All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

Z10Pro has nicer front display (same as on Hi-End models - bigger and a bit more informative) if that is important to you. Ability to remove wifi antennae is another plus.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    AngryVirginian likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Model Z9X:
    - The color changed but the same non-removable antennas remained (matching color)
    - One SATA connector was deleted and replaced by air holes for cooling
    - The PSU was reduced regarding size to 12V 2A (was 3A) which will now just do with one SATA HDD connected. There is no spare power specifically if USB ports are loaded too.

Model Z10 Pro

- The color changed, the striping was deleted and the Zidoo logo on the front Raised / 3D look.
    - The PSU was reduced regarding size to 12V 2A (was 3A) which will now just do with one SATA HDD connected.
    - The Flash was increased to 32 GByte
    There is no spare power left specifically if USB ports are fully loaded too or a second SATA HDD is connected (don't try a hot HDD swap under those conditions). I highly recommend to replace the PSU with a 12V 4A (earthed) unit when using this model with 2x SATA HDD"s.
    Other specifications remained identical: HDD Slot, big Front Display and a Fan.

Model Z1000 Pro
    - The model was upgraded to be a High End (like X20 before) including the fancy Black GUI/Launcher home page.
    - The standard V7 IR Remote was replaced by the V8 BT Remote coming with High End models
    - The Flash was increased to 32 GByte
    Other specifications remained the same: Excellent internal earthed 12V 5A PSU, internal antennas and the fancy sturdy chassis in black. This PSU will remain within the safety region under all foreseeable conditions. Audio and Video quality will (potentially) benefit from it too.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

If you are thinking of buying a NAS in the near future, choose a Z9X and invest in a NAS, you won't regret it.

And check out the prices at Zidoo, they have Black Friday discounts too.

[​IMG]

4. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Thanks Nice Monkey, if I buy the Z9X and upgrade the PSU to a 12v 5A would I be able to connect an external hdd to both usb ports without the external hdds psu plus use the sata as well?

Think I'm going to get the Z9X, connect an external hdd to each usb port, then when I'm ready for more HDD's once the first 2 are full I'll get a DAS, don't think I need a NAS, we'll see when the time comes.

Why would I get a NAS over a DAS? The both allow you to store a lot of content and play it through the Zidoo

5. OlivierQC

Yes

I had the same reasoning as you a few years ago.... and I wasted my time and money to finally buy a NAS.

I had an Orico 9538 with 5 HDDs in it that I used with my X9S and the running noise bothered me while watching a movie, but it seems to me that Nice Monkey uses an ICY BOX and unless I am mistaken seems satisfied.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  6. Nice Monkey

Yes I have an ICY Box 5-slot with individual power buttons per slot. Also my Neo X has a very silent internal slot which I use for Music.

My 10-slot ICY Box is stored for the moment. Too big for my rack as it must be standing up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  7. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Buy the Z9X and get a NAS when time comes. You'll have redundancy and extra capacity. And a great media player.

Why spend extra money on something with an internal drive (more money you'll have to spend to start going and is limited in terms of size and backup) when you already an external HD; put that money towards a NAS.

8. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

I finally bought the Z9X, so good when you finally make the decision on something you've been trying to decide on for weeks and buy it, now I can stop thinking and reading about it all.

Thanks Mojojojo, Nice Monkey and OlivierQC, for you most recent posts, it helped me with my decision, one which I know I won't regret, already feels like the right one, the one that makes the most sense.

9. OlivierQC

@Nice Monkey,

I see that your conclusion is from Aug 18, 2020.

Is your conclusion still valid or has there been some change with the latest FW about audio/video quality, streaming services, etc...

Thanks

10. Nice Monkey

Good question but being mostly about the HW changes I would say yes. Model specific evaluations are more including functions and features and need updates regularly.

Added this to the conclusion: Unfortunately Zidoo can't guarantee the level of features supported of streaming services and even working at all. That is not due to APP support/compatibility but about policies followed by the various providers. :eek:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  11. OlivierQC

Thanks for the informations :)

12. Saberus

Saberus New Member

I have a Z1000 pro coming next week to replace my x20, very excited to having DV option and just an all over faster working machine. I'll miss having the two HD ports, but it comes with cable to run my 2nd HD on the outside.
    Also I'll be able to run my TiviMate app from the zidoo instead of my firestick.
    I have LG E6, so I don't know what DV to use, but I would assume for the TV I have I should
    let the TV handle the DV.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  13. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

My PC see this in SAMBA (ZD_SAMBA) share :

upload_2021-12-8_12-23-58.png

I think this is a chaos! Would it be possible to see the names of the repositories? Or even rename HDDs / SSDs? I don't know which the Movies, the Music, the Torrnets, etc.

14. muha

muha Active Member

Can you share a photo of all those hdds attached? I would love to see that.

15. Nice Monkey

Mine display looks the same. Simply using a 5-slot docking station will result in that. Looks very neat. Have a 10-slot too (not used currently).

In the past I had to push Zidoo in various steps to display 32-pos Volume Labels as they used to show usba1 (Android Mounts) only on screen.
    It is technically possible to translate de HDD-ID used now to Volume labels too for SMB -Server I think.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  16. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Ok, but what is the solution? Or as long as I have Zidoo I will always see this? On my Dune 4K Pro i see that i renamed the HDDs, here not.

But just to You! :D

20211208_150430 [1024x768].jpg

Sorry for the dust. The dust is my enemy my all of my life!

Attached Files:

muha likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

The numbers shown are the HDD-ID's and will always be the same and unique. A simple list with HDD-ID => Volume Labels is a bypass.
    I put my Volume Labels as small papers on the fronts of all my HDD's . You can even do so on the handles.
    I hope Zidoo can do that automatically for us. They did so for the APP display with MC and HT4.

@mayhim
    What about getting a nice Docking Station? Truly hot swappable and power on/off per slot also with Zidoo.

Icy Box IB-3805-c31.jpg

Did the same as you before. Still occasionally use a SATA cable.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  18. muha

muha Active Member

Thanks, nice and raw, I would do the same - before I had kids. Good to see that you utilized that sata port.

19. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I have three children, but they are adults. When they were little there was no such technique: D

@ Nice Monkey : I Use Volume Labels for all HDD (Movie, Music, Torrent, Concert and Blue WD) but i just can see what in the picture.
    Here in my country the nice and good Docking Stations not too cheap. The dual Station what you see in my photo is : cost about $52 two years ago. Well then what are you showing? :)

Edit : Icy Box IB-3805-c31 - $390-$395 here :(

20. muha

muha Active Member

I was hopping to see tham hanging like grapes :D
    I used to hang them like that out of PC whan I was doing video editing.
    Now I keep front of TV cabinet clean and hide all the nightmare of cables, switch router behind it.