Zidoo NEO α (Alpha) Signature Edition / Flagship 2022.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, May 30, 2022.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Zidoo's new flagship

Zidoo, which has the secret of reserving surprises, has just made one with the announcement of the NEO Alpha...

[​IMG]

NEO α (Alpha) Signature Edition is the flagship of ZIDOO in 2022, it converges years of technologies and brings refreshingly ultimate audio visual experiences for enthusiasts

Full Review Zidoo NEO Alpha

Sledgehamma provides a lot of information and you can access what you think is relevant via the video chapter available in the video description

Full Review of the Zidoo NEO Alpha - PART I

------------

Full Review of the Zidoo NEO Alpha - PART II

-----------

Full Review of the Zidoo NEO Alpha - PART III

-----------

Do you know the Zidoo Company ?

it's a company that designs, manufactures and sells multimedia boxes and contrary to other brands of multimedia boxes they develop their own software too...

We all remember their famous Zidoo X9S... in my humble opinion it's with this model that they crushed everything in their path... this product had an unbeatable quality-price ratio and today it's still true with their current models

Today we can say that they have multimedia devices for all budgets and ensuring that the quality-price ratio is optimal for any model.

----------------

Teaser

-----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XMOS 216+ESS9038Pro DAC hardware decoding,DSD512/PCM768KHz 32Bit and MQA.

Dual HDMI audio and video separation output, multi-channel DSD (2.0/5.1CH) playback and DSD Native output.

430 standard dimension, excellent texture with all-aluminum alloy reinforced chassis and shockproof foot pad.

5-inch OLED high-definition touch screen will display general settings, music playback status and touch control.

RTD1619DR SOC with 4K@60Hz, Dolby Vision/HDR10+.

4G DDR4 RAM and 32G eMMC storage;512G SSD for local media storage.

Internal 3.5”/2.5” HDD bay, up to 18T large capacity hard drive (hard drive isn't included).

Dual power supplies, linear power supply and digital power supply.

4K 60Hz, HDR (HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT.2020 wide color range and YCbCr 4:4:4.

Support DSD (SACD ISO, DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, APE lossless audio formats and multi-sampling seamless playback.

High-performance Bluetooth decoding with Qualcomm flagship QCC5125 module, support APTX HD, LDAC audio reception.

6.35 headphone jack, two gain modes switching, the internal headphone amp can drive 16-300 Ω high impedance headphone.

Multi-stage operation amplifier, fully balanced circuit design, XLR balanced and RCA output.

Support asynchronous USB DAC input, monitor-level sound card performance, compatible with Windows, MAC, IOS, Android.

XMOS XU216, MQA full decoding and dual femtosecond active crystal oscillator.

Rigorous circuit design, manufacturing process and selected components.

Based on Linux video decoding and output framework to output image quality with high reproduction.

Support almost all Dolby vision formats and complete processing for stunning image quality.

VS10 engine supports content mapping and colors similar with Dolby vision, the image quality is greatly improved.

Poster wall management system supports automatic intelligent scanning, custom classification and movie info management.

Gigabit wired network and 2.4G+5G dual-band 802.11 AC 2T2R 867Mbps WiFi.

CD-ROM playback and CD Ripping are supported. It can connect with BD (non-encrypted)/CD discs.

New Music Player supports personalized configuration, lyrics matching and track data matching.

Support streaming services AirPlay, DLNA, Spotify and Roon Ready etc.

Support Optical and Coaxial audio input and USB Audio Native, Optical, HDMI digital audio bit-perfect output.

Support multiple network protocols such as NFS, SMB v1/v2/v3,
    UPnP and Web DAV.

SMB sharing allow to transmit local media filesstored in Zidoo hard drive to other devices.

----------------

Unboxing pics

[​IMG]

----------------

What future for the Zidoo NEO X
    [​IMG]
    Will the NEO X disappear once the stock is over ?

The Neo X is discontinued.

Will the NEO Alpha replace the NEO X ?

Yes

In progress....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    gymnos and Nice Monkey like this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Neo A Inside.jpg
    Good to see a thick chassis with top openings is used avoiding the need for a fan that way.

For me it primarily got the optimal mix from UHD3000 and Neo S. The essential DAC design (integrated on a new motherboard here) is better though and closer to the one of Neo X for all its main components. No it for sure is not exceeding the DAC & headphone panel design of Neo X (above all the analog parts) but getting close enough. The result should appeal to a wide public competing very well with similar players from Dune, Zappiti and even Egreat (in China only).
    Neo A motherboard + DAC panel .jpg
    My educated guess the price will end up clearly above Neo S but not reaching the level of Neo X? Ballpark figure € 1600,- just to tease a bit. Being called the new flagship I also guess the Neo X is hence dropped.

MP6 can already read MCH DSD 5.1/2.0 SACD ISO on all current players but it will only play the 2.0 channel via DSD => PCM. The new player will reproduce also the 5.1 channel next to 2.0 both in native DSD via HDMI enabled by a HW solution which is unique in the Android world. It says HDMI Audio/DSD port explicitly so only works on that port it seems.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  3. OlivierQC

Hello Nice Monkey,

Yes, absolutely.
    For me it got the optimal mix from UHD3000 and Neo S

The Neo X is discontinued.

For the price… we will know soon.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    gymnos and Mark Boddy like this.
  4. gymnos

gymnos Member

Zidoo did it again: stunning design and hardware implementation.

Time will tell if the firmware development is at the same level...

5. OlivierQC

Hi gymnos,

Glad to see you here, I'll update my thread on AVSforum too

Yes, let's hope so, but don't forget that they are new in the world of high end devices like the NEO series and I think they will catch up on the software part (MP6/7)

6. Nice Monkey

They need to speed up seriously on the FW for MP7 to match the Neo series HW design quality.

7. OlivierQC

Yes sure, they are working hard on it if my sources are right and on MP6 as well

8. OlivierQC

I did not want to put these photos of FCCid :) because they are not of quality and do not represent the final product if I can say that

9. OlivierQC

yes of course, do you think it's possible to put them in thumbnail format ?

Thanks nice monkey :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  10. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

glad to see the absense of a fan and use of m.2 ssd. curious how warranty will be handled for user ssd upgrade

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There are no seals, just four cross head screws, two each side, and one torx screw at the back.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  12. Nice Monkey

Then the chassis works very different from Neo X as that one is extremely hard to open. :p

13. autocrat

autocrat New Member

Good to see it has a reasonable circuit design.

14. singuser

singuser New Member

Looks like it will be necessary to connect both HDMI outputs if one wants to play MCH 5.1 DSD and see see video i.e. the HDMI Out Main will not playback MCH 5.1 DSD?

15. Nice Monkey

This seems to be indeed the case. It says HDMI Audio/DSD port explicitly. That is a real restriction for the setup choices.

16. singuser

singuser New Member

Hope HDMI Out Main can also playback MCH 5.1 DSD as I am running out of HDMI inputs on my AVP!

17. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

This makes it look like it’s only for the audio HDMI (HDMI DSD port):
    [​IMG]

18. singuser

singuser New Member

Yup, this one is only audio per the description. Question is whether the HDMI Out Main can also playback MCH 5.1 DSD.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - the Neo S was a bit tricky too but the Alpha is a traditional chassis although a lot more solid than most - you even get a little torx screwdriver included in the goody box.

20. OlivierQC

Hello to all,

Some exclusive images of the NEO α (ALPHA) from an unpacking and also the interior of the device that shows once again the quality of Zidoo products, the company has always taken special care to the interior layout of their device.

GIF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon