Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Because its not classed as a streaming device as we all know on here
    Its for local Media playback .
    Best purchase a shield or ……

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Guilherme Carvalho
    Zidoo is running Android Leanback with APP compatibility for Android Smartphones (not Android TV). These APP's are designed to use touchcontrol. Try using a pointermouse instead which will act mostly the same. You also may try to install Android TV versions using the APK. Functionality is decided by the streaming provider based on product policies enforced. It is not caused by bad APP compatibility.

All details to be found here:
    Reply #3: https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=5098.0

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022

3. Thanks for the info. but Google TV APK does not install on this box.
    Which is a shame, because it would be perfect to have everything on the same equipment, for me this box is only for transmitting 4k and 3d movies, I'll have to keep roku tv

4. Nice Monkey

No update with FW 6.3.75 for this list. :(
    Not even #22 which was promised explicitly. But OK that is a mere inconvenience once this behavior is known.
    I am surprised none more get fixed for a long period not talking about #1 and #2 which may be complex to fix?

Can anybody confirm ROON certification for UHD3000 now working? I am not a ROON user myself but have the intention to try it with my Neo X when available.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I think that this is a problem. The Children category should not contain titles with no rating information or with NR rating.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Nice Monkey

I tend to agree with you.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Added "folder.jpg" not shown with MP6 despite being present to the album folder. This is an elementary feature still being unpredictable.

8. puremind

puremind New Member

30. HDMI CEC control not functional using an AMP in-between

Volume buttons don’t work at all when connected to the amp either via hdmi cec or without it because is sending audio in raw format to the AVR and not processing it. Please fix this

Nikolay likes this.
  9. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

The bug is in the list on the first page of this topic (number 30 as you stated yourself), so Zidoo is aware of it.
    And as you can see on the top of every forum page, it is a chinese holiday, so nothing will be done for the next 2 weeks.

10. Nice Monkey

That is the basic intention of RAW. Don't process it an regulate volume using the AMP or TV volume controls only. HDMI-CEC is intended to use the player volume controls to be re-directed to the TV (that works) and AMP (does not work)

11. puremind

puremind New Member

I am aware Nice Monkey. Mainly if you are using raw output and HDMI CEC volume doesn't work then it means you cannot control audio from the Zidoo and have to have 2 remotes with you all the time... which is a bit pointless. Hoping to get this resolved after the Chinese break.

12. Nice Monkey

Added an extra ROON chapter here now that all new players are getting it:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-neo-models.80434/

ROON Readiness:
    Gradually all new models are being certified by ROON. Therefore had a look at ROON myself.
    It is very good for those being wealthy with (very) big houses and music facilities from multiple brands in many different rooms/places. It is multi-brand, multi-room and using multi-cast for that purpose with consistent app's for all certified platforms. You can share local content plus streaming music services across everything in a home using ROON with many nice features. No it is definitely not cheap but there is for sure a market for it.

You can see the actual status here;
    https://roonlabs.com/partners/zidoo

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  13. Nice Monkey

@mirror
    May I ask Zidoo for some attention to this list. At least problems could be confirmed/denied and/or commented.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Agree always goes silent never give any confirmation on anything, just release another firmware with cosmetic changes.
    If you expect to move forward we need confirmation on your future plans otherwise your customers will stop buying these devices,. You cannot expect customers to take the risk in paying £1000 for the neo x if zero communication.

15. Nice Monkey

@gadgetman
    Got some dialog going and they asked for samples which have been provided.

16. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Great keep us informed, don't mind if can not be sorted asap but would be nice to know they listening and working on the above issues.

17. Nice Monkey

Updated with FW 6.3.88 with no problems fixed reading the change list.
    Please correct me if wrong.

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Nothing about online Trailers !!!
    Zidoo is deaf and blind to that problem.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

What's your issue of "Online Trailers"? My Z9X is running trailers flawlessly.

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You’re right. There two scenarios with different movies for this bug:
    1) it takes like 30’ to load (probably depend on internet bandwidth) then it reloads every minute to finish the trailer.
    2) it takes 30’ to start and then reloads every 20-30’, then runs 4-5’, takes 40’ to reload and after 20’ it freezes and reload. And repeat the same upto the end.