Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - LLDV uses 4:2:2 colour sub sampling and at 50~60Hz that requires the full 18GBps (600MHz) HDMI 2 bandwidth so something has to give.

If the target frame rate is 60Hz, to be honest I would have expected it to revert to 4K30 rather than 1080p60, but if the framerate is 59.940Hz then that's not an integer so it would always fall back to 1080p59.

If you set the resolution to 3840x2160P 23Hz then you should find that will output at 4K perfectly - that's how Dolby Vision was designed - to be compatible with HDMI 1.4, it's just the wheels fall off at 4K50~60

2. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

Actually I'm talking about 4K23.97 material. As soon as I'm activating LLDV the device outputs at 1080p. This even happens in the GUI. I set the VS10 engine to all content so the GUI gets displayed in DV and after activating LLDV the highest I can go is 1080p60 in the resolutions section. Trying to activate 4K23 reverts to 1080p60.

Things I tried:

* Connecting directly to the TV with another high-quality cable
    * Activating Deep Colour Compatibility Mode
    * Different priority formats for 4K 23~30 Hz modes

1080p SDR content gets output at 4K YUV 4:2:2 12bit however (the Zidoo does the upscaling) so the TV should be capable. But DV always seems to revert to RGB (That LLDV 1080p DV output is also RGB).

3. Markswift2003

Ok - that's a bit odd - can you send me your EDID with the TV connected directly to the Zidoo (and a second one if you have an amp/soundbar normally in between.)

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

And I can see what's going on.

Thing is, LLDV is generally not output in RGB - it can be under very specific EDID circumstances, but generally RGB would indicate TV Led DV, not LLDV (which makes sense for an older LG) - anyway - send the EDID and I'll see what's what.

4. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

Thanks! I attached the files. The amp is a Denon 6700H and the TV an LG 65E6.

Attached Files:

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

E6 is a 2016 Oled, set zidoo to VS10 "Auto", Does not support LDDV, It is tv ledand not player led, and RGB 8 bit is right on mediainfo. I have the G6p I am assuming this is the 2016 Oled picture on glass from LG. Has 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs and you would need to activate the setting in the tv for enchanced hdmi called "Ultra HD Deep Color under Settings / General all the way at the bottom. Also for less blinking lock to 23 FR and 3840x2160 resolution, Let the zidoo process everything, it is far superior to the SOC in the LG Oled from 2016 on all fronts as far as processing and scaling. Enjoy. I also turn off HDCP 2.2 and btw. Works beautifully on unencrypted media. . One last note , E6 supports DV up to 30Hz but HDR10 at 60Hz. Enjoy the movies! 3D works fine too with these settings

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  6. Markswift2003

Right - as suspected, your TV only supports TV Led Dolby Vision, so you can't do LLDV. The Dolby Block translates as:

DV Version: 1, [long 15-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard DV only
    2160p60: not supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.676, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.266, 0.660
    BLUE Primary: 0.137, 0.047
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 700 / 0.001 nits

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that by the way - most people would chose TV Led over Player Led DV anyway.

Also, that TV, or at least the port you connected to is an HDMI 2 port - it supports up to 600MHz (HDMI 1.4 only supports up to 300MHz).

The weird thing is that line above that says "2160p60: not supported"

I loaded your EDIDs and they behave exactly as you describe in DV - TV Led DV at 1080p only.

So I've changed one byte in the Dolby Block to support 2160p60, so now we get:

DV Version: 1, [long 15-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard DV only
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.676, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.266, 0.660
    BLUE Primary: 0.137, 0.047
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 700 / 0.001 nits

So try loading the amp EDID below and see if the TV will show 2160p Dolby Vision - I can't imagine it wouldn't. I've included the TV EDID adjusted as well.

Attached Files:

7. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

Thanks for all the information so RGB is correct and the TV doesn't support YUV for DV? It's still a beautiful TV with its 3D capabilities but it seems to show its age.

8. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

Thanks, the EDID works fine but it's basically as before - no YUV for standard DV. But that seems to be correct according to nc88keyz.

9. Markswift2003

TV Led DV is 8-bit RGB only (HDMI tunneled) - you can only get YUV with Player Led (LLDV).

10. sid6581

sid6581 New Member

Thanks a lot guys, I guess now I know all the differences between Player-led and TV-led DV :) I also read up about HDMI tunneling and that the signal carries 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 data in an RGB 4:4:4 8-bit transport. Now very happy with the Zidoo 9X.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I was the same way until I stopped to understand it and you right. It holds its own to this day. I was very fortunate to get the 77 G6P with DV and passive 3D. Nothing better for the size and performance ...particularly the 3D from LG 2016 Oleds. Enjoy it till it burns up.

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

It is true that the zidoo to do LLDV with the edids is great ................. my jvc is happy every day :rolleyes:

13. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

How did you find the suggested settings on page 1 of this thread working for you?
    I changed the VS10 settings slightly (for all HDR & DV) on my OLED but a lot will depend on how and what you prefer to watch.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

My viewing includes a lot of varied material.
    I found Auto did not meet my needs and changing the setting (for a Panasonic OLED) to VS10 for all HDR has been perfect for me :)
    It does include processing of DV, HDR10+ etc and leaves SDR unchanged.

15. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Is there a local folder containing the Screensaver images?

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

drive letter:\Storage\zddaydream

coyote2 likes this.
  17. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much, Netmask! I had to know where zd_02.jpg was taken (thanks to google, it's Pietrapertosa in the Italian Dolomites, I haven't yet googled a UHD version). Now I assume I can populate that folder with photos I choose.

18. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Here I'll quote the thread's initial post:
    I selected "Match Framerate Only" and the seconds of blackscreen between videos is still trying my patience. (I'm browsing videos over Samba on an LG C1 OLED.)

My priority is for the actual videos to be displayed at the proper framerate (do I need to match both framerate and resolution to achieve that? I honestly don't know what's being matched to what). (Oh, that reminds me, and at the proper resolution: how do I get videos with resolution less than 4K to display in a black box?)

I'm guessing the menu now calls this Display/Resolution; setting it to this hasn't helped. (Should I enable "Lock Resolution"?)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  19. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Is there a local folder containing the Wallpaper images?

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

your drive letter:\Storage\wallpaper

coyote2 likes this.