Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That's why i did not react to your previous post, i thought you would find out yourself ;)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Item-22 on aggregated list: No play with no error when trying to play SACD MCH only DSF/DFF/ISO track or album.
    Solved and now marked green.

Item-26 on aggregated list: Single track album WAV with a CUE sheet included will result in gaps between tracks being created.

Not solved but at least the gaps now occur at the start of the individual tracks. The red marking hence is removed.

Item-30 on aggregated list: HDMI-CEC testing with a TV+AMP setup:

- YES the player now auto switches the AMP HDMI port selected to the player designated port during power-on.
    - Setting synchronizing power-on for TV with Player or Player with TV will also power-off those synchronized. Obviously not something everybody will like. These should be 2 different options.
    - No options for power synchronizing with an AMP
    Yes the Volume Control option now changes the volume on my AMP
    Removed my HDMI-CEC blocker as it seems not to jeopardize my setup as a whole anymore?
    The synchronized power control should for maximum flexibility be expanded to 8 options instead of having just 2 now.
    The AMP volume control problem reported is regarded and marked accordingly as solved.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  3. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

The problem with the local trailers has not been resolved...if a locally saved trailer has a higher resolution than 720x576, it plays for a maximum of 10s and then stops. If the trailer has a resolution of 720x576 or smaller, everything works.

4. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

The problem with the Online trailers has not been resolved either.
    Waiting more than half a minute to start. play 30 seconds, buffer, 30 seconds, buffer and so on.

Has been reported for 5 or 6 months now, Zidoo does not seem to care.

vddan likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

26. Single track album WAV/PCM with a CUE sheet included will result in gaps between tracks being created.
    Solved with FW6.3.92. This happens processing that CUE sheet as a side-effect. Removing/renaming the CUE sheet results in normal playback but obviously missing the playlist processing then.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's no such issue with local trailers. Most of mine are 1920x1080.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've been asking about this and unfortunately it's a problem with YouTube which so far the devs have been unable to solve.

I've suggested that online trailer functionality be temporarily removed until they can fix it.

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Please don't remove that function (even temporarily), there will only be an unusable button.

And it can give the devs the (not unthinkable) possibility to change the temporarily to indefinite.

And as @X-hedgehog stated below, the problems were introduced since v6.3.20, so why not go back with online trailers to the fw just before 6.3.20 ????

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  9. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

Before firmware 6.2.0, there were no problems with streaming services.
    Why is this problem not listed here and is it planned to be solved?

TifKag likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

This is my personal post and list nothing official. Just to keep track of (very) long-lasting restrictions/problems.

There have been always restrictions for streaming services but specifically Netflix worked in UHD/HD for a short time with Zidoo. This was achieved by reporting back to be another brand/product (spoofing the real identity).
    Not a bug in my view but the streaming providers choose to enforce these HD-Video/HD-Audio restrictions on purpose for most brand media players. For the how and why I suggest you to contact them directly.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  11. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

I'm sorry, I didn't understand the purpose of this topic correctly (I thought all known problems were going to be collected here)

12. Nice Monkey

You are welcome. ;)
    I hope its purpose is documented well enough in #1

Nice to mark some green again. :)

13. Nice Monkey

With the release of FW v6.6.96 for Neo X and Neo S models all players got the ROON Ready status.
    Marked green now accordingly.

14. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

And could you open a similar topic for the Russian language. Many untranslated or incorrectly translated sections and menus.

15. Nice Monkey

For me GUI/Menu language problems are an inconvenience apparently not important enough for Zidoo to deal with adequately.
    Does not belong to this overview anyway as it is a moving target and will be never 100% correct for all languages for everybody's taste and feel.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

UHD3000/Neo X play 2.0 PCM 96/24 or DD True HD in slowspeed via DAC when a e.g. a Music BD is played.

Solved it in v6.6.96

17. Nice Monkey

Confirmed! List updated accordingly.
    This was a very curious one for me. The same with 2 channels being added to the first DTS HD Audio track info. Not a real problem but yes annoying.
    Good to see things on the list being fixed.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It's important for those non English speaking and Zidoo got a lot of potential customers. Sooner or later they have to pay attention on this market share.

19. Nice Monkey

Don't doubt it for a minute I 100% agree with you. ;)