Zidoo NEO α (Alpha) Signature Edition / Flagship 2022.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, May 30, 2022.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No being a HW modification for DSD via HDMI they clearly did that via the added Dual HDMI output chip. Still a lot better than no DSD. :D:p

Already updated my original reply and swapped the pictures for the far better new ones. My conclusions remain though.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  2. gymnos

gymnos Member

Thanks for the exclusive images of the device.

I hope Zidoo will fix a price cheaper than Neo X...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello gymnos,

For the price we will see,

I think that the Alpha gathers all the advantages of the previous devices and improves some points, and by experience during these last 6 years I think that Zidoo has always been very interesting for the selling price of their devices

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Interesting but with same chipset RTD 1619DR, limitations will be there. Let's see the price first!!

5. mirak

mirak Member

Thanks for sharing olivierQC :)

6. OlivierQC

Hello all,

My pleasure :)

By the way I want to thank the person who kindly gave me these pictures and that I appreciate very much

And also a big thank you to Mirror

See you soon

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

;)

8. mirak

mirak Member

That's what I'm waiting for too !

9. OlivierQC

Hello,

According to me and the way Zidoo has been doing things for many years

The new flagship of the Zidoo company should be available in June.

In my opinion, its price should be fair as Zidoo always does with all its models and should in my opinion be around the price of the NEO X (but I may be wrong) that it replaces despite the fact that this new model is globally superior to it according to Zidoo

A sleek and elegant look that will easily fit into an audio/video system thanks to its high-quality 430mm diameter chassis and his quiet passive heat dissipation.

NEO α(Alpha) is an all-in-one solution for HiFi player, DSD digital multichannel player

See you soon

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  10. gymnos

gymnos Member

Let´s see...

IMHO Neo X has better PSU, headphone amplifier and analog section, so this Neo Alpha must be cheaper.

11. Nice Monkey

Agreed but it also has 4 GByte RAM, 32 Gbyte Flash, 512 Gbyte SSD and Dual HDMI output including DSD support.
    My educated guess is Neo X is actually more expensive to build but market value is something else.

The looks and size is more a matter of personal taste but I guess it will appeal to (a lot) more customers overall.

Haha claiming it is the first box to do DSD via HDMI? :rolleyes:
    Have a more than 10 year old Pioneer BDP-LX55 which was my first DVD/BD/SACD player used with a HT AMP via HDMI. :D
    Yes it it is the first Android media player I know of to do so but all UHD/SACD disc players do it flawless including using the main port. ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    gymnos and singuser like this.
  12. singuser

singuser New Member

Kodi on Shield has been doing 5.1 MCH DSD and SACD ISO for a while already....so definitely not the first Android media player to do so......

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It about non-disc player.

14. mirror

Not DSD Native,just D2P

15. singuser

singuser New Member

Shield is a non-disk player.

16. mirror

It just do D2P, not DSD Native.

17. singuser

singuser New Member

Correct, but it does this over the main HDMI output- no need for a dedicated HDMI output. And at the risk of being flamed by purists, I would argue there is no difference between DSD native and D2P!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  18. Nice Monkey

Depends on your years and the equipment used to reproduce both. In the early days of SACD it was a debate and highly subjective. But DAC's and AMP's came a long way since then.

With my setup I hear it easily and so do my critical listening visitors. But admitted for quick listening and background music MCH with DSD => PCM does just fine.

19. singuser

singuser New Member

Fair enough. In my set up and with my ears, I cannot make out any difference between native DSD from my Oppo 205 and D2P from Kodi over Shield both played through my Marantz 8805A AVP.

20. THXuk

THXuk New Member

Oh, still no native Tidal connect support, so will have to use roon.

I wonder if Spotify HIFI will be supported - yes it's delayed but is being tested by manufacturers at this time.

I would have loved if they had kept the quick release hard drive swap mechanism used in the z100o Pro and other units, as I change most days, and fiddling with the screws each time is gonna be a pain, but maybe worth putting up with if the price is reasonable.

And I presume getting the usual streaming services like disney, netflix etc will be hit and miss as other units.