Help - HT4 refuses to play any video

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by gabba, Jan 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. gabba

gabba New Member

Have had my Z9X for around 4 months when suddenly it started refusing to play any video via HT4. I get the "cannot play video" message. Videos can be played via the default player when files are lauched through "Media Centre" file explorer. My collection is mostly 50s-70s non english films and took weeks to setup, am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve nuking everything.
    Things I have tried
    Hard Restart vie Power Switch
    Reinstalling the data base from backup
    Flushing cache
    Any other ideas?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never come across this before..

If it's no longer playing files that it used to then it sounds like a factory reset is needed - Settings/Other/Recovery and Reest/Restore Factory Settings.

You say that you've already reinstalled the database from a backup, so you won't lose anything as long as the backup is recent.

3. gabba

gabba New Member

Got it working. I re-scanned the drive using nfo priority. I've only lost about a months worth of "watched" tags, annoying but no biggie.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Database corruption I guess - the database must not have been pointing to the files hence the "Can't Play Video" message...