New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

or keep the lights on :) ....

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Photographic neutral density film. then they remain on but very dim, depending on the values of the ND filter so they are not so obnoxious

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Chewing gum.

darkeyes909, dr4go and Temearoo like this.
  4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

When my Beyonwiz PVR is in standby it use to automatically go to time of day and their VDU is like a searchlight that would wake the dead! Fortunately we managed to encourage them to make an option on/off setting. Apparently it was not possible to simply dim. For me the Zidoo UHD3000 Ethernet lights are fine as the location is in front of a dark painted wall the that doesn't reflect much light. So maybe repositioning might help..

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have a managed 16 port switch behind my stand and a nice long piece of tape along the the top of the ports does fine otherwise it would drive me crazy.

But you are right, all consumer targeted ethernet products should have the option to turn the lights off like ASUS routers do, most people don’t understand what the lights are for or what the colour coding is anyway.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  6. Joe C

Joe C Member

It’s in a dark AV cabinet, so reflects in the corner and is very annoying.

I had to go and pick up a couple of light switches last night, and the store I went to had some stick on led dimmers - I’ve put a bunch of them over each light and it’s much better now.

All my networking gear has the option to to turn them off, so would be good to see this extended out more

7. Horváth Ákos

Horváth Ákos New Member

Please help me :(

I have some problem with my new Zidoo Z9x. I changed an old Z9s to Z9x.
    Z9s was perfect for me, but after change, I have some issue:
    - The picture is too dark on the Home Theater and with every videos. I tried all combinations of settings, but I couldn't resolve this problem. I tried to play some Dolby Vision videos, TV shows DV logo, it works well in principle, but the picture quality is poor, with dark veil.
    - I have some mp4 DV videos with DTS-HD Master audio, but the Z9x can't passthrough to AVR, only play 2.0 AAC, but no audio. Audio settings in RAW.

Dolby Vision videos play only with YUV422 12 bit BT2020

Television: Sony KD55-XE9305
    Amplifier: Onkyo TX-NR686 (HDMI Enhanced mode)
    Settings on Z9x:
    4K 50~60Hz YUV420 10BIT
    4K 23~30Hz YUV444 10BIT
    no 4K YUV444 8BIT
    HDMI extension: 16-235 (as in TV)
    Color depth comp..: on
    HDMI signal: improved
    HDR-SDR Gamma - bright
    HDR auto DV comp. mode: LLDV
    Dynamic range: on
    HDCP: off

Thanks!

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The no audio issues above try running the Mp4s thru MkvToolnix to change them to mkv (i know ive had issues with certain mp4s before and this usually sorts it

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yep an old fogie here who's still a boy! Love em :D

11. Horváth Ákos

Horváth Ákos New Member

I tried this, but the picture was "veiled".
    Some pictures about issue:
    5.jpg 4.jpg Screenshot_20211216-100726.png Screenshot_20211216-102117.png

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

ok, then this is not a solution for you, for me it is not "washed out" and I have more details in dark scenes. Probably depends on the processing of the TV, i have Panasonic OLED.

13. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hi everyone.
    I found this anomaly in the collections. When I click on the poster of the collection to change it with another one, I can only change the poster but not the background.
    I have the possibility to choose the background where the posters of the collection will then be displayed, but even changing it this is not displayed.
    The background of each movie always appears and changes when I choose another movie from the same collection.
    Is that right or is it a bug?
    Thanks to those who want to answer me.
    Joe

14. Joe C

Joe C Member

I had exactly this issue.

I had to do a full reset - hasn’t happened since

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

all i know .mp4 cannot carried hd audio so you must merged it with mkvtoolnix to use .mkv container
    about the dark that you dont like, why dont you change brightness on parameter picture
    for me i must turn it a bit darker coz i use only HDR10 projector

16. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Sorry,
    but I don't understand why if I set HDR auto or VS10, the black contrast is not touched, if instead I choose to use LLDV (any choice) the black contrast becomes gray.
    This happens with color 16-235 or with 0 - 255. nothing changes .
    I don't understand if this affects only the colors of the menu and the HT, or even the viewing of both 1080p or HDR / DV movies

17. Markswift2003

What display?

18. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Optoma UHZ65 .
    I have the Vertex2 , and work very good with LLDV

"" I don't understand if this affects only the colors of the menu and the HT ( pic ), or even the viewing of both 1080p or HDR / DV movies ""

19. Markswift2003

Ok, so it sounds like you are not setting the Optoma into its HDR10 mode.

There are two parts to this hack:

1. Set the EDID in the Zidoo to BT.2020 LLDV so the Zidoo will spit out LLDV in a BT.2020 colour space.

2. Manually set the Display into it's BT.2020 HDR Mode because the Zidoo is not telling the display to go into HDR10 mode because it is in LLDV.

It sounds like you are not doing part 2.

20. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Why i need the EDID in the Zidoo ? I have HDfury Vertex2