[Z9X] local playback DTS 5.1 volume low

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by pcteck19, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That requires turning CEC on and CEC is evil in every way.

2. muha

muha Active Member

But you don't have to turn it on your AVR or TV.

It just renders volume control useless.

DOC1963 likes this.
  3. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

Now for me, that might just be an awesome idea as I do have CEC-less adapters plugged into the HDMI output of every one of my source devices (including my Z1000) which stops CEC communication in its tracks.

CEC, in my system, is only physically allowed to communicate between my display and my AVP for the purpose of HDMI-ARC only. The rest of the devices are entirely isolated from the loop... :D

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDMI-CEC is a very advanced bus type communication protocol with many features. Not an evil. The problem is that all manufactures want to implement just a fraction of it combined with a very few simple settings. That won't work and causes many incompatibilities as the consequence.

5. pcteck19

pcteck19 New Member

connected to TV, where ARC stream to Bluray 5.1 Home Theatre System.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

And when you play Dolby Digital 5.1 does the BluRay 5.1 Home Theatre System show "Dolby Digital" on it's display and the same question for DTS - does it show "DTS"?

As I say, Dolby Digital and DTS are bitstreamed from the Zidoo so it therefore has no control over volume at all.

If however the Zidoo is converting to PCM stereo then it can control volume.

7. muha

muha Active Member

Can your TV process DTS and DD? And can it passthrough?