New firmware v1.2.7 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laola

laola Member

[QUOTE="laola, post: 16788, member: 7007"

There is one bug I noticed. The 4k / 50Hz resolution does NOT support HDR. Having this enabled, then my TV shows no signal. When I am disable the HDR function on my TV or in the Zidoo settings, then the 4k / 50Hz works fine (but without HDR). [/QUOTE]

Any chance to get this fixed ?

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Any chance to get this fixed ?[/QUOTE]
    Hi,We could't reproduce this problem :(

3. jo23

jo23 Member

4. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Where exactly do I find the superuser.apk file?

5. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

6. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

can you share the file?

7. laola

laola Member

okay - then it is definetly difficult to fix :) Which information you would need in addition ?

My LG65U950 offers a so called DeepColour HDMI input (you can choose on/off). When HDMI deep colour is set to off, then I everthing works fine. I can choose 4k/50Hz and also the box works fine. However, when I then play a HDR movie, my TV ask to switch the HDMI input to HD DeepColour mode (TV must be restarted). Accepting with yes, TV re-starts, switch to HDR mode and then the movie plays fine. However, as soon as I stop the movie and the HDR mode is switched off I don't have a video signal anymore at the HD Deep Colour input. I have to manual switch off the HD Deep Colour mode so that a video signal is recognized and I can see the desktop of the Zidoo box. There isn't any issue with the 4k/60Hz mode (HDR turn on/off automatically but using this mode, I do have issues with other moviews/TV shows (living in Europe where the TV signal is 50Hz and not 60Hz).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  8. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

maybe there is a problem with your tv. Mine (also LG) is always set to Deep Color On, and i dont have any problems. Ok i havent tried (?) 4k/50, can you provide a link for some?

9. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

Please fix the audio playing early problem with SPIDF for god sake! Its been there forever

10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hello, your problem is HDR requires 10bit /12bit, My Samsung JS9000 TV will only sync with the Zidoo at 3840x2160@50hz if i set to 8bit or turn deep color off, leaving it at Auto or 10bit causes loss of sync on TV.
    Shame on you Zidoo because i reported this weeks ago.
    3840x2160@60hz and 24hz is not affected.

11. jo23

jo23 Member

A sample movie to test 10bit display.

12. DaMacFunkin

Hi mate, see my reply a few posts above, basically when you turn deep color of on your lg, the zidoo sends 8bit, that is why it works, it is when the zidoo tries to send 2160@50hz in 10bit or 12bit it doesn't work, my Samsung JS9000 won't sync unless 2160@50hz 8bit.
    So that is 2 different TV's, and given all the Samsung JS series and some of the HU series have the same One Connect Box, that is a lot of TV's this doesn't work on Zidoo.
    can you really not replicate it???

13. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

it works fine... some black to white transitions are rotating in two rectangles...

14. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I
    It work well here to.

15. DaMacFunkin

It's too easy to say it 'works'
    The guy is having problems with 4K HEVC @24hz, Color Space = Auto and Deep Color = Auto.
    Is that your settings?
    If not post the settings on which you base your statement.

16. Sarco

It work here with exactly same settings.

17. jo23

jo23 Member

Thank you for testing.Does it also work with 23.967 ?
    For me it seems working with 24 hz but not with 23.967
    I thought i saw the black screen in the androidsettings menu too.

18. Sarco

Test in Kodi it work in both refrsh rate 23,967hz and 24hz

19. jo23

jo23 Member

The problem always occurs in external player in my configuration. After closing the external player the black screen occurs in other apps too.
    @Sarco: Can you notice the difference between the two rectangles in the test movie? There should no banding in the right rectangle.

20. Sarco

The right rectangle play more smooth, in the left the animation seem to display whiter flash. For black screen I have it to sometimes, must restart with physical switch but it hapen with other test file to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.