My Zidoo Z9X....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I don’t complain: I have a couple of DB movies and luckily just few work poorly with Z9X. I have a Fire TV Stick 4K MAX : the Netflix, Youtube and Prime works good with that device. So thanks, but I don't need another gadget :D

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

You have the right to complain.... considering what Zidoo puts forward about some features with their devices

----

It's amazing to see that users on the forums hesitate to give their opinion/feelings...

There will always be people here or on other forums dedicated to a particular brand of device who will use a dry tone to make us think we're complaining for nothing and make us look like whiners....

And usually other members will follow like a sheep to support what the alpha male says...usually it's always the same ones.

I find it funny to read these messages on the forums

3. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I dare say my opinion, You could see! I told my opinion from Youtube too. Not work right on my Z9X. Stuttering like the slideshow, simple disgusting to watch. But this is not too big problem to me, because i watch the YT on my TV or my Fire TV Stick. I don’t understand because my $ 35 box works weel with Youtube. But Zidoo didn't even promise that, so I'm not complaining.

4. muha

muha Active Member

For streaming I use TV, it is smart enough.

OlivierQC, Markswift2003 and rozel like this.
  5. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

My TV too. But if I'll watch Netflix or Prime on projector i don't have Atmos, because my TV not know this. So, i bought a 4K Max, what I use connected directly to my amplifier. Joy and happiness :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  6. OlivierQC

Yes the Fire TV Stick is a good choice for those who have a projector

7. erni111

erni111 New Member

Witam.
    Mama pytanie czy na z9x działa Netflix, HBO, Viaplay, ? Mam firmoware v6.3041G i nie odpala mi. czy nie ma wsparcia?

8. OlivierQC

nie, nie ma żadnego wsparcia

Zidoo nie może zagwarantować poziomu funkcji obsługiwanych przez serwisy streamingowe, a nawet ich działania. Nie wynika to ze wsparcia/kompatybilności APP, ale z polityki stosowanej przez różnych dostawców.

9. erni111

erni111 New Member

[CYTAT="OlivierQC, post: 165588, członek: 6448"]nie, nie ma żadnego wsparcia

Zidoo nie może być może być usługami obsługiwanych przez serwisy streamingowe, a nawet ich działania. Nie wynika z aplikacji wsparcia/kompatybilności, ale z zakresu stosowanego przez różnych dostawców. [/WYCENA]
    Bardzo dziękuję.
    Szkoda ,może się coś zmieni.[/WYCENA]

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Can we keep posts to English please - this has been requested many times. Thanks

Engineer99 likes this.
  11. OlivierQC

About the FW .65 in beta on the Z9X and that will be available for the Z1000PRO at some point in 065 or other ...

Optimize is a very used word that allows to say that there are improvements while being vague.

Having a changelog with a lot of optimized words is always more attractive, isn't it?

I checked some BDmenu and it's a disaster as far as I'm concerned, the menus that work are slow and ruin the viewing experience, and the ones that were not supported before are still not supported of course.

See you soon​

12. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Has anyone got feedback on this, as I expect I'll come across it often.

Also, is there a dedicated HT4 thread/sub-forum here? It's hard to find conversations about the UI etc. when it's merged in with hardware, firmware and other topics.

13. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I would give them a pass on that since English is probably not their first language. This is probably also why many of HT4 UI elements seem too narrow (e.g., chapter names, technical info, etc). I am guessing that Chinese is probably a lot more succinct, written character-wise, than English.

14. OlivierQC

Hello all,

I just added a video tutorial in
    French language and with English subtitles on my You Tube Channel to show you how I flash my Zidoo box.

[​IMG]

See you soon

15. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@OlivierQC Would you happen to have the link to download the Cancer UI APK? I looked through you threads but could not find it.

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Coming from a multicultural country where half the shop signs in my suburb are not in English, I would be more than happy to simply have a "translate" button available on posts. But ultimately it's the prerogative of the site owners as to language.

17. OlivierQC

Hello AngryVirginian,

I add a tutorial video on this subject on my You Tube Channel

French language
    English subtitles

[​IMG]

See you soon

18. OlivierQC

Hello to all,

For those who are interested in a Zidoo box, and who want to enjoy their Dolby Vision movies and have some questions, here is a little video that will enlighten you about the possibilities with our famous Zidoo boxes.

I add links of my Youtube Channel dedicated to the Zidoo devices that may help new users.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LetstalkaboutEverything

See you soon​

crutzulee likes this.
  19. andy22

andy22 Active Member

There should be a real PQ test out soon for HDR/DV here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgfupvexKipbuJPklxS52KQ/videos

It's kinda strange that we still rely on anecdotal evidence and marketing buzzwords on what VS10 actually does and how Zidoo's DV PQ compares to other players.

rozel likes this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I could not agree more. The way the Forum is structured is a complete mess - nobody can be bothered in bringing it up to a proper standard - i.e. a standard that befits "our famous boxes" as @OlivierQC says.

Without @Markswift2003 this forum with the knowledge he brings, sales would be languishing. His knowledge is of par excellence. But the bigger problem for me is there seem to be quite a lot of areas where improvements can be made but some folks just keep harping on about the same SOCed but far more expensive boxes. It's been said time and time again that the smaller issues, if not sorted, always come back and bite you as what seems to be happening. MP6 is pants, really it is, and despite me asking, I haven't a clue on the status Quo of MP7. I love @OlivierQC 's video tutorials but to be fair he plays catch-up on the ongoing firmware upgrades which is all he can do. I appreciate this is a members-forum but I for one think we should have extremely more input from Zidoo if these are truly "famous Zidoo boxes". Come on guys we have not yet seen an Official OTA Firmware Upgrade! All we get are Alpha and Beta ones - and these boxes are described as "famous"? Lol! My last few posts have met with deaf ears, probably because I am not being taken seriously - let's see what happens with this one.

If changes are not made very soon though, I shall bow out of this forum.