Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thank you very much,

Don't hesitate to subscribe to my channel, it will encourage me to add new content, thanks in advance.

There will be a new Tutorial available at 10am this morning (local time)

2. OlivierQC

Hello,

I have just added a new tutorial video for people who are not yet familiar with the many possibilities of Posterwall

Hoping you will like this tutorial

OlivierQC

feherzaj51 likes this.
  3. Josh Moore

Josh Moore New Member

Hi,

I am new to this platform. I see in the GIF on the 2nd page of this thread that both Justice league discs are under one poster. How is this achieved?

Multi disk movies is an area that I am having an issue on finding how to handle/ name them to get them under one poster.

I am using ISO format for movies.

Thanks,
    Josh

4. OlivierQC

Hello Josh,

The movie is on 2 iso, and Posterwall groups them by itself on the information page of the movie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon on my Youtube Channel

OlivierQC

Josh Moore likes this.
  5. Josh Moore

Josh Moore New Member

Olivier,
    Thanks!
    I believe I see where I was lacking in labeling knowledge from your reply. I will have to try it when I get off work.

6. OlivierQC

Keep me informed and go to my youtube channel ;)

Josh Moore likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

dr4go, AngryVirginian and Josh Moore like this.
  8. OlivierQC

Yes thanks Mark,

It's the same as on the Zidoo when you click on ''?'' when you're on the movie information page.

9. Josh Moore

Josh Moore New Member

I got everything sorted. Thanks for the help! I did watch quite a few of your vids on YouTube :)

10. OlivierQC

Thanks Josh :)

To all, please subscribe if you like the videos, it will encourage me to offer more videos

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    dr4go likes this.
  11. OlivierQC

Hello,
    I have just added a new tutorial video for people who are not yet familiar with the many possibilities of Posterwall

OlivierQC

12. OlivierQC

Hello,

OlivierQC

13. BlackJoker

BlackJoker New Member

Hi I'm running the latest build of Home Theater on my UHD3000 and all my files are stored on a Synology DS718+

I'm using SMB to access them which works fine but the automatic scan isn't working for me at all. I turned the automatic update setting already off and on again but it doesn't recognize any new files on my storages. I always have to manually update my libary which is quite annoying.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

14. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

We’ll isn’t this a pickle. I couldn’t figure out why my media server was behaving oddly and at the same time HT4 was taking ages to load posters, especially after coming out of standby. My search for “standby” brought me to page 14 of this thread and then I magically understood why both those things were happening. But before I go all nuts deleting the database and starting scanning for the 3rd time (don’t ask…), I’d like to be 100% sure the way to do move the .Hometheater directory or directories.

For a little background in case any other users are using it, I use unRAID on a purpose built PC/server to serve up all my media, run Plex server and ubooquity in dockers, and act as an archive for other items. One benefit of unRAID is that it keeps the drives spun down unless and until data needs to be accessed, utilizing a caching system to keep a tree of all the files in memory for faster access. Then if a file needs accessed, it spins up the drive it’s on and serves it up. For Plex or Zidoo it means a few seconds of waiting once the file is asked to load, but the benefit of not needing the drives spun up 24/7 far outweighs that. and there are far more benefits in the system, but I’ll leave figuring out that to anyone that might be interested in it.

Ok so on to the problem at hand. HT4 saved the hidden folder to the root of the media share that is served up to the user or agent. That share actually spans 7 disks, but the user or agent only sees one big share and the server splits things up across it as needed. In my case it looks like the bulk, if not all, of the hidden directory got stuffed into disk 1 and this means that disk 1 is going to be spun up any time HT4 needs to access that directory. Which is a lot when it’s in use and more importantly when booting up or coming out of standby. That’s why I kept seeing an extra delay with standby and why I kept seeing disk 1 spun up and being accessed even though I knew what I was watching wasn’t on that drive.

So my priority before I do anything else with my Z9X is to get that hidden directory off the server and permanently on the Z9X. I haven’t determined yet just how large that directory is and therefore how large it may get to in the future, so I don’t know if the internal storage is going to be large enough. I do have a 32GB low profile flash drive I planned on installing and leaving for screensaver images, backups, and firmware files and can use that for this if needed. Either way, I need to move it ASAP.

At the top of page 14 @Markswift2003 explains a method to go about doing this and further down another user explained a slightly different way. Is there a consensus as to the best and/or fastest way to accomplish this? Any other steps I should take? Anything I might be missing here to make this less painful? :)

Thanks all and sorry for the ramble. Im a firm believer in more information is better… right up till it’s not.:D

15. Im on Unraid as well. Mark's tutorial on how to use the "custom folder" feature is easy and straight forward and will keep the .Hometheater folder from being created on your Unraid server. It will leave that folder on your Zidoo device instead.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    Anthony C. likes this.
  16. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I ended up trying a variation so I didn’t have to setup the sources again and so far so good. Certainly makes HT4 more responsive with regards to posters loading. I think they should make it standard to put the .hometheater directory on internal storage. Of course if this ends up turning to crap I’ll do it again with setting up the sources. Fingers crossed!

17. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I've read a bunch of threads, and (right after viewing OliverQC's videos) will see what happens when this noob scans my many files for the first time.
    Regarding Poster Folder Custom folder, do I just leave it
    storage://
    or do I create a folder within 'storage'?
    I very much want to retain the original filenames I d/l-ed.

Is there some syntax to prompt Posterwall to ignore stuff, such as enclosing stuff to be ignored in [brackets] which I encountered on another box?
    Is there some way to disable all trailer functionality? (I dislike trailers.)

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. That's entirely up to you - it's easier just to leave in storage://

2. There are discrete ignore words you can add in preferences, but there's no global delimiter. Scanning involves a text parser so the more the filename departs from the movie name, the less accurate it is.

3. Yes - two ways to do it - switch "Use only Local Trailers" <On> and don't have any local trailers or set "Auto play trailers.." to <Off>. With the second option you have the ability to manually view the trailer if you want to.

coyote2 likes this.
  19. RakMagic32

RakMagic32 New Member

Hi, your giude is so really complete!
    but i need ask a little help when need find manually a poster for a film.

i have pics my problem, when search i dont have a preview of poster on a list... how can made load for understand is right poster?

Attached Files:

20. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thanks Mark, I missed that. I have a text file of ignore words from another system, so I poked around and I see that in
    X:\Storage\.HomeTheater\settings\TheaterConfig.xml this line
    <string name="scanFilterListString">trailer,yyy,zzz</string>
    shows whatever one enters manually because I entered yyy and zzz after the default trailer, so I assume I can simply dump my comma-delimited list in there after the default trailer.
    Ah yes, much easier! I see when I tried storage://Posters
    then I ended up with this less convenient path...
    X:\Storage\Posters\.HomeTheater\Posters

So now I'm wondering how best to start over. I've got .HomeTheater folders all over the place (including on remote drives where I'm guessing I don't want them) from testing.
    To start totally over with a fresh Posterwall scan I'm guessing I select "Remove" from the menu for each of my Sources, then maybe delete all the .HomeTheater folders using my computer's file manager (including on the UHD3000 over Samba). Anything else to make a fresh start on a Posterwall scan?
    Yay, thank you!!