Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

I’m also trying to grasp every setting and tweaking it just right

When I set the poster size to medium I find the speed for every poster to load in poster view very slow. With large posters the same thing happens but since there are less posters on screen the problem is less annoying. Even if I scroll slowly through the collection and let everything load, it will need to load everything again when I try to scroll a minute later.

I like seeing the IMDb score but it would be better if the IMDb score would be white with a slim black outline for readability on light colored posters. I think that would mitigate the problem.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  2. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Do you mean I should backup the entire movie and tv collection or just the custom folder I made for posters and icons? Or the hidden HT4 folder?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No - just use "Backup".

Cerebro likes this.
  4. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Everything worked out as planned, thanks again.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. mjolken

mjolken New Member

I had issues with quality label not updating..

I had a movie in 1080p, which will show FHD. Upgraded it to 4K, but the label wouldn't change. Used the update function when you click More.
    IMG_20220105_184416.jpg

It changes all the labels where you read all the info about the movie. But not the one showing out in the Poster Wall.

So i cleared match info and removed from poster wall.. and now I can't get it back!
    It skips it when doing an Source update.
    Source shows 356/357, and that's the movie missing.
    Movie is, Bohemian Rhapsody
    IMG_20220105_184856.jpg

IMG_20220105_185004.jpg

And it's not deleted from source, cause i checked in panic..
    So how do I readd without the need of clearing everything and do a complete new scan?

Thanks for help.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

So, you don't see it under the "Unmatched" category? Sounds like it just needs to be manually added again... should be no big deal.

7. mjolken

mjolken New Member

Nope.. it's not under unmatched sadly. I can't even see it if i go in to Source? As pictures shows.

8. Markswift2003

Once you remove a movie from the poster wall it can't be recalled unfortunately. I guess the logic behind this is that you don't want content you've purposefully removed from returning if you do a rescan for example.

This logic really needs revisiting because I've seen quite a lot of people who've done this and then struggle to get the movie back.

The easy way to do it is to simply rename the file - so for example, in this case maybe "Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)". This will trigger a rescan or you can manually rescan and the movie should be recognised correctly as "Bohemian Rhapsody".

The only other way is to clear the source and rescan - depending on how you structure your library, eg NFOs, local artwork etc, depends on how painful this process is...

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  9. mjolken

mjolken New Member

I didn't think of that, renaming it. Worked perfectly, thank you.

When I'm at it then..
    If i upgrade said movie from 1080p to 4K, what's the right way of updating the label showing what quality it is in the Poster Wall?

I went in to now Thor, which i just upgraded.. and clicked More, pressed the update button, it updated the info inside More, but not on poster wall?

10. Dagon

Dagon Member

I had this problem too. Drove me nuts. The solution that worked for me was to create a test folder and put the movie in it, removing the NFO file and poster/fan art files so it was like new. Then I added that folder to the update scan. It sort of re-recognized it. Then I moved it back to where I wanted it and re-scanned. Annoying but it worked.

11. Markswift2003

You could also rename "Thor" to say "Thor (4K)" and rescan.

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello

I'm glad to see that people are coming to this thread to learn about Posterwall

-----------------

In my daily use, I continue to be satisfied with Posterwall.

I don't need to use software like tinyMediaManager or something similar

As said before, it recognizes most video files even without renaming them sometimes.

This morning I wanted to watch the seasons of Friends again and I just copied and pasted the files to my hard drive without renaming them

HT4.0 matches 234 out of 236 episodes.

I was missing episode 23/24 (it's a single file) from season 9 and for season 10 with episode 17/18 which is a single file too, I did it manually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------

Zidoo has greatly improved the matching of video files in my opinion whether for TV shows, movies or documentaries

[​IMG]

13. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

the problem you guys are talking about is really annoying when you replace a 720p film with a 1080p of the same title and use the rename function of tiny media manager.
    Strangely enough, not even a player reset helped me.
    just renaming it to "xyz.1080p.mkv" helped. and the automatic renaming in tiny media manager, of course, had to be deactivated

14. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

Hi all, first post here. I've just ordered a Z1000 Pro and had a few questions.

I'm coming from using Kodi on a few Shields and Oppos with custom firmware.

With the Shield/Kodi, I used Emby on my PC to create the .nfo/artwork in the same folder as the movie, which is located on a QNAP NAS within genre folders. I didn't use tags in the filename.

90% of movies are BD ISO and UHD ISO with the balance mkv's. Ultimately if the Zidoo works well, I'd plan to have 3-4 Zidoo units around the house to replace my other players. What's the best workflow if you have several units, so that your library appears to be the same irrespective of which player/room you're in?

Cheers, Dave.

15. Schlafibaer

Schlafibaer New Member

Why dosen't exist the App for Android? Dune can this.

16. Markswift2003

17. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Yes I'd like to know this - is it possible to have a central library that all Zidoos access?

18. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

Thanks Matt,
    I backed up to an nfs location on my server, but then downloaded the latest beta and the Zidoo sends an error that I no longer have permission.
    Am currently saving to a USB drive, but would be great if the network location worked for all players in the home.
    Just wondering, do you know when I preferentially parse .nfo's in the video folder and then save updates files in the library to .nfo if the original .nfo is updated or a new .nfo is saved somewhere else on the player?
    Cheers, Dave.

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have just added a new tutorial video for people who are not yet familiar with the many possibilities of Posterwall

Hoping you will like this tutorial

OlivierQC

The Dreamer, DaveH1 and Visconti12 like this.
  20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

@OlivierQC your video is really interesting!!

Mihail likes this.