Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. jra85

jra85 New Member

Adding another issue that I had been in touch with @Markswift2003 about on the AVS Forum, as well as previously submitted a Zidoo help ticket for, regarding 720x480i (4:3) non-anamorphic content. Videos in this format are displayed in the wrong aspect ratio on the Z9X, and are slightly stretched horizontally. You have to manually set the Aspect Ratio for the clip to "4:3" for it to display correctly.

There had been a similar problem where 16:9 1440x1080i and 720x480i anamorphic content would display as 4:3, but this was corrected in firmware 6.3.75 with the new "Screen Fit (DAR)" aspect ratio option. Unfortunately, this setting does not fix the aforementioned non-anamorphic issue.

A sample clip that exhibits the problem is available here (copy and paste link): drive.google.com/file/d/1CFl-InI8CBEp7Wescsyd_ZFl3HvlseKd/view?usp=sharing

2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Maybe setting default Aspect Ratio to "Original" would help.

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

FYI: I was holding out hope for a timely fix for online trailers, but finally just bit the bullet and spent a couple weeks downloading and adding my own trailers to all my movies. It was a big project, but now that it is over, I am glad that I have high quality and perfectly working trailers now! And now, it is just part of my normal routine after ripping my new movie, I go the hd-trailers.net or youtube and add 2 or 3 of the best trailers for the movie... and I am all set.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Worth the work!

I generally just use one theatrical trailer as I'd expect to see in the cinema - as I just posted on a another thread, I also sometimes trim the start or end to get rid of any rubbish like a game tie advert in or bluray release splash screen etc.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@mirror
    23. UHD3000/Neo X play 2.0 PCM 96/24 or DD True HD in slowspeed via DAC when a e.g. a Music BD is played.

Confirmed solved with FW v6.3.96 (actually tested using my Neo X). List updated accordingly.
    All green will be removed with a general FW available for all models including these changes.

6. jra85

jra85 New Member

Unfortunately, "Original" also shrinks the image since that setting also appears to display it in the original resolution (and even then, the aspect ratio still looks slightly off).

I tried all of the Aspect Ratio settings, and the only one that displays it properly is "4:3". Obviously setting that as the Default doesn't work since I have plenty of 16:9 content too, and switching back and forth per video isn't an ideal solution.

Attached Files:

7. Nice Monkey

But the coin side is there aren't that many of those (anymore). Replaced (almost) all my DVD movies with BD re-masters. For old series that may be very different though. Can't tell myself.

8. jra85

jra85 New Member

True, however the majority of my content in that format come from old VHS home videos that were converted to digital many years ago. Unfortunately, I can't get BD remasters of those :D

In reading about 720x480, in reality it's a 3:2 aspect ratio and not 4:3, but on playback the pixel aspect ratio (PAR) and display aspect ratio (DAR) information of the video must be used to display it as 4:3: forum.videohelp.com/threads/312656-Can-someone-EXPLAIN-the-whole-720x480-thing-to-me#post1932391

I would think it should be relatively simple to fix, especially since Zidoo quickly implemented a fix for the issue I was experiencing a few months back with squashed 16:9 1440x1080p anamorphic content with the new "Screen Fit (DAR)" option. It seems like the same problem, just a different resolution/aspect ratio. I'm surprised more users aren't complaining about it since it is DVD resolution.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  9. Nice Monkey

29. The Zidoo Controller APP shows a folder partially only if having more that 500 songs/titles
    Using the Front Panel or The TV with a remote this limit has been removed with FW 6.3.60 I think. Run into this playing some Top 2000 collections. This is very inconvenient as I normally use the APP for controlling MP6. The last APP update made this problem even more restrictive to o500 but at least it still shows those (was up to 1500 and empty above).

Updated for: Zidoo Controller v1.9.91.apk

10. Nice Monkey

Updated for FW 6.4.05 with specific attention to MP displaying folder.jpg when present. Added #32 as it is a clear flaw not a request/suggestion. I am not sure it has been always there?

Item #31 was updated after extensive testing:
    31. "Folder.jpg" with Music Player may not be shown using Media Center for album selection.
    Tag embedded covers overrule using the provided folder.jpg. Embedded covers are NOT displayed when being too big for MP6 specifically. No idea what the limit is but these are played by all other players and come from public databases. Size is not a problem for folder.jpg files. After reducing the embedded cover it shows up.
    Once the album has been scanned using MP library it will show up always even when selecting the album using Media Center next. Marked red for the surprising unpredictability/complexity here.

32. Music Player oddly filters numbers in filenames!
    Music Player filters numbers in all folder names:
    "9 to 5 - Dolly Parton" becomes" to - Dolly Parton" beyond any recognition obviously.
    This is a very strange undesirable behavior and should be solved asap.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  11. Nice Monkey

Updated for the general all model release FW 6.4.06. In fact this comes with the removal of various fixed items. The list as a result is getting short which is good news. :cool:

Item #32 added yesterday was solved almost instantaneously and moved to green accordingly. :D

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  12. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

sounds like there is time to fix the trailers in ht4 then :)
    zdmc has no issues with trailers.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Explained by somebody. Something with an API included with KODI/ZDMC?

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  14. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

so, since it's not a listed issue, does that equate to it not working again ?? in ht4

15. Nice Monkey

For me HT4 is a nice to have function with so many detailed features that in fact don't bother to include specific problems on my list.
    Try to focus on core functionality included in the player specifications and sales pages.

16. Nice Monkey

I do agree with you this is not getting the attention it for sure deserves.
    Marked the problem red on this list accordingly. The port is simply dropped on all new Neo models.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

You can add those:
    1) incorrect/bad handling of default/forced flags
    see: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...election-to-work-for-anime.93703/#post-173891

2) HDR10+ pass-through not working, meta data gets ignored
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/vs10-not-using-hdr10-metadata.93697/#post-173642

3) Certain files, result in a reproducible "bad" state after playing the file, resulting in all kinds of black screen issues until you reboot.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-neo-s-neo-x-release.93680/page-6#post-173655

18. Nice Monkey

19. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I have uploaded 3 flagged files on gdrive, all you need to-do is set Zidoo audio/sub settings to "Auto" and play the files. You would expect to always get the japan audio track with english subtitles, yet none of those work. Zidoo is not using default/forced/disabled flags for audio tracks and only under certain conditions uses forced for subtitles. This prevents users from using those flags as intended by the mkv spec and in comparison most PC players get this right.

No its not, as verified you are getting the HDR10 base not actual HDR10+, this is a mayor defect since Zidoo actually advertises HDR10+ playback. This has to work in passthrough and VS10 mode, you also would not expect that Zidoo just ignores/removes the dynamic metadata RPU out of a dolby vision file. In both cases you get the wrong picture, without this data.
    Again there is a link to a testfile in the post, all you have to-do is play this file and check if the scene changes as expected.

Again, there is a testfile that i did provide, all you need to-do is play this file and than some other random files. This was also done by Markswift and it is reproducible.

PS: BTW Markswift did verify the last two issues.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR10+ issue has been reported - I'd hope this is an easy fix in the next firmware since it's so fundamental.

The file issue is just that, a file issue. It's not something I've seen in real world content - I've seen a lot of problem files with issues stemming from bad codec IDs, non standard Profiles and/or non standard Levels or just badly encoded files - and if I had a Pound, a Dollar or a Euro for every post I've seen where some someone says "but it plays on my PC!" I'd be a very happy cookie!