New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Where i can do this?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Settings/Playback/Auto Framerate/Frame rate pause time

3. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Thank You! :)

4. Markswift2003

You're very welcome :)

5. Tirabol

Tirabol New Member

Mark!
    I can affirm that it is so!
    I also have the Z1000 Pro and this happens through the coaxial / optical audio output, not through HDMI and I have verified after many tests that it only happens with DDP not with normal DD.
    This occurs regardless of whether is enabled or not: Downmix HD Audio Output.
    Or if the: Passthrough AMP compatibility mode is enabled or not
    or any combination of them

(The S / PDIF output should normally do this implicit in HW though)

Works seamlessly with other firmwares

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

So in order to get logos for TV shows I rematched some TV shows with TheTVDB but I noticed the following:

Under "watching" there is no image, although the image is present. This only happens with TheTVDB. With either TMDB or TV maze the pictures are present after rematching.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I aso noticed a difference for display of TV shows when there is only a single season present.
    Scanning with TMDB results display of the "TV show" which is imho the better way:
    [​IMG]

When rematching with TheTVDB it displays not "TV show" but "TV Show Season X":
    [​IMG]

Can you please change that in case TheTVDB is used it also shows "TV Show" rather than "TV Show Season X" like it is the case with TMDB?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

With TVMaze the season will be gone (No pun intended):cool:

Sledgehamma likes this.
  8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Thanks! Good to know. Another reason to change behavior of TheTVDB. Then it will be the same across all providers.

9. muha

muha Active Member

But so are specials (aka season 0)

10. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

Very important!!

The following setting is important if you have a current TV: Deactivate "maxcll / maxfall" on the Zidoo. This is done by the TV. I own a LG OLED65G1. If you go to "Picture Mode" in the menu of the LG TV, press the key combination "1113111". You come to a secret menu. There you can see that the setting for maxcll and maxfall is set to "Auto". So the TV takes care of this setting. Result: a more natural picture.

11. Markswift2003

Sorry but this is incorrect.

MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) and MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) are content metadata values defining how the TV should tone map HDR10 material. They define the overall maximum average light level and the level of the brightest pixel.

Some HDR10 presentations don't include this information but these days most do.

Some TVs use it and some don't. In the case of LG, they use it, but if you don't leave MaxCLL/FALL switched on in the Zidoo then of course the TV does not get this information and can't tone map according to it and will use default values.

In the case of TVs that don't use MaxCLL/FALL and TVs that dynamically tone map it doesn't matter whether these values are present or not - they will be ignored.

Bottom line, leave it on unless you have good reason not to - for example if using external processors that dynamically tone map, it may be preferable to turn it off.

If you know that your TV uses dynamic tone mapping and does not use MaxCLL/FALL there'd be no harm in turning it off as a belt and braces approach, but as I say, unnecessary.

dr4go, xskip and Blue Stinger like this.
  12. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

Then the following settings are correct on my LG TV in HDR10 mode: in the secret menu maxcll and maxfall on "Auto", in the "Brightness" menu the option "HDR Tone Mapping" = Off and on the Zidoo "maxcll / maxfall" = activated. Did I understand that correctly?

13. Markswift2003

As always set the TV settings that look right to you.

Some LG TVs do Dynamic Tone Mapping so that may be preferable to the static tone mapping that MaxCLL and MaxFALL provide. I don't know which TV you have so don't know if the "HDR Tone Mapping" you refer to is DTM or not - I imagine so (I can't think of any reason to turn off tone mapping if only static tone mapping is available), in which case I'd probably use that instead .

Regardless of the "rules" choose what looks best to you. If you're not sure (it can very very difficult to see differences since they are often subtle) then use best practice which would suggest that DTM is better - although that of course depends on how well it's implemented.

14. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

I own the LG OLED65G1 (2021)

15. Markswift2003

Ok, so I think that supports DTM - so "HDR Tone Mapping" would appear to be the control for this.

I don't have an LG so others may step in here to correct but I think if HDR Tone Mapping is "on" then it uses dynamic tone mapping and if it is "off" then it would use static tone mapping which in turn uses MaxCLL/FALL from the Zidoo.

If MaxCLL/FALL is turned off on the Zidoo it would resort to a default tone map, probably set to tone map as if the content was 1000nits peak which isn't too far away from the native brightness of the screen (around 700nits I believe).

So if it was me I'd leave HDR Tone Mapping switched "on" and stop poking around in engineering menus :)

xskip likes this.
  16. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

I'll answer you later. But: LG G1 Series = Max 780 Nits

17. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi Mark, good afternoon.
    I'll try again.
    Thanks to remind me that.

Paolo

18. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello, sorry for the usual and repeated question.
    I use vertex2 (recently purchased on sale) there is a better setting for Z9X towards vertex2 ?
    Any precautions, better setting on vertex2?
    I have read a good part in the forum, but due to the translation I find it a bit difficult to understand .
    Thank you .

Gianni

19. Markswift2003

What are you trying to achieve?

20. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Play file DV and best HDR to my Optoma UHZ65