How to tag and structure music collection for MP?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by muha, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

About folder.jpg even that is NOT always shown when present. :mad:

See the 2 attachments. Both folder.jpg will display nicely when selected using Media Center, but only the first one will be shown as cover art by Music Player the second is totally ignored.
    What is the reason/difference? :confused:

After flipping these a few times in fact none works anymore. What is the variable here?
    In fact it may show up very short and is next removed. Using a folder.jpg image from another album showing up correctly neither works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  2. muha

muha Active Member

Size

one is around 600dpi square
    other around 2000dpi square

keep em between 300x300 and 600x600

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

I want them be used as they come. Must I convert the damned pictures also? All my players use them without problems.

gymnos likes this.
  4. muha

muha Active Member

Yep, also as tags. Try to avoid png too.
    Like I said, I was lucky that I ripped my small cd collection to flac when I got Z10Pro, so I could do it properly.

5. Nice Monkey

No that's not the cause. Changed both to 640x480 and none is displayed.
    The left one was working at the beginning and that was the big one!

Yes PNG is not supported neither. Can confirm that.

Tag embedded covers overrule using the provided folder.jpg. That is for sure too.
    Embedded covers are NOT displayed when being too big for MP6 specifically.
    After changing the embedded cover it shows up now.
    Under some conditions it must be storing the cover automatically even when too big.

So there is size restriction after all but with embedded covers which no other player has.

"Priority Local Image" set to ON. Or is that something else?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    xskip and muha like this.
  6. muha

muha Active Member

MP6 works in mysterious ways :D

dryan01uk and xskip like this.
  7. Magnus hedlund

Magnus hedlund New Member

Updated to version Beta v.6.3.92 on my Neo X.
    Still no support for foreign characters in Artist or SongTitle, like å ä ö.
    Anyone noticed any progress regarding the issue with foreign characters (letters)?

8. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

I have some Music Files, Atmos, in MP4 and EAC3 formats but the Media Player "don't" sees them, how can I play them in the Z9X?

9. muha

muha Active Member

You must embedded them in one of audio containers that MP6 recognizes as audio file.

10. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

For example?

11. Nice Monkey

Zidoo will play Atmos in a Video container using the movie player not music player. Play myself Pure Audio BD's and Video Concerts BD's in DD, DTS and LPCM including all HD formats.

Music Player is designed primarily to play Stereo formats. MCH support is limited to DTS-CD and FLAC/PCM and then not including gapless playback.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  12. muha

muha Active Member

@Nice Monkey did anyone tried renaming mp4 to m4a?

Or eac3 embedding in wav?

13. Nice Monkey

Or re-muxing it to such a container.

14. muha

muha Active Member

I would try myself but I don't have any atmos music.

15. muha

muha Active Member

@Glorioso @Nice Monkey
    OK I did some testing by trying to isolate and play audio track of Dolby trailers Screenshot_20220411-213745.jpg
    I just tried to find any container that will work and unfortunately
    Dolby TrueHD 7.1 ATMOS in red
    is recognized as 8 channels track but it will not play.
    And for Dolby Digital Plus ATMOS, if mp4 is containing only audio track than renaming extension to m4a will be enough, if not than Shana encoder comes in play, where you can disable video and copy audio track to m4a and it will work.

Glorioso likes this.
  16. autocrat

autocrat New Member

This seems as good a place as any. UHD3000, latest G software.

Track titles with numbers only confuse the "scraping" process to the extent that MP6 seems to ignore the entire album.

eg: '12. 1995.flac'

Not my biggest problem though. After I fix all of the wrong things in the MP UI, if I change *anything* on the source it rescans everything and throws away all my fixes. Anyone got a thought on fixing that?

thanks

17. muha

muha Active Member

It shouldn't be ignored, usually just number is ignored, should be shown as
    (blank) - Artist

And when re-scanning change in settings/scan
    matching settings - local data
    priority - local image

18. autocrat

autocrat New Member

Thanks. My problem here is that the entire album is absent from the albums page. I have 4 albums that exhibit this behaviour, and the only way to fix it is to rename the tracks on the disk and rescan.

I'll try changing the scan settings, but my initial thought is that it might limit what the system can do with anything new I add to the source.

19. Nice Monkey

Added #32 to my aggregated problem list as filtering numbers is very odd and obviously a serious bug. In fact it was instantaneously fixed the next day and marked green accordingly.

#31 When and when not showing folder.jpg was diagnosed in detail together with Zidoo. Bottom line it shows after doing a scan but may or may not show up without doing so (album selection with Media Center). Once well understood more of an inconvenience.

The good news gradually MP keeps improving but it is taking a lot of time. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    gymnos and muha like this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Hey they did not even mention it back to me. Just waited for me to find out? :rolleyes:
    They actually implemented this one as suggested:

Next to Folder.jpg also Cover.jpg, Front.jpg and artist.album.jpg (=matching the folder name) is used automatically.
    These are the 4 most common formats widely used.

But using the PNG format is still not supported.

Be aware that once found it is being cached. It is only reset doing a "Clear data" under "Database".
    So changing any of these won't change the image displayed anymore. Be also aware it does this per track. So playing around with this some tracks won't show anything if all images are removed from the folder but those having been played just once with a valid image will still show up. In fact these may all be different if played one by one with a changing image present per track played.

It escapes me why caching is done this way. Changing images is simply not intuitive for me but hey by default an image should pop-up if present in a common format.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    gymnos likes this.