Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I don't seem to have that folder.

2. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thanks for the fast reply but there is no folder Wallpaper - Zidoo UHD3000 with latest firmwear

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

It’s located in the Storage folder that is in the hardwired internal 32GB eMMC. Screensavers are also in their own folder etc. Also when you take a screenshot via the red button if it’s been enabled. 40365636-1CF2-44FF-AEB7-CE3A27B196E8.jpeg

4. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Not for me on 6.4.06
    NoWallpaperFolder.png

5. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

screensaver images are in the /zddaydream folder :)

6. Netmask

You could always create a wallpaper folder as distinct from screensavers which are in zddaydreamer folder . I think from memory there are only 3 or 4 wallpaper images.

7. Netmask

Wallpaper folder contents.

Attached Files:

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDMI sync will happen when there is a change of resolution and/or HDR mode and/or refresh rate. How this is handled is dependent on the diaplay and is nothing to do with the Zidoo. Some displays do it quickly, some not so much.

The clue's in the name - Match framerate only will only match the frame rate. Match frame rate and resolution will, well, match the frame rate and the resolution - you should always match frame rate otherwise you'll get stuttering, but it's up to you whether you want either the display or the player to upscale/downscale.

Yes, "Display Mode" is now called "Resolution" - I've edited the original post to avoid confusion.

If you really want to display a native resolution video in a 4K black box (and I can't of a single possible reason why!) this would have to be done at the display - if you set the Zidoo to match resolution, it will do exactly that - it will output the video at the native resolution of the video.

coyote2 likes this.
  9. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

10. Netmask

1GTRBG likes this.
  11. coyote2

coyote2 Member

First, is this 'wallpaper' being discussed the Posterwall background in Posterwall|Settings? There, I just switched from Grey (Default) to Black (which it calls a 'System Setting'). Then there's a Custom button which asks where to look for one. (I guess I could make a new "wallpaper" folder and store them there. And perhaps I will if I get bored of black.) I guess Gray and Black are stored somewhere already, perhaps somewhere not user-accessible.

Edit: I've already gotten bored of black and want to make my own. Will the optimal resolution be 1920 x 1080?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    Netmask likes this.
  12. Netmask

Storage in wallpaper folder, create it if necessary. I would imagine the the basic black and grey are located in the same area as firmware and not easily accessible?

I run like my coffee with basic black as all the others are a bit busy for my eye behind a display of movie folders......

coyote2 likes this.
  13. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I'm having an intermittent issue I don't have with any of the other devices connected to my UHDTV. About once a day I need to un-/re-plug the HDMI cable into the back of the UHD3000 to get the TV to see there's a signal on it's HDMI input. (I think I've tried various TV-side tricks such as powering the TV off, switching the TV to another HDMI port then back to the UHD3000's HDMI port.

Another intermittent issue: despite having the UHD3000's Settings|Other|HDMI CEC off, it turned on my TV. It's the only device I have that does that with it's CEC set to Off. (I hate CEC, so I was happy to solve this by turning the TV's own CEC off just now, I was just surprised that the UHD3000 did this despite it's setting, unlike my other peripherals.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  14. Netmask

I've not had those problems, don't use CEC either. Maybe its the HDMI cable?

coyote2 likes this.
  15. Netmask

Format : JPEG
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 53.6 KiB (100%)

16. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Yes, maybe the cable the UHD3000 came with it bad, I'll try another.

17. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much for helping me understand the need to match frame rate, and the choice of which device upscales. I'm guessing I want the display to do it.
    I wonder if I explained that wrong; I don't care about the color of the box. I just want to know how to not get a video of less than 4K resolution to fill the screen. I've never had a TV that did that. But my last media player (PCH A-500) would output, for example, a 720p video within a 1080p output that it put in a smaller box it chose to be black.

Of course I liked that because upscaling is imperfect. OTOH, my LG C1 OLED's upscaling is a million times better than my ca. 2008 Samsung's, so I'm surprised by how happy I am with how a 720p video looks filling the 2160p screen (which is large and optimally close).

I think I may understand that what I want to do is set the Zidoo to match resolution, I'll give that a shot.

18. Markswift2003

So you want to watch a 720p video like this in a 2160p frame?

temp.jpg

(that's 1280x720 in 3840x2160)

Er - no, it doesn't do that....

coyote2 likes this.
  19. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Right; I'd like to have the option to which I had with the PCH A-500 (I'm quite disappointed that I don't, but I can live with this limitation). Since my TV is at the optimal distance, as a videophile I might have liked to be able to continue to see the picture with optimal clarity.

20. Markswift2003

With most displays at 4K and now moving on to 8K I think there's a point where we need to let go of the idea of displaying at native resolution for SD, HD and FHD - and that point was perhaps 5-10 years or so ago.

I know exactly what you mean though, but the resolution of current displays has made such a concept completely untenable and current upscaling technology, whether in the display or within the SOC of the source means that we just don't need to view such content natively any more - it really is that good!

The only way to achieve what you want is to have a display native to each resolution, such is the scale difference between what's the norm (3840x2160) and the lowest denominator (720x480).

Personally, most of my content is now 4K but I let the Zidoo upscale rather than the display since in my case it does a better job.

Very interesting subject though :)

Letmein, xskip, vddan and 1 other person like this.