Beta version v2.1.45 for X8/X9S/X10 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by mirror, Apr 8, 2022.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Poster Wall
    1. Fixed the crash problem when fast clicking "reset custom layout" .
    2. Fixed the problem that movies marked as watched hasn't been restart from the beginning when playing again.
    3. Optimized the focus of the movie details video list.
    4. Optimized some language translations.
    5. Filtered the German word "saison" for TV series.
    6. Fixed the problem that the videos do not play immediately after clicking to play.
    7. Removed two words that has been filtered when scanning.
    8. Fixed the error when exporting collection picture.
    9. Fixed the problem that the soundtrack cannot be turned off in the classic list mode.
    10. Fixed the problem that Home Theater scanning crashes when pressing HOME key to exit.
    11. Fixed the problem that the English letters on the classification and sorting interface are not displayed completely.
    12. Fixed the problem that folder filtering does not take effect when scanning.
    13. Add the editing functions for "All" and "Source" widgets in the main interface
    14. Added boring mode.
    15. Optimized collection function
    16. Added separate scanning function for movies and TV series
    17. Added languages translation
    18. Fixed the failure problem when exporting collection images
    19. Optimized ocassional crash issue when there are too many movies
    20. Optimized scanning stability
    21. Optimized tmdb episodes matching function.
    22. Optimized TV series name display in the newly created collection.
    23. Added year display reminder to the collection list.
    24. Optimize watch history function
    25. Added custom keywords for 'ignore keywords while sorting by name'
    26. Added custom keywords for 'ignore folders and files while scraping '
    27. Added the year display switch on the collection interface.
    28. Added the function of sliding out the details at the poster overspread interface
    Poster Wall
    29. Added the device renaming function in the widget.
    30. Optimized bookmark function.
    31. Added local clearlogo picture function.
    32. Optimized the collection export function.
    33. Added manual refresh function on video details interface.
    34. Optimized the display logic of watched movies.
    35. Optimized the acquisition of video resolution tag.
    36. Optimized the character information display function.
    37. Fixed the occasional crash problem when scanning.
    38. Added manual sorting function when entering the collection through the search interface.
    39. Optimized application stability.
    40.Optimized the default poster loading image on Poster Wall.
    41. Added clearlogo on/off switch.
    42. Added the support for sound track (movie name-soundtrack.mp3, movie name-soundtrack.wav, movie name-soundtrack.flac)
    43. Optimized the display of detailed interface.
    44. Optimized loading of poster images.
    45. Fixed occasional crash problem when loading local pictures.
    46. Fixed the problem that Douban character information can't be obtained occasionally.
    47.Fixed the issue that posters cannot be obtained in Zidoo Contoller mobile app occasionally.
    48. Fixed the problem that FHD corner label cannot be displayed
    49. Optimized the duration information display of TV show.
    50. Optimized the NFO export function.

File Manager
    1. Optimized SMB mount.
    2. Optimized the interface display.
    3. Fixed scanning abnormalities problem after UPNP rescans for several times.
    4. Optimized NFS and SMB scanning
    5.Fixed the problem that some users meet unknown error when opening NFS.
    6. Optimized interface partially.
    7. Added manual network path for adding device in SMB.
    8. Fixed the problem that no data is displayed when UPNP enters the list.
    9. Added the function of list circulation when selecting devices.
    10. Optimized UPNP playback function.
    11. Optimized the UPNP list function and the list is gotten by page.
    12. Optimized the file sorting function

Image Player
    1. Increase network picture display
    2. Add UPNP picture slideshow
    3. Fix the problem that the system music does not stop when slideshow
    4.Added global folder name exclusion
    5.Added slide pause function by pressing OK
    6. Added the switch to scan hidden files
    7.Optimized display UI
    8. Added the function of pressing the information button to display picture information
    9. Added the function of page turning button
    10.ptimized the freezing problem when there are too many pictures.
    11. Optimized the problem of deleting pictures abnormally.
    12. Optimized loading errors for some images
    13. Fixed the problem that some non-image files are scanned
    14. Optimized scanning stability

Video Player
    1. Optimized some shortcut key.
    2. Optimized the fast forward function of the remote control.
    3. Added subtitle setting function to the subtitle list.
    4. Optimized playback stability
    5. Added the function to display movie info by pressing Left and Right keys for the first time.
    6. Optimize playback stability.
    7. Fixed the problem that some default subtitle language does not take effect.
    8. Optimized interface partially.
    9. Optimized the subtitle download function.
    10. Clearlogo display associated the loading Title switch
    11. Optimized ClearLogo display.
    12. Fixed the problem of wrong order playback
    13. Optimized the display of information user interface.

ZIDOO_X9S
    v2.1.45
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.45/ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.45-202204080844-ota.zip
    MD5: 8B9301798A9074998A85FD1E986A20FB

ZIDOO_X8
    v2.1.45
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X8/v2.1.45/ZIDOO_X8-v2.1.45-202204181635-ota.zip
    MD5: 9288D8677C3AA2EEB219A719501BCF46

X10
    v2.1.45
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X10/v2.1.45/X10-v2.1.45-202204181405-ota.zip
    MD5: 00F465E540F8CACC6131ADF01E6593ED

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Well this is surprising AF !

Bless You Zidoo Engineers

Confirming mediainfo scanning is functional the same as a z9s and z9x now. player supports clearlogo on start as well.

I am impressed!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    3DBuff likes this.
  3. Tolimas

Tolimas New Member Beta test group

Please, release for zidoo x8 as well!
    Thanks in advance!

4. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

That might be pushing the limitations of that box, but I will cross my fingers for you.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes, X9S is still a good player! I hope that video player is good no DTS dropouts or stutter on some webrips and HT can read video info now :)
    Thanks @mirror
    X9S was due for an update for a long time.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like that a lot :)

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Gotta admire the optimism!

It's nice to know people are still using these old players. I still use an old Mede8er - I certainly don't expect, or indeed need, any firmware updates, but it's still a great player!

8. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

Thank You

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had a quick look at this version. Media info finally works on X9S :) Too bad it is not showing number of discrete channels in audio stream on movie page (in badges).

Trailers are still not working for me on my old X9S.
    I was hoping for custom EDID option like in Z9X.

Overall, good update. Highest HT version 4.1.88.
    I'll report player anomalies if I see any issues.

10. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I miss the 5.1 7.1 badge as well , but we can't have it all. We used to have that but not anymore...sounds like my trips to the grocery store. Yes, media info works well.

11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Warning: I was using a mcbluna posterwall apk the last that supported tags, and when i flashed firmware on an x9s, it kept it and did not load the new posterwall version with mediainfo. What i had to do was uninstall app, and factory reset, then flash firmware again. All was good. It was rooted as well, which i find not nessecary anymore for the x9s at this point with official firmware support bandaid. So it is not rooted this time. I just found it odd it did not overright with the x.88 version. I didnt even notice until i saw media info was not showing up as a toggle. This was the 2nd box i did the update on. (X9S) First one was rooted but didnt have the mcbluna version installed.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I was also using HT from @McBluna site moded and ported from Z9X. I think my last moded version was 4.1.82 since we had no updates from Zidoo for the old player X9S. I had the player rooted just so I could modify USB and SD write permissions within HT app. My next HT update was 4.1.86 from McBluna site extracted from Z9S firmware update. No issues whatsoever. I manually removed McBluna signed version of HT 4.1.82 and installed back Zidoo original HT 4.1.86 fully compatible from Z9S firmware.

Today I went through complete firmware update on my X9S using "Beta version v2.1.45 for X9S" from the top of this post. No issues of any kind. My HT got upgraded to 4.1.88 and all my installed apps are still in the player and fully functioning including database of all movies.

It's probably not a good idea to keep 2 versions of HT side by side in one player. McBluna version of HT can be easily removed before installing Zidoo version. No rooting is required on X9S. From @nc88keyz post up above looks like Zidoo original version of HT cannot be installed over McBluna moded HT version. This has to be manually removed beforehand.

13. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

likely so, at also mcbluna was crashing badly. I was using the last version with tag support. before 4.1.xx i think it is. I did not remove it . i did after the flash, and then did a factory clear of app cache and factory reset, when it came back up the zidoo .88 version was there and good. For good measure i flashed again and things were great. The x9s does not require root and was already in the dev mode to remote interface with scrcpy dev utility for remote administration support.

All is good now. Like i said I detailed 2 different x9s experiences one was easy as 123, and the other took a couple resets and a reflash for good measure.

considering how long some of these boxes have been around and the mods, fixes and patches to them over the years, it probably did not hurt to factory reset as well.

One thing to understand is mediainfo takes a lot longer to scan on the front end , so if you look at your sources and have a lot of media 800-1200 titles, it certainly can take longer than you are used to with the legacy tagged supported versions of HT versions. Just something to think about. I thought HT was locked up a few times since it was sitting at 0 of 270 some scanned . ...its pulling in all that metadata with mediainfo on on an x9s...its not a pretty waiting period. Let it do its thing and try not to navigate all over the place while doing so. Be easy on her. She has had a hard life !

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s true HT takes a lot longer now to scan the sources. Not quite sure if this is much faster on Z9X. It’s all related to overhead programming to recognize more movies and TV shows that everybody is complaining about since the beginning of HT.

15. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

You are correct, I went from about 54 mismatches out of maybe 800 some to about 7. I do think the x9s struggles with the scanning. Did not notice the same struggle on a z9x / z1000 pro. The initial scan....not expected scanning as more entries are made to the HT library database. This is an acceptable result.

16. Tolimas

Tolimas New Member Beta test group

X8 is as old as the X9S :) Both are on the same processor RTD1295. It would be a nice gesture to have a firmware and for zidoo x8 after X9S :)

17. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

The storage is 8GB vs 16GB if not mistaken, Ram is either half or same. Cannot remember. They sold so few of the X8 in comparision to the X9S. Not saying it wont happen, just probably not on the priority list right now. I feel eventually the entire RT1295 line might get it. Crossing my fingers for you.

18. droiter

droiter Member

Hi, the firmware is compatible for X10 ?

19. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

It's great that Zidoo supports the older devices with new firmware. But unfortunately I am disappointed. Chapters are no longer recognized in mkv videos, the video keeps jumping to the beginning. This is beyond annoying, and didn't exist before. Furthermore, years ago I described 2 problems that are still not solved. In the Media Center, music files are still not played in the correct order, but randomly, and the time is still displayed at "00:00:00" during video playback if this is selected in the settings. I'm going back to FW 2.1.28. If a firmware update, then also properly. :(

20. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Great work still support for my 'old' X10. Thank you.