New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, that would have been good to know initially.

So in that case you're not sending the custom HDR message out from the Vertex when LLDV is input.

2. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Sure that I have put the flag (check) "Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV" .

I followed to the letter the document (pdf) that you sent me with the settings to be made.
    While watching the movies everything seems okay, but on the desktop of the zidoo Z9X with HDR auto mode the black color is black, with LLDV it increases the brightness and the black is gray.

Attached Files:

3. Markswift2003

That is really odd, but I have seen something similar before on a Sony TV which although it says it doesn't support Dolby Vision, actually does and the GUI was washed out for no reason I could fathom.

What happens if you set the Vertex like this:

upload_2021-12-19_18-35-26.png

4. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Nothing changes :
    I get with HDR auto: black
    I get with LLDV: more brightness and gray.

I remember that this did not happen with the firmware 6.3.45 if you left the color 0-255, from version 6.3.50 it also happens with the color 16-235

5. Markswift2003

Can you send me a backup file from the vertex so I can check the settings here..
    Also can you send your EDID.

6. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Here the back up . Thank you

Attached Files:

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Netmask likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

The first thing to note is that you're using peculiar primaries in your DV block.

I can see you're using AutoMix rather than a Custom EDID and the primaries in the DV block are:

RED Primary: 0.680, 0.316
    GREEN Primary: 0.262, 0.688
    BLUE Primary: 0.148, 0.059

These are the primaries used by the Sony A1 television so I guess that's where you got them, but I've no idea why you're using them.. The idea of using Automix is to create your own Dolby Block.

You should be using BT.2020 and matching that with BT.2020 in the HDR message.

The best option is to use Custom EDID and select EDID 10.

Stupidly, HDFury have decided to also call this Sony A1 just to confuse people - it isn't a Sony EDID at all - in fact it's one I wrote for them and is the same EDID exactly as the one loaded into the Zidoo.

9. Markswift2003

@Ozzyoz - I've moved this to the EDID thread...

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

v6.3.60: While keeping this version until a new and reliable one come out, I'd like to report a bug in HT:
    1) Played back a trailer and push RC back button before it finished.
    2) Screen remains black while sound remains in trailer audio.
    3) Device doesn't listen any other RC order.
    4) Need to shut down the Z9X to get it back to normal.

11. DrGeek

DrGeek New Member

For me the automatic trailer is working, but when I want to see one, I have to wait a long time and the video stops a lot.

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Same thing here...which pretty much renders it as not working.. and even when a trailer starts to play, it often is only playing in standard def... Just so weird that trailers continue to work just fine on my Z9s...

13. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Starting off the new year on a positive note, l am happy to report I haven’t had any real issues with my Zidoo players since last summer (including v6.3.66 so far). This may be simply dumb luck, given the never-ending problems being reported, but it could be due to the simplicity of my setup and basic use.

All files are MKV’s on two NAS (Windows not involved); HDR is set to Auto since Lumagen processor does the tone mapping; movies and shows played all the way through (no rewinding, etc.); no APPS added; the processor shows the actual Zidoo video & audio format; don’t pay attention to various information being (or not being) displayed as long as HT4 works flawlessly and files play correctly in proper format; etc.

I am certain the problems being reported will help make the Zidoo a much better player, but given my use I am already a happy camper.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

For @DrGeek and @Deano86:
    This behaviour maybe caused by Internet bandwidth connection.

15. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

In display setting I set to HDR Mapping but everytime I turn off and on the Zidoo, it goes back to auto. Is there any way to keep it it fixed to HDR Mapping

16. Markswift2003

Probably caused by not having an EDID available when it boots (TV switched off, Amp switched off or not fully booted in time - something like that).

When everything is switched on and working, go to Settings/Display/Custom EDID and hit "Save EDID".

Save it where you like - USB stick, local storage, network storage - wherever..

Then upload that EDID and load as Custom EDID.

Now, every time you boot the box it can see the EDID regardless of the boot state of other HDMI devices.

vddan likes this.
  17. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Thanks Markswift2003. It worked perfectly.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Another issue in Z9X HT 4 of this v6.3.60 (maybe reported earlier):
    1) Playing a movie.
    2) Stop in XXmin and then resume from XXmin (indicated in Start button).
    3) Movie starts from the beginning and not from stop time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  19. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I ordered a z1000 pro again.
    Couple question.
    1-After switching on the Zidoo immediately and then opening the selected cover collection, the pictures with covers always open slowly, but only when accessed for the first time, if I navigate somewhere else and then come back to the same cover faster, then it goes faster . Have you ever made the recommendation to save the cover database in a certain location, then from there everywhere and to get the pictures on the cover faster after switching on? Otherwise I have about 100 films. I am using a NAS Sinology DS 118.

2-With this remote control you have to press more and more often 2 times or even several times, and then zidoo jumps several commands at the same time. Do you give a recommendation, or does Zidoo know about this problem?

Thanks in advance

20. Darto Winoto

Darto Winoto New Member

Are Z9X 6.3.60 Googlez Full version or Beta ?