Coming Soon to a Zidoo near you...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just a little snippet of things to come...

MP7 has been in development for a while now and with thanks for all the suggestions from the community, a public beta should be ready soon.

The Neo models will also support Tidal Connect - we're just waiting on certification from the Tidal team.

Online trailers will be back - although because of the way online providers are tightening things up protecting their content, there are no guarantees - the devs will do their best to keep up but there's a lot that's beyond our control.

And Plex support - There'll be a third-party Plex app for zidoo released soon. This will be able to playback Plex streams via Native Player and also map each device on Plex to local devices(SMB/NFS) so you can use Plex metadata and use the native player to play the files...

Bill-Z9X, gymnos, Purple and 9 others like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Now we are at interfaces: Trakt, JRiver, Plex. And what about Emby? Tried Emby once and it was working fine both as Server and as Client but it would just not call the Native Player. That made it a no go for me. Jellyfin is also on that list obviously.

damagedspline and FrostByte like this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Wow, what an announcement:)
    Really good news! I hope that Jellyfin is in the pipeline as well as this is open source.

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for the info !!

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

At last some information regarding MP7 - presumably though it'll be launched via beta firmware for the Z9X first, which will mean everyone else will have to wait :rolleyes:

Whoopee Doo - not required if you install UAPP - maybe this is another "rather slanted" marketing ploy to sell these seriously expensive machines?

6. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Wow, very interested in The Plex app - will it have 2 way watched position and resume? Do you have a rough idea of timeline?

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Quite interesting improvements (trailers) and new features (Plex, Tidal... Jellyfin) which make a brilliant reappearance. Waiting for the new fw release!!

8. afss

afss Active Member

sorry for the dumb question, but what is MP7 ?

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Music Player 7

10. afss

afss Active Member

Thanks !

11. emb531

emb531 Member

Plex app sounds awesome!

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Trailers at last

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Question! IF YOU USE THE PLEX APP, will HT mark episodes as watched through Trakt?

14. andy22

andy22 Active Member

If you use a plex client, than the plex trakt plugin will handle things. There should be no interaction between a plex client and server side stuff like watched reporting.
    Thats because thresholds/settings on watched reporting is setup on the server, not the clients. So the clients only report the playback positions to the server and than the server decides what todo.

If they support the internal player from a plex app client, will we also get a open accessible Android API for the internal player? I cant imagine they use the http api for communication from the plex client to the internal player? Thats what i have todo atm and it sucks.

Also you say "third-party" like who is developing this app? Is it a plex dev that will maintain/compile the app or did Zidoo acquire a Plex source license and the Zidoo devs modify the official plex AndroidTV app?
    I guess its the later, since i'm not aware that Plex allows external player usage in any of there official clients so far.

PS: Still working on the last few bug's for the JellyfinTV app, so for my own mental state, i really hope they add a Android player API anyone can use!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  15. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

You do realise that there is no plex trak plugin anymore. They stopped supporting plugins a while ago. Thr only way to do it is very tricky.

16. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Thats because its not needed anymore the official way to scrobble to trakt is via its Webhooks, see here: https://trakt.tv/settings/scrobblers

If you don't want to pay there is this script: https://github.com/Taxel/PlexTraktSync

PS: Yes i know its super greedy to lock trackt scrobbling behind a paywall, similar to HDR->SDR tonemapping, hardware transcoding support.... thats why i use Jellyfin.

17. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I'm wondering if Plex is going to be a plugin to HT or whether it will be a modified Plex app?

Mark mentioned using the Plex metadata which to me suggests HT will grab the Plex metadata. Hopeful it will do 2-way resuming.

18. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The latest firmware Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 v6.4.06 and NEO X/S v6.7.06 has Music Player v7.0.13 included.
    MPv7.0.13.png

gymnos likes this.
  19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Funny: Music Player 6.0 --> v7.0.13

20. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

app title --> app version

I guess the devs have forgotten to update the app title.