EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There is - set HDR to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For HDR, DV content)"

This will only apply VS10 to HDR and DV content and if you're using an LLDV EDID then this of course will output LLDV in those instances.

2. ZIDOO2020

ZIDOO2020 New Member

Hi, I have z9x and LG 4k HDR (non-DV) TV. Has tried all the customised EDID and HDR options.

I have the following questions to ask.

1. Why all the BT2020 EDIDs have no "Dolby Vision VS10 (for all contents)" option but Full+HDR10+ (supposed no DV) and LG C9(no DV) got this option?
    2. Why when i select these 2 no DV options i have both HDR and DV VS10 logos display on my LG TV screen but only DV VS10 display (no HDR) when i select the rest of the BT2020 EDIDs?
    3. Why when i select these 2 no DV options, the HDR setting will reset to Auto when i restart the z9x but the not for the other BT2020 options (they still stick to the same HDR setting)?

So far the best EDID i tried are the no DV options where HDR can kick in together with VS10 with HDR sets to for all contents.

3. Markswift2003

1. I assume you mean the BT.2020 LLDV EDIDs - that's because LLDV works by a slightly different mechanism, and with an LLDV EDID, essentially the LLDV HDR option is the same as "Dolby Vision VS10 (for all contents)".

"Full+HDR10+" has this option precisely because it does not have LLDV so VS10 will output HDR10.

2. It depends what's being output by which engine and that depends on the HDR option selected. But there is a bug in the logos so that Dolby Vision VS10 logo shows whenever the output is VS10, regardless of whether it's HDR, SDR or Dolby Vision.

3. It shouldn't - more information and I can try to replicate here.

4. ZIDOO2020

ZIDOO2020 New Member

Thanks for your prompt reply.

3. When i select Full + HDR10+ or LG C9(no DV) EDID, I will select Dolby Vision VS10 (for all contents). The next day when i switch on z9x again, the EDID setting remain the same but HDR setting reset to Auto instead of remain at Dolby Vision VS10 (for all contents). It happen for 2 consecutive days. Other EDIDs got no such problems.

5. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I thought I tried that and it didn’t work as expected. I’ll give it another go.

6. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I must have just been confused with all the things I tried prior to getting the HDFury. That seems to work just fine. I also think I was confused about that LLDV option being somehow special with regards to the other options. If I read your recent post from the OP a few up correctly, there is no difference. So… sorry about that. :)

7. Markswift2003

No worries, glad you got it sorted :)

8. Pl
    Please guide regarding placement of my soundbar HT A7000 with z10 pro. I have this arrangement, z10pro+HTPC to vertex(top in for z10pro, bot in for HTPC). Then from vertex(bot out) to projector UHD51. Currently i use my projector for sound but not plan to use if i attach soundbar. Now where will i place my soundbar a7000? It supports earc but i dont have it. Should i connect it to top out port of vertex and use splitter mode to send video to PJ and sound to soundbar? Will it be possible to enjoy atmos by this method? Please guide. Thanks

9. Markswift2003

It depends how you use the Vertex and how your HDMI runs are laid out.

You can either go:

Z10Pro/HTPC > Soundbar > Vertex > Projector

Or

Z10/Pro/HTPC > Vertex > Soundbar > Projector

Or as you say, you can connect as you do now and split the audio off with the Vertex. Atmos will be supported in all cases.

10. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

How do I add a custom resolution to my Vizio P85QX-H1? Vizio's EDID does not include 1080p/25Hz but I know the TV does, I've tried it.

FYI- the TV supports both DV and HDR10+.

11. Markswift2003

Send me your EDID and I'll add it.

Include one direct to the TV and one connected to amp/soundbar if you use them.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had identical problem on OLED LG from 2016. It was North America version of this TV and 1080p 25 or 50 fps were not included in EDID. I think it had 4k at 25fps but the TV can play any resolution / refresh rate you can throw at it. @Markswift2003 helped me with custom EDID file. Works great now :)

Deano86 and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. vddan

vddan Active Member

Hi Mark,
    Still need your services,
    For some time now I have been doing 'LLDV' on my JVC NZ7, and I have tested several Edids without really knowing which one to choose to have the best contrast without plug black and also unverned whites !!
    I tested 800 nit at 10,000 nit, knowing that above 4000 nit on my jvc the whites are burned ...........
    Currently I put the 2000 nit, but I find that on certain plans the image is a little clear!
    Which one will you advise me?
    Thanks in advance

14. Markswift2003

The best I've found is 1000nits - it's a standard level that most production is done to and the optimal level for LLDV.

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you, but on the other hand I have several films which exceed 1000 Nits
    Ex:
    -10 minutes gone (2019) : max frame-average LL404 cd/m2______max content light level 2659 cd/m2

-21 Jump street (2012) : 354/3973 cd/m2

What do they pass for those, they are restrained?

16. Markswift2003

Doesn't matter - they are the the levels in the video, what you are specifying in the EDID is the level to which VS10 will tone map and then the gamma curve in the projector further tone maps to the actual levels it can produce (which is in the order of 100nit to 200nits).

The bottom line is use the one that gives the best image for your setup and if you're not sure, use 1000nits.

17. vddan

vddan Active Member

OK I understood so in fact the real level can be around 100/200 nits ....................... so I will test from 1000 nits as you recommend it and then I would possibly test lower to see!
    Thank you and good day

18. Markswift2003

Theoretically you might would expect the best level would be to match your projector - so say your projector has a maximum of 130nits, which is realistic, then you'd expect to set the EDID for 130nits so VS10 would tone map all the way and the projector doesn't have to.

However, since we are using the projector in HDR mode and applying a PQ gamma curve, it kind of "expects" a higher nits input so I've found the best value to be 1000nits in the EDID.

However that does beg the question what happens if you tone map to 100nits in VS10 and then apply an SDR (BT.1886) gamma rather than PQ but still stay in BT.2020 colour - common sense tells me it shouldn't work - but it might if you get the right value for the gamma...

Edit - actually, no that wouldn't work since the gamma curve still has to follow PQ and power gamma isn't the same curve, particularly at the lower end.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  19. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you for your explanations and I therefore have last night by watching a film, applied various Edid by checking with half of contrast and brightness those which passed better ....................... .... In the end on last night's film I held the '900' Nits!
    I checked on several films: HDR10 10+ etc ....... it goes well, I will stay like that about 1 week and we will see!

20. vddan

vddan Active Member

Then after 15 days. , I returned to an Edid of 1500 nits, which seems more balanced with a good dynamic !!
    To be continued..........