EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Ah. I got that feeling after reading some other posts, but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your time sir!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes of course - the LLDV image is superior in my opinion.

The HDFury is worth every penny of that - not just for the LLDV trick but also as a diagnostic tool and just so you know what's going on with your signal.

I highly recommend anyone who is remotely interesting in this hobby getting one.

3. Markswift2003

You're very welcome :)

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you again, to think so ........

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Since the HDR switching can be done on my JVC NZ7, I tested the LLDV with respect to my current VS10 and on the DV there may be a 'hair anymore', but nothing really net !!
    Since I have forced to switch to VS10 for my Samsung, I will surely stay like that ........:cool:

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, I fully agree. Actually I followed the suggestion of Markswift2003 and it saved my mess with PJ Benq W5700, AVR-2113 (now upgraded to X6200W) and TV Sharp 1080p. After the upgrade, Vertex2 continuous to be a mixing device with a starring work. I'm a devoted fan!! :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. I used custom 5 edid"sony v2" on my vertex1 and enabled custom hdr. I enabled lldv from z10pro to vertex to PJ( optoma uhd51). But i couldnt find any picture quality change. Its same as simple using VS10 engine to play all content. Am i missing something? Is the quality difference noticeable? I previously used VS10 to play all content and it was having best picture. But this EDID change and lldv is not showing quality improvement.

8. Markswift2003

No - LLDV is LLDV, whether you use "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for *** content)" or use "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422, 12bit)" it's the same thing - the difference in choosing the LLDV option is that the GUI is presented in LLDV too - so all output is LLDV.

The idea of "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for *** content)" is that it is the same as setting "Auto" except for the *** content.

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

Well, I come back to my words: last night Tester LLDV 2000 Nit BT2020, and there I recognize that the image to be taken a superb boost, with rear lots outlets, stitched and presence of characters who made believe in 3D !!!
    All that on my JVC, now I would like to have also on my Samsung TV that does not switched off!
    Apart from Vertex 2, is there another way?

10. Markswift2003

No, sorry, you need a Vertex 2 to send a spoof HDR message to the Samsung so it will switch into HDR10 mode.

You can get away with an HDFury Linker or a Vertex 1 but they will only have the ability to send the HDR message fulltime (which might work for you if you only use it on the Zidoo and always output LLDV).

The Vertex 2 and later models have the ability to send an HDR message only when they detect an LLDV input from the Zidoo.

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ok thank you ....... so vertex 2 or possibly a 8k vroom for the future?

12. Markswift2003

Yes, either would work.

13. vddan

vddan Active Member

14. BlakeC

BlakeC New Member

Hello,

Does anyone have any EDIDs for the Epson 5040UB. I think I'm having issues with all the ones I've downloaded due to the Epson's 300mhz limit. I tried to download the bin posted for the TW8300 earlier, but am not sure how to convert the txt file to a useable bin file. I am trying to either let the Zidoo know my projector cannot handle 60hz 4K HDR and/or limit the HDR to 100nits. Any help would be appreciated.

15. Markswift2003

Here's the Epson 5040UB EDID:

https://mega.nz/file/4f5jUCBY#85dg5MN5o78ux8zFIAH_sHxJIEbCBvYHu0q-Qsf9AF4

To change a text (.txt) to an .bin file just change the extension to .bin, so edid.txt becomes edid.bin for example. The only reason I suggest changing to .txt is so the forum will allow direct uploads of the files.

You can't limit HDR to 100nits in the EDID.

16. BlakeC

BlakeC New Member

Thanks for your help. I thought putting the Epson EDID in would help with my dark Dolby Vision videos. I have the it set to out put SDR 2020 max and the HDR10 files convert and look fine using my regular SDR settings, but the DV is much darker.

17. Markswift2003

If you're using SDR.2020 the problem is that it uses the Realtek engine only and it depends what Dolby Vision profiles you're playing as to how that's handled.

Why don't you use the VS10 engine? You can then choose how SDR, HDR10 and DV are handled.

If you set VS10 for all content, everything is output in HDR10.

Or if you prefer to keep SDR as SDR, just set VS10 for HDR and DV only.

18. Please bear me for asking small things. But i have few questions
    1. Is vertex 2 and vertex 1 same with regard to spoofing EDID for LLDV?
    2. If i dont use vertex and directly connect z10pro to UHD51 PJ setting VS10 for every content how will be the PQ? Will LLDV option be visible if i directly connect my z10pro to PJ without vertex?
    3. If i connect my xiaomi c2 (DV supported PJ) to z10pro which HDR settings should be best? Should i use vertex with this as well?

Please guide as i cant find answers to these questions

19. Markswift2003

1. Yes and no.

Both the Vertex1 and 2 can supply an LLDV EDID (as can the Zidoo) and supply an HDR message to switch the TV into HDR Mode (The Zidoo can't do this) however, only the Vertex 2 can send the HDR message only when it receives an LLDV signal so normal HDR is passed through. The Vertex 1 has to have this "spoof" HDR signal on permanently which to be honest isn't a huge issue if you use LLD permanently. I recommend the Vertex 2.

2. If you select an LLDV EDID in the Zidoo then yes, the LLDV option will be available as it would with the Vertex. Picture quality does not come into it. You would however need to switch your projector manually into its HDR10 mode.

3. A DV supported display does not need any of this since it will already have a DV EDID. Set HDR to Auto unless you want to convert specific HDR modes, or all of them, to DV.

20. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Alright… so I’m back to thinking there should be a display option for LLDV that includes all HDR, but excludes SDR content. I’m loving the tone mapping for HDR content, but sometimes it’s a miss on SDR. I’m using a HDFury to do the EDID thing so I’m not sure this is the best place to ask for this feature, but there it is.