Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've got movies from the mid 1990's to catch up on and I still regard them as "new"!!!

2. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi Marc,
    I am not sure, what „local“ means. Is that like a direct attached drive. Or is it a local network via nas as well?

I am still having problems, that some of my sources, meaning drives in a nas, are permanently scanned.
    My Setting is automatic scanning of sources on. Devices off. Although I have to admit, that I don’t quiet understand the difference. ;-)

Also, I am having an effect, that at least with one movie, after I do a manual rematch, it goes back to no match, after the automatic scanning.
    But then, the movie still appears in the poster wall, and in the collections, too.
    Is there any solution?
    Mainly I am wondering about the permanent scraping in the background.
    So maybe I should switch it off?

Many thx and greets, Gregor.

3. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

One more info about the scanning problem.
    It will only rescan one hd on my Nas . This hd has a lot of unmatched tv series files.
    I am just too lazy, to match them manually. Could that be the reason, what it is always rescanning?
    There are other drives as well, that are having a few unmatched files. But not as many.
    Again, many thanks for your help. Gregor.

4. Markswift2003

Yes, "Local" means a physically attached local drive - so either internal storage in the Zidoo itself or an attached USB drive.

Your setting of Automatic Scanning Sources On and Devices Off would be correct assuming all content is on a NAS.

Once content is marked as Unmatched, it should remain that way and the fact that content you "rematch" reverts to "Unmatched" is strange.

However, the key to a working database is a clean database so it may be that some corruption has crept in there somewhere.

5. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi Marc, Thanks. So would you recommend, to erase that source and make a new scan?

6. Markswift2003

It kind of depends how much work you want to do - I often reset HT4 (HT4/Settings/Library/"Clear") and rescan everything while testing but I make sure to export NFO and Images first so that when I rescrape I can use local resources and everything comes back as it was before.

So it's up to you, but yes, removing the source and rescraping might help - but I would't include any content that I wasn't going to rematch if matching fails. So anything you don't want to maintain in the library I would move to another folder - you can always access the files through Media Center if you want to.

7. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

I would actually try not to invest too much time. As I am having a second R81/Z9x I will check, what this one is doing.
    I also did an export of all info files. So maybe, when I erase the library of the one, that is making the problems, and then replace it with the other library , provided this would be ok, then everything should be ok, right?

8. Koloss

Koloss Member

My problem is mostly:
    Add a movie do Folder and HT add this in library but i have not the technical informations automatic.
    I must do the procedure with "more" and "update" button per movie manual, but not ever. Sometimers i see the technical informations automatic.

How can HT do this full automatic?

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  9. Antman0505

Antman0505 New Member

I have recently updated my Z9S to Z1000 Pro. I'm connected via Marantz AVR to Sony VPL-VW500ES (Early Sony 4K Projector) with anamorphic lens and cinemascope screen. My projector unfortunately does not vertically stretch the image so I'm stuck with a letterboxed image with any 2.35:1 movie. My old Oppo blu-ray and Apple TV (Infuse) allowed me to vertically stretch the image. The Z9s (FW v2.3.88) gives me a Zoom option to do this strtetch for 2.35:1 content as per the attached image and this works perfectly for my situation. Can anyone tell me how I can do this with the Z1000 Pro or can add this to the feature request list?

Attached Files:

10. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

Not really an HT4.0 feature just wasn't sure if it was worthy of it's own thread, but would love to see the Zidoo player have a "Skip Intros" function similar to Plex.

11. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

What's the purpose of this function ? If it's meant to skip the intro for each episode of a series, you can do that in HT, it's located on the upper right (you can see the icon of a guy running), and you can either skip the opening title, the end credits, or both (by entering a value in seconds). And it will be carried through the whole season.

12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Not going to happen I think. In Plex, it took weeks to process "Skip Intros" for Games Of Thrones 4K. HD shows took hours to complete. Zidoo was not designed to be a server so it won't be running all the time.

13. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

First of all…I had no idea about this function so I will check it out! Thanks for that!

By your description, though, it sounds like it just skips the beginning and end by a set amount of time? Most shows have an ambiguous opening, followed by the intro. The idea would be to allow the show to start normally, then recognize the actual opening credits and skip them.
    If the current option allows for that, forgive my ignorance. Not near my machine to test atm.

14. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

I didn’t realize it was such a resource intensive endeavour. If so, totally not a deal breaker. I love my Z9X! Just a “nice to have”, that’s all.

15. The point is that Plex can automagically scan and detect intros in your shows and will allow you to press a button to immediately skip said intros. The Zidoo functionality is manual.

Anyway, I dont think its something the Zidoo team will ever be able to do as Plex is media server and is always running + on most systems has the resources to do such intensive scanning on files while still being able to function as a media player and server for other users.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a nay sayer on this one. I like to see the intro with the recap from the previous episode as I've probably forgotten during the week, like when I walk into the kitchen purposefully and then think "why the hell did I walk in here!! But it's an option for some...

thecodingart likes this.
  17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah, most of the users when they see episodes weekly appreciate the intro. But the option to skip it as Netflix would be fine.

18. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

It’s not that bit that gets skipped. Just the opening credits, which usually comes after the prologue. This is why the current function of skipping a certain amount of time at the beginning is not quite what I’m asking for.
    That said, if it’s too difficult I can certainly struggle through! Haha

19. Koloss

Koloss Member

Additional, when i can do this manually in the Zidoo APP it would be also a solution for me. But now i can not find this feature with button „more“ and „update“ in the APP on the IPad.

20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I was just thinking about this today. Now that I have gotten trailers automated for every addition I wants scripts and prerolls. Technically you could integrate this with digital signage mode but the play OSD kills it for the seemless effect. All one would need to do it write a docker script that would download your "in cinema" or "now on digital" trailers into a folder and have random play. Bumpers would be nice too that corresponded to the audio codec and of course lighting control as well. it could be beautiful. once scripting is implemented zidoo could be a game changer for home cinema.

If baby steps preroll folders, bumper folders, and trivia ( like Cinema Vision) addon for kodi.