added to the list.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ms-upto-fw-v6-4-06-no-feature-requests.84836/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    darkeyes909 likes this.
  4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

But fortunately this behaviour doesn't happen when you have a Vertex2 as passthrough.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Same here. I can also add that Zidoo starts up or wakes up other devices when in standby. It needs to be in power off state by remote in order to be neutral to HDMI bus.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  6. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I have been finding this version is having micro freezes again with SMB video playback.

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I would like to know this as well. It is pretty important when there is missing episode info.... a lot of older shows have a multi-episode setup. Lost, All the Star Trek Series from 90's, Outer Limits, Lots of shows.

Michael Mamone likes this.
  8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I've got the same issue but believe that Trakt behaviour is not so accurate yet. In my case, no one TV show and episodes are listed correctly. Frankly I'm waiting for an app update soon.

Michael Mamone and vddan like this.
  9. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Same here, but not micro, a few major freezes once in a while and then normal operation (freeze, short playback, freeze, playback, freeze, a few times). (Ethernet)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  10. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I hope this freezing issue can be fixed again quickly It's quite annoying when issues that were fixed long ago come back. There was a lot of effort and testing at the time to resolve those SMB freezes. It has been fine for over a year now. It's also one of those issues that really takes you out of the viewing experience and ruins the movie.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not seeing this at all - is this on all content or is there a common denominator?

12. I've observed this on UHD and HD BDMV backups. Not repeatable, but it freezes for about 10 seconds. I found that if it does it, it only does it once during playback.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  13. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I have been getting it on what I would call common format medium bitrate mkv files like the below. Again randomly during a show or movie. Just seems exactly like the old issue, but of course might not be.
    Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : HEVC
    Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Commercial name                          : HDR10
    Format profile                           : Main 10@L5@Main
    Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration                                 : 54 min 17 s
    Bit rate                                 : 13.1 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
    Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth                                : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.066
    Stream size                              : 4.96 GiB (97%)
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    Color range                              : Limited
    Color primaries                          : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
    Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

That's a low bitrate (TV episode I assume?), so should even be ok playing using wifi. Does sound like a network issue though as I only ever had stuttering, stop/resume with high bitrate 4K using wifi.
    Are you definitely on Ethernet with SMB? Is it a NAS server the files located are on? Have you checekd the throughput speed of your network?

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm bound to say that I don't think it's the player - With very few early exceptions, so far every single playback issue we've seen (and we've seen a lot!) have been down to dodgy files or problematic environments (network etc).

The problem here of course is that this seems to have reared its ugly head out of nowhere.

Can you provide a debug log - start the debugger, play a file, as soon as it freezes and resumes, stop the debugger.

Make a note of how long it freezes and at what time.

16. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Okay I will do some trouble shooting when I have some time. I know it's not the network as nothing has changed and I use the network for other devices. I know it's not the files as the series is playing fine when I watch them from my plex devices and this is also happening on other files the above was just an example. Bitrate doesn't matter all of my network wired or wireless is capable of High bitrate. Only thing that changed was I did a factory reset and flashed the update on the Z9x. I guess there is a chance that it didn't flash correctly so I will wipe and flash again as I have had issues before that were fixed that way.

17. Roger Ottosson

Roger Ottosson New Member

im really sorry but what happend to the really nice trailer playback when on a certain show or movie on the media player ??

after 2 or more firmwares they are really bad or not showing atall

18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Has anyone experienced an issue where a disk you know that is defaulted to english is playing the incorrect playlist. from a bdmv folder or iso image.

For examples a star wars film, 1-9. Is there anything in zidoo that can cause this on the player side. 0800 is the default and almost the entire 9 are defaulting to 0803.mpls. This is not something I have experienced in the past. In settings it is set to auto language. or English Does not matter. This is on a Z9X with latest beta firmware 4.06 and it has been factory reset as well. Also Star Wars The Last Jedi in 3D.

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I suggest you to wait and install next firmware which is about to be released!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  20. clubcarbill

clubcarbill New Member

ตอนนี้ใครยังไม่นอนบ้าง? ตัวอย่างหนังของฉันเปิดแล้ว แต่ทำไมยังเล่นไม่ได้ ลองเปิดดูข้างใน

ฉันใช้ Zidoo Z9X Firmware V6.4.05_G PXL_20220625_075423826.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220625_075231997.jpg PXL_20220625_080237172.jpg