New firmware v1.2.7 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Well most SERIOUS A/V users of this product seem to have this problem in one form or another, and by serious i mean people who didn't buy it to play FIFA 16...

2. rantei

rantei New Member

Zidoo Tech support will you fix also Kodi DTS to DD5.1 AC3 transcoding with external player in ZDMC? Now it's working correctly only with internal player (DVDPlayer).
    Thanks for your support.

3. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Root access plz

4. francishe

francishe Member

You have kept your word. A lot of thanks then. You'd better gear up to make it as perfect as you can. Other makers have marketed the similar type of the boxes. The design of the hardware is the same. Then stability and workability of your firmware will mainly depend if everyone feels comfortable to stay with you.

5. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

This is true. I've been contacted by a different manufacturer stating same hardware with 3gb of ram and pre rooted. they will be shipping this month

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do like a box that can be rooted as some advanced customers want/need this, but for the average customer it is better/safer if it does not come like that from the factory.

So selling it rooted for me is a negative aspect. The same goes for extra APP's and KODI pré-loaded with add-ons/plug-ins of illegal/doubtful nature. I know there is a market for both obviously, but won't provide brands any help personally doing so.

The other statement is very valid. The quality is almost entirely determined by the Firmware included, anybody can get a reasonable box out HW wise these days with minimal effort.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    HaoSs likes this.
  7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

pre rooted is a bad idea. still, zidoo x9s does not come rooted. but some apps still detect some form of root and wont work. so this is also bad. They should work first on fully unrooting the box. and make the full root after

inji75 likes this.
  8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

HaoSs, I fully agree with you, this is exactly what I claim and advocate from a long time.
    I have high respect for Zidoo developers, but they never answered in any way to this reasonable request.
    It's a pity...

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

mail @freeroc directly. or join skype

i'm surprised the update is not out. Are you guys till working to add fixes?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  10. francishe

francishe Member

Anxiously awaiting. My video files are piling up in the web disk awaiting aria2 to transfer to the box.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they are still adding fixes. so we may see 1.2.8

12. Husak Gabor

Husak Gabor New Member

Must also CEC FOR ZIDOO say that is to repair !!!!
    If that continues so I go back the part and buy Beelink miniMX III http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_349813.html. I can use with LibrEElec, and costs everything 50 €.

He switches off by itself and a. I want for 150 € gets a good CEC like LibrEElec !!

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Always take a close look at HDMI-CEC myself.

With FW 1.2.6 at least with my setup (Philips TV plus Onkyo AMP):
    - It does not jeopardize other communications anymore.
    - It can be turned off fully
    - The "One touch power-off" feature works as it should.
    - The Auto Set language option seems to work (not used myself).
    Can't get other features to work. The most important one missing is "One touch play" which should switch the TV/AMP to the designated HDMI port at power-on and optionally power-on TV/AMP also.

Not good, but among the best HDMI-CEC I have seen thus far under Android. Most still do more harm than good.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    monsak.zidoo.x9s likes this.
  14. Husak Gabor

Husak Gabor New Member

This is a real CEC and not like Zidoo X9S !!!! LibrEElec

[​IMG]

15. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

Please answer if you will fix bugs in the new firmware!?
    1. Change the resolution when you turn off the TV and not off z9x.
    2. The missing search string and call the standard command line getActivity().onSearchRequested();
    3. Moving the application window (down-up) while switching between the settings menu and other apps.
    4.Correct the problem with micro freezes in YouTube.
    5. Add recognition TV 4K when choosing a resolution in "auto" mode to x9s switched in 4K and not 1080p.
    Thank you!

16. francishe

francishe Member

@HaoSs. So you mean there will be no 1.2.7 as scheduled and it will skip to 1.2.8. Then what about the release date, as scheduled in this week or not sure when?

17. Ritz

Ritz New Member

Root Please

18. lipton7979

lipton7979 New Member

Add Divx codec in stock player please. Some avi movies can not be played.

19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Try a third-party APP, like MXplayer etc.
    As to the native player,it's non-cerified by Divx.

20. spring

spring Guest

please use the ZDMC to play the Divx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.