About TV shows scraping, please provide your directory tree[29 July updated]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jun 22, 2021.

1. I assume those NFO files are create through TMM rather than radarr/sonarr but could you still post an example?

2. Sonarr/Radarr actually creates them first and TMM fills in missing info.

Here's an example tvshow.nfo for "The Dropout"
    Code:
    <tvshow>
      <title>The Dropout</title>
      <plot>The story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, an unbelievable tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong. How did the worldΓÇÖs youngest self-made female billionaire lose it all in the blink of an eye?</plot>
      <mpaa />
      <id>363024</id>
      <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">363024</uniqueid>
      <uniqueid type="imdb">tt10166622</uniqueid>
      <genre>Drama</genre>
      <genre>Mini-Series</genre>
      <premiered>2022-03-03</premiered>
      <studio>Hulu</studio>
      <actor>
        <name>Amanda Seyfried</name>
        <role>Elizabeth Holmes</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Naveen Andrews</name>
        <role>Sunny Balwani</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>William H. Macy</name>
        <role>Richard Fuisz</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Elizabeth Marvel</name>
        <role>Noel</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Laurie Metcalf</name>
        <role>Phyllis Gardner</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Utkarsh Ambudkar</name>
        <role>Rakesh Madhava</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Kate Burton</name>
        <role>Rochelle Gibbons</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Stephen Fry</name>
        <role>Ian Gibbons</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Michel Gill</name>
        <role>Chris Holmes</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Dylan Minnette</name>
        <role>Tyler Shultz</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Sam Waterston</name>
        <role>George Shultz</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Anne Archer</name>
        <role>Charlotte Shultz</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Michaela Watkins</name>
        <role>Linda Tanner</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Kurtwood Smith</name>
        <role>David Boies</role>
      </actor>
      <actor>
        <name>Alan Ruck</name>
        <role>Jay Rosan</role>
      </actor>
    </tvshow>
    https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=363024

3. Thank you. I have activated the NFO generation and re-scanned my tv library with nfo parsing enabled but it's not working correctly. I do get the right series matched to the right metadata and the individual episodes as well but for some reason not all seasons get put in the same HT entry for some shows.

For example, for the show The Fall (https://thetvdb.com/series/the-fall) the files on my storage look like this:

Code:
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\tvshow.nfo"

"Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 1\The Fall.S01E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-HDWinG].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 1\The Fall.S01E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-HDWinG].nfo"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 1\The Fall.S01E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-HDWinG].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 1\The Fall.S01E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-HDWinG].nfo"

"Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].nfo"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].en.srt"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].nfo"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 2\The Fall.S02E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-shortbrehd].en.srt"

"Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].en.srt"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E01.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].nfo"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].en.srt"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].mkv"
    "Z:\media\tv\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107}\Fall, The (2013) {tvdb-258107} Season 3\The Fall.S03E02.[Bluray-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][-SHORTBREHD].nfo"
    In my HT 4.0 app on the Z9X I have two entries for "The Fall":

The Fall Season 1
    The Fall

The HT entry for "The Fall Season 1" contains all the episodes for season 1, matched correctly, the entry for "The Fall" contains all the episodes of Season 2 and Season 3, also matched correctly. This happens for some shows but not others with no real rhyme or reason and is really annoying. I think this could be solved relatively simply by allowing any matched show to only have one entry in HT 4.0 so when it matches a show to a tvdb id, all it's season are displayed in that entry. Would really hope
    could shed some light on this.

4. Im willing to bet it has something to do with how you name your files. Your file naming format would be supported 100% in Kodi and Plex...but it is not in HT. I know this because I used to have my files named in a similar way and after getting some very negative feedback from another user about it and getting radio silence from the admins at Zidoo, I relented and changed my file formatting just so their program could have an easier time with my stuff.

Here is my latest attempt at bringing it to their attention: Feature requests for HT4.0

All they need to do is add support for the Plex naming convention: https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-tv-show-files/, more specifically the "optional information" features. Zidoo has this very rigid naming convention they want you to use, otherwise the program is going to have problems. I personally think it lame that they wouldnt just adopt a widely used standard that already works. Plex, Kodi, Emby, etc can understand the naming format you use just fine.

That's just my two cents.

5. I hear ya, it's not my first time posting about this issue either but I figured I'd give it another shot, don't expect anything to happen tho which is a shame, I'm pretty happy with my Z9X outside of this specific issue.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Something I've mentioned\requested before is to add ability for HT to be able to parse multiple episode TV blurays. For example a season of a show may be over 3 disks and have say four episodes per disk. HT cannot deal with this. Other scrapers I have used would be able to parse - for example

TV_Series_Name.S01E01S01E02S01E03S01E04.iso

and display the details for each episode

The best you can do with the Zidoo is to manually force HT to show info for one episode on the disk.

Onwrathz likes this.
  7. I would LOVE this.

badboyxx likes this.
  8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Clearlogo can be added manually. However, it needs to be present for every season if you are using season folders.

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will add French support for TVDB.

MsieurSeb, Etienne, thivame and 2 others like this.
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Thanks for that. :)

11. zakforsman

zakforsman New Member

So how does everyone deal with bonus content that comes with their TV shows? For example, I have the Chernobyl mini-series and to include the behind the scenes featurettes, it seems I'm forced to assign them episode numbers for them to share a listing with the actual episodes. Am I missing something that would allow me to attach the bonus content to the profile without treating them like episodes?

12. Sledgehamma

13. Sledgehamma

No worries mate! You were just helping :)
    Haven’t you had answered (even correct English?) I wouldn’t have seen it.

14. Nosirrahdrof

Nosirrahdrof New Member

Is there a way to match individual episodes? I have a few episodes that are inside of seasons and are unmatched.

15. Henkvdr

Henkvdr New Member

I have a serie called American Gigolo S01
    When i scrape the directory of Series the serie puts in the Film map as the MOVIE American Gigolo ??
    What can i do ??

Thanks for your help

16. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Such an important function is a must have. Otherwise you will have no order.

17. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

What should the NFOs for NFO Parsing look like? Star Trek Lower Decks constantly gets matched as wrong show. I have NFO parsing set to Priority. Am using TVDB for shows. Am on .35 beta on Z9X

TV
    - Star Trek Lower Decks
    - - tvshow.nfo
    - - Season 1
    - - Season 2
    - - Season 3
    - - - Star Trek Lower Decks - S03E05.mkv
    - - - Star Trek Lower Decks - S03E05.nfo

Attached Files:

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I think for the TV series you will have to name the eps American Gigolo (2022) according to TVDB web site https://thetvdb.com/series/american-gigolo whereas the Movie would be called
    American Gigolo (1980)

19. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I'd like to make an observation about how matching is occurring. The process doesn't handle the non-alphanumeric characters well.

: and - are common in names, and I'm not talking about tools or people purposefully inserting these to differentiate types of media, episodes, I mean these are in the name. Like "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power"

It seems when it encounters them it ignores everything after these characters in the string. A better mechanism would be to search based on the entire name string, and if a match cannot be found to then parse the string, remove any non-alpha-numeric, and then search and match again, only the second match is not an exact match but a % match?

Finally, I have a couple questions about matching.

1) Does HT4 use the folder name of where a movie/episode is located to help identify the file, or does it only look at the file? Seems like other scrappers use the folder name to confidently identify the media.

2) Will HT4 use the TMDB or TVDB IDs to confidently identify the media? Will the HT4 scrape mechanism use the those IDs to perform the exact match, and bypass the rest of the "inteligent" search? If so, it would be easy to change the folder names of movies and TV shows to include those IDs for much better matching.

20. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Has there been any updates on this, or is there a suitable work around for using .iso or Blu-ray folders for TV series and how to name them appropriately. The issue of which disks have which episodes, I don't see a way of selecting more than one episode in the scraping per folder/iso. How are people labeling this for parsing, or are you guys just avoiding TV series via .iso or Dvd/Blu-ray folder structure? One option is just to choose the first episode on each disk for scraping, but then you have gaps in the numbering, but that seems tedious and tacky. I am mainly trying to get all my region coded blu-rays onto Zidoo to not deal with region free Blu-ray player.

I really like Blenky's idea of "TV_Series_Name.S01E01S01E02S01E03S01E4.iso" or the same naming convention for the folder, or similar.

Any info on this is appreciated.

Thank you

Also, for @thivame, I think you can go into TMM and designate the exact naming convention you want. I haven't fiddled with TMM much for TV scraping, more so Movie, but you should be able to adjust the naming so it doesn't put it in Season folders, and instead name the files something like S01E01, or whatever you want. Next time I am in TMM, I will confirm that. If memory serves, to adjust for Seasons, You just use slash / or \ can't recall which which would designate a new folder, or take that away to avoid a folder level. I may be getting this confused with other naming software, but give that a look. Plus, there is individual naming conventions for Movies, TV shows and Movie Series, I think. Good luck.

You probably have something like this in the "renaming" settings under TV series:

{$TitleNr}/{$SeasonNr}/{$EpisodeNr}, you want to remove the middle one, to look more like this:

{$TitleNr - {$Year}}/{$SeasonNr2}-{$EpisodeNr2} or whatever else you want in there. At the bottom of the Renaming section there give a bunch of examples, and it lets you try the code and see what it does to the exact episode you select. The above is from memory, so don't just plop what I put above into TMM, cause I am probably misremembering the exact code wording, but that is basics of it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    blenky likes this.