New version v6.3.60 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release[16 Dec OTA pushed]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 25, 2021.

1. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

I have a problem with the sound, the serial does not work.
    Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S06.1080p.BluRay.DDP5.1 80.4 GB

On the computer the sound works but the player
    ( Z1000 Pro )
    does not work In the old update and this latest update

I made Audio 2.0 to work. Without taking advantage of the original 5.1 audio format

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Similar to what I posted here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/uhd3000-dts-hd-hra-7-1.92215/#post-165978

If you have Audio set to RAW or Auto the Zidoo simply sends the bitstream (EDID allowing) and it's down to the amp to decode it - the Zidoo really doesn't care what the format is as long as the bitstream is valid.

I can't think of any (modern) display or amp that can't cope with E-AC3 (Dolby Digital Plus) and if it doesn't support it then it would decode as standard AC3, so in this instance I would think it's the file at fault.

You are playing the file's correct soundtrack aren't you?

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

If you lock the resolution and use frame rate pause at the same time, the delay will be ignored if the movie is in the same resolution as the one locked for the UI. For movies in DV, the movies will be paused automatically. If the resolution is different and no DV (for example UI in 3840x2160 23hz and a movie in full hd), no problem.

And if you change from framerate+resolution to framerate only, the behaviour changes again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  4. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Damn it. That's it! Thnx Mark. Happy that it is working.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Not sure I understand - Is there a problem?

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@Temearo
    Same here, when resolution is lock the player pause to wait HDMI sync(3s-20s) is general not apply for UHD contend when switch is set framerate only but working when switch is set framerate and resolution switch from UHD to FHD.
    Zidoo Team need review the logic of when and how pause player need start and apply for wait HDMI resync for frame/resolution switch or output mode change Android UI SDR to play HDR and Android UI SDR to play DV.

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Well, it depends. :D

The option to pause a movie for x seconds at start is not supposed to work in any conditions? That is a french user with a projector who explained to me that his setting to 15 sec didn't work anymore when the resolution is locked. I have tried it to see what happened and yes, he was right.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  8. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I think yes every time when HDMI resync is apply, but with Zidoo player not happens like this.

9. Markswift2003

It will only pause the movie when there is an HDMI resync - this is to allow the display time to resync to the new HDMI mode.

HDMI resyncs will occur with a change in:

1. Resolution
    2. FrameRate
    3. HDR Mode

Or any combination of the above.

If none of the above change when the movie starts then of course the movie will not pause.

Lock Resolution only relates to the startup resolution - it allows the current GUI resolution to remain if no EDID is present on startup and has no bearing at runtime.

10. Markswift2003

The logic works correctly for me - can you give an example when it does not work?

11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So, as the user interface is not displayed in HDR, no matter if we set it in UHD @23hz, there will always have a resynch because of the HDR, right?

12. Roger Ottosson

Roger Ottosson New Member

Can somebody please explain why i cant copy files over to uhd3000 on samba from win11 over 30gb :)

13. Markswift2003

If you set the GUI to SDR (eg Auto) and you play an HDR file in HDR then yes.

As I say, any change in either:

1. Resolution
    2. FrameRate
    3. HDR Mode

14. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So, I have more details from the user. He uses a JVC projector (JVC DLA-X900). Resolution locked in 3840X2160 23hz for the UI, framerate mode on frame rate only and pause to 15 sec. When he launchs a movie with the same resolution, he can hear the audio but the image appears few seconds later (around 10 seconds). If he leaves the UI resolution to auto, that is much better according to him.

15. Markswift2003

So what is the HDR setting of the Zidoo and is the file SDR, HDR or DV?

16. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hi @Markswift2003 , do you know when the next firmware will be released? Any interesting changes on the horizon? Thanks ;)

17. Markswift2003

No and yes ;)

dr4go, xskip, muha and 1 other person like this.
  18. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

HDR set to auto, the file in HDR.

19. Markswift2003

Ok, that's obviously going to resync the HDMI hence the 10s or so delay - that's the projector (JVCs have notoriously long HDMI sync times).

If he wants to stop that then he should set VS10 Engine for all content then all content (including DV and the GUI) is converted to HDR by VS10.

A better alternative is to load the BT2020 LLDV EDID and set LLDV output and force the projector into BT.2020 HDR. This converts all content and the GUI to Dolby Vision and he'll probably get a better picture than he's ever seen from his projector (that's what I do).

If he wants to leave HDR in Auto, then he can set the Play Pause for 10s or so which is exactly what it's designed for.

20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Think already mentioned but Cache cleaner does nothing on this firmware .