My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mark,

Hoping you're doing well

If it's a copyright problem, someone/company has to complain to Facebook and in this case it can only be Zidoo... at the same time I think they have more important things to do than that and they have always been correct with me.

It doesn't matter I created a new group

See you soon

2. OlivierQC

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Which brand media player to select?
    Dune is an above average stable and universal media player doing everything pretty well. The best all-around media player I found thus far and I have seen plenty of them but:

If you want perfect BD Menu playback/processing from ISO/Folder get yourself an OPPO. There are no current alternatives to that. A Dune is getting close functionally but not (always) very smooth.

If you want perfect MCH Music playback including DTS-CD, SACD, BD Pure Audio and DVD-Audio get yourself an OPPO. No full alternatives here but Dune gets the closest missing native DSD for SACD and DVD-Audio MLP support.

If you want many advanced player features in general and specifically for Music Library & Movie Wall then get yourself a Zidoo.

If you want perfect streaming services get a Powered by Android TV, NVIDIA Shield TV or a Fire TV stick. This restriction is not a media player shortcoming but enforced by the respective video streaming providers stripping high end features as they like per brand/platform. The Android APP compatibility in itself is excellent with both Dune (Android TV) and Zidoo (Android Leanback).

You might end up with more than one choice finally as I did myself!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    rozel likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. OlivierQC

Yes it's perfect Nice Monkey, and it confirms what we can see on other forums about the quality of the BDmenu support.

Chinoppo (being a clone of OPPO players it's normal), then the Dune HD devices (and the new Zappiti certainly) and finally the Zidoo despite what they may indicate on their website.

6. OlivierQC

Good afternoon,

Zidoo has released the HD version of the Zidoo Controler for ipad...finally

An adjustment for the ipad screen, some corrections but unfortunately still no Play/Pause and stop buttons and I don't see the 4 colored buttons... in the ''Remote'' section either

Zidoo could have taken advantage of the redesign of this application to offer the functions available with the remote control V8.... and have with our ipad all a panoply of functions instead of an empty interface that shows that they were content to copy and paste the non-HD version.

Maybe for the next version in 1 or 2 years.

------------------

There is enough space to add them when you see the emptiness of the remote's interface.

[​IMG]

They didn't even bother to put the numeric keyboard on the same screen, you have to use a shortcut top right.

For me they have done the bare minimum without taking advantage of the screen size of the ipad

See you soon

7. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

To be confirmed....

I'll do some tests myself tomorrow on my old 3D compatible TV

It seems that the 3D movie playback is not working according to a user... he also said that these same video files work on his old zidoo X8...

I'll give you an update tomorrow.

See you soon

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  8. OlivierQC

ISO 3D Full HD (1080P)

Firmware 6.3.60

[​IMG]

I don't have BDMVs but ISOs and I don't know if this can affect the proper functioning of 3D movies with Zidoo devices

-----------

I checked with...

My 3D ISOs and in direct playback I have no problems at all, everything works as it should.

My 4 BDMVs work as they should with my Z9X FW 6.3.60 too

-----------

For the Bdmenu I will not come back to it, some work and others not...

-----------

I don't know what can happen with the person who has a problem with his BDMV while these same 3D video files work on his old zidoo X8...

See you soon

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  9. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I am surprised that anyone is still watching 3D movies, really :D

10. OlivierQC

A general message

If some people feel targeted, there is certainly a reason

I am tired of people who have preconceived ideas and think that everyone has the same habits as them.

You are aware that everyone has different tastes and needs...right?

Unless I'm mistaken zidoo are MULTImedia boxes...I repeat they are MULTImedia boxes....

See you soon

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  11. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sometimes I also turn on some SD quality content, there are many valuable old DVD movies (witthout all this DV, Atmos madness ;) . But 3D, come on;)

12. OlivierQC

I updated my message about playing 3D movies

13. Nice Monkey

I do like 3D on TV's and projectors (Active or Passive). Still works great if you own one supporting it:

Yes those colored keys should be added.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Such remarks are REALLY meant to offend, let everybody watch what they want to.
    I still watch 3D. and i like it,
    Clearly you don't, and if so let us be and don't mock it, just DON'T react.

15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

im not offended at all .

16. OlivierQC

17. Nice Monkey

For BD Menu Dune is very close to running them all. So it can be done on the RTD1691DR SOC. I don't say that it is simple as it may very well conflict with integrated video playback features not existing with regular disc players.

BD Menu is also not as smooth as it should be which seems to be a seamless branching problem to me. Dune and Zidoo share currently that limitation in exactly the same way. Provided both companies with a perfect example (in fact barely watchable) with a very simple BD Menu by itself.

18. OlivierQC

Hello Nice monkey,

I learned a while ago that Zidoo doesn't want to go the same way as Dune HD for BDmenu support and I agree with them and it doesn't bother me that Zidoo is not able to support all BDmenu otherwise as Mirror says you buy a bluray player...

What bothers me...is the way the BDmenu support is presented on their website and that can mislead people.

19. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Opportunstic Locking

Following a message I saw on the Zappiti thread on HCFR.fr I tried what a person recommends with Synology NAS and the option ''Opportunstic Locking''.

----------------

This is just a guess and this message is to give a possible lead to those who are experiencing audio and video jerks with UHD files and have a Synology NAS

----------------

He recommends to deactivate the option ''Opportunstic Locking'' which, according to him, improves the starting of movies that are now immediate...

[​IMG]

I did the test and indeed we see the difference not only at the launch of a movie which is faster in my case but also when I scroll quickly my video library in the section ''ALL'', there are no more posters that appear 1 or 2 seconds late...

BUT...

On the other hand, after some tests, I have a majority of UHD files (ISO or MKV) which have many jerks or sound cuts which makes the movies unwatchable.

With FULL HD movies I didn't have these problems that seem to affect only UHD files.

----------------

By default, the option is enabled, but I think that for those who have jerks and audio problems with their UHD files and who have a Synology NAS to check this option in the settings of your NAS... Who knows ?

Thanks you

20. OlivierQC

About the FW .65 in beta on the Z9X and that will be available for the Z1000PRO at some point in 065 or other ...

Optimize is a very used word that allows to say that there are improvements while being vague.

Having a changelog with a lot of optimized words is always more attractive, isn't it?

I checked some BDmenu and it's a disaster as far as I'm concerned, the menus that work are slow and ruin the viewing experience, and the ones that were not supported before are still not supported of course.

See you soon​

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021