New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, I would try the LLDV trick - so you cheat the Zidoo into thinking your display is Dolby Vision and send the Dolby Vision in BT.2020 colour so the projector can use its normal HDR settings.

Attached is a PDF I wrote to help:

Attached Files:

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

3. serg fedorov

Suggestions for correcting the AFR with the work of MP4. (23 Hz does not suit me turned on all the time. The meaning is lost in the AFR)
    Clearing the cache.

4. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Thank You , the document is very much appreciated !!

Gianni

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

It's a little hack that allows you to send true Dolby Vision to projectors so it is the best way to view Dolby Vision material on a projector.

The VS10 engine is also extremely good at converting SDR and HDR to Dolby Vision but it's entirely up to the user how they want to display their content.

If you want you can use VS10 natively (according to the true specification of your display) or you can use VS10 to just display Dolby Vision content as Dolby Vision - Personally I now convert all content to Dolby Vision to display on my Samsung LCD and JVC projector and it looks fantastic.

vddan and serg fedorov like this.
  6. Markswift2003

Not sure what you mean? AFR works fine with MP4.

7. serg fedorov

I have several movies in an mp4 container. This is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the Hobbit trilogy. They all play at 60Hz. If you forcibly turn on 23Hz from the remote control, then the next time you play the file, black begins to crumble. As it was before, when the hdmi range did not work correctly. You have to go to the settings and reinstall the afr and hdr again.
    I understand it. I don’t understand why we should use the wide coverage of 2020 with such meager search coverage.
    There is not even theatrical coverage on the chart,,DCI-P3.

8. serg fedorov

OK!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  9. Markswift2003

There must be an issue with the files - there's no inherent issue with AFR and MP4 containers:

upload_2021-12-13_19-4-48.png

upload_2021-12-13_19-5-20.png

There's nothing to stop you using DCI-P3 or any custom primary targets in the Dolby Block but you have to know what you're doing editing the EDID and also you have to match the primary targets in the display.

So there's nothing stopping you using a DCI-P3 Dolby Block and matching that with a P3 HDR SEI message but it's far easier to use BT.2020 targets because that's generally what the display expects.

Don't forget these are targets only and the actual ability of the display to reach those targets is irrelevant.

serg fedorov likes this.
  10. serg fedorov

OK. Thank you Mark!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

[QUOTE="Markswift2003, post: 166276, member: 21473"

If you want you can use VS10 natively (according to the true specification of your display) or you can use VS10 to just display Dolby Vision content as Dolby Vision - Personally I now convert all content to Dolby Vision to display on my Samsung LCD and JVC projector and it looks fantastic.[/QUOTE]

It work very good ... thank you !

I still have a question, since I inserted the vertex2 in the chain (it doesn't matter before or after AVR) the sync time between zidoo and projector has lengthened a lot about 20/30 sec. Do you know a trick to shorten it?

12. Markswift2003

I don't know why the Vertex increases resync time - it shouldn't!

But to reduce the number of resyncs I would set the Zidoo as follows:

1. Set Display/HDR to "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV,YUV422,12bit)"

2. Set Display/HDMI Mode (Resolution) to "3840x2160p 23Hz"

3. Set Playback/Auto Frame Rate Mode to "Match Frame Rate Only"

Remember, HDMI will resync every time either Resolution, HDR Mode or Frame Rate changes.

godalmighty likes this.
  13. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Hi all, I just got my Z1000 pro to replace my X20, so I don't know if this is firmware related.. but it seems it takes longer for my UHD files to boot up from my internal HD's.. I have two drives from my x20 I'm using, one internal and using the external sata cable for the other one...
    Or maybe I should say I think the movie boots up but I get a long pause black screen, my TV LG E6 OLED the no signal screen saver will pop up and then the screen will go black again and second or two later the movie will appear, so a movie may take 8-10 seconds to finally play.
    If this is normal that's fine.. I just found it odd that my X20 was faster when it comes to this.

thank you.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

go back a page or so on this thread check out Markswifts replies re HDMI synching and best settings to reduce the time etc (sorta sounds like the issue maybe )

15. Joe C

Joe C Member

Is there a way to turn off the activity lights on the ethernet connection (other than sticking electrical tape over them...)?

16. Markswift2003

Simple answer, no.

17. Joe C

Joe C Member

Damn. Can this be requested?

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

A black magic marker would also do the trick.

dr4go, DOC1963, darkeyes909 and 2 others like this.
  19. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

This can be a problem on lots of Ethernet enabled gear. It’s something the industry at large needs to address. Sadly too many design engineers love flashing lights! Still basically boys:p

20. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

a piece of black adhesive tape

darkeyes909 likes this.