My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

What's New

Hello to those who read me and appreciate my opinions, it's been several weeks since I gave my feelings/opinions on the daily use of my Zidoo device and in the meantime there have been several FW, Zidoo seems to be unleashed at this time.

What follows is my feeling based on the way I use this device.

-----------------------------

Personally I have not seen anything significant...overall and with my way of using the Zidoo have been treading water.

[​IMG]

Zidoo adds little features here and there to make it look good, and it works when you read the posts of some people on this forum.

But if we look closer there was nothing major, and some old irritants are not solved, the stability whatever some say on this forum has not improved, I made again the bad experience this morning.

When I browse this forum and use their latest FW, I have the feeling that Zidoo has almost reached its limits for this generation of devices

So is it still a good choice to buy a Zidoo for those who want to use a Multimedia box with a local network ?

I would say... YES... with some compromises depending on your usage habits.

As already said several times these last years Zidoo is one of the brands which offers the best ratio ''Customer Satisfaction VS Price''.

Of course there are always unresolved problems/irritants as well as new problems with each new FW but which are finally not so redhibitory to use.

The world is not perfect and neither is Zidoo

I won't make the list of problems, you just have to read the messages on this forum to have an idea of the current problems and to make the decision to buy one or not.

But I can say with certainty that if you use mostly MKV video files in FullHD/UHD you will not be disappointed by the Zidoo boxes... in addition to offering one of the best if not the best ''movie poster management system'' called ''Posterwall'' on the market (this is only my opinion).

Note :

Zidoo says on their website that the NEO S supports ALL BDmenu, I'm waiting to see the first user feedback to see if they are telling the truth or if they are lying to the consumers who check out their website.

I'm getting feedback from people who bought Zidoo devices for BDmenu support and regret their purchase...but it's too late for them.

See you soon

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  2. voblin

voblin New Member

Good day!
    I have a Zidoo Z1000 pro + a samsung ue46f8500at TV + a Pioner SX2022 receiver. I am from friendly Russia.
    I really like it Zidoo Z1000 pro very much. But there is one problem - when installing these Russian applications: OKKO and KinoPoisk HD stop showing all online cinemas. After deleting them and restarting Zidoo, work is restored (but not always - I had to reset to factory settings).
    On another Android TV (Xiaomi Mi TV4a), everything works well.
    Please tell me how to solve the problem?

3. voblin

voblin New Member

disk.yandex.ru/d/nXbpnJBPtalFsA

4. voblin

voblin New Member

Kinopoisk+okko
    drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-xRFH33WpiFhgWJoZqFfVpeq6Zy_OanT?usp=sharing

5. OlivierQC

Hello voblin,

I'm sorry I don't use any application with the Zidoo and I can't help you with this, but maybe on this forum another person can help you.

Usually people use several boxes, the Zidoo for the local network movie playback and another box to use their favorite applications.

See you soon

6. OlivierQC

With Black Friday, you can take advantage of promotions to add storage capacity.

[​IMG]

For example, at Bestbuy Canada, there is a 14Tb Easystore WD sold for 270$ CAD and also an 18Tb USB 3.0 Easystore WD sold for 380$ CAD.

The chassis can be dismantled in 2 or 3 minutes, to do so I use a Screwdriver set, not expensive on amazon.

[​IMG]

For those who don't know, for a few years now I've been buying external HDD's, I dismantle the plastic chassis and use the HDD, it's cheaper than buying an internal model.

I have never had a problem and it allows me to save a lot of money.

This is my suggestion of the day.

see you soon

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  7. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Interesting, in my country the external HDD much but much more expensive than the internal HDD,

8. OlivierQC

This message is for new people who are interested in Zidoo multimedia devices and want to make the right choice.

(I had a private message this morning on this subject)

-----------------------

Firstly
    Zidoo offers a range of devices for all budgets.

Secondly
    Zidoo offers the same image quality regardless of the models.

Thirdly
    Zidoo currently offers one of the best ''movie poster management system'' to manage and display your video library.

-----------------------

It's almost Christmas and you are hesitating between 2 models that are in your budget...let's see....
    By any chance let's say the Z10PRO VS the Z1000PRO.

[​IMG]

-------------------------------

The short version is... there is no one better than the other.

-------------------------------

This reasoning is worth whatever it is worth.

Looking at the sales prices (futeko.com) of the 2 models, we see that difference of $100 USD with the Z1000PRO seems to correspond to :
    A good quality power supply, IR/BT remote control, integrated Wifi antennas, and a chassis with an almost "Hi-Fi" size.

If space in your audio/video cabinet is not an issue for any model and not to mention the appearance of the 2 devices,
    if you choose a Z10PRO and you think you'll spend money on a better external power supply and/or a BT remote of equivalent quality to the Zidoo V8 later...
    Ask yourself if it would be better to buy a Z1000PRO.

Hoping that my message can help you a little

OlivierQC

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    videonut99 likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Good morning,

Zidoo offers on this Thursday a very optimized FW (I counted 22 optimizations but I may have forgotten some)... with this new FW, they have reorganized/rewritten some features to improve their efficiency which should logically benefit the users by improving the user experience.

[​IMG]

We'll see in the next few days if it's the case or not... fingers crossed.

Optimized... it's a term that makes us want to believe that we will see an improvement in our daily use

And let's hope that this new FW won't cause new problems or reappear old ones that have been solved in the past

As usual, if you are satisfied with the current FW installed on your box, wait a bit before switching to the new one and don't forget to watch the forums to get the feedback of the users of this new FW

See you soon

10. OlivierQC

Hello everyone,

An unfortunate experience with my Z1000PRO....

My oldest son is sick and at home, we are currently watching a movie (I have the ISO FullHD and ISO UHD version) in which there are dialogues in Chinese at times, I activated the forced subtitles (PGS) to understand what they say but unfortunately it doesn't work, we are forced to use the ''normal'' subtitles (PGS) .... and I tried the 2 ISO (UHD and FullHD)...

It's really annoying not to be able to just press the play button and enjoy the show without having an irritant.

As an average user who has no knowledge in this field and the weather is not nice here.... I will be able to spend a lot of time with my Zidoo to check the progress of Zidoo and give my impressions to those who have not yet decided what brand of multimedia boxes to choose.

I will continue to give you feedback on the fly as I use it

See you soon

11. משה לביא

משה לביא New Member

there is no update in my zidoo z1000 pro.
    it sill on 6.30.40 ver.
    is it out for download?

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

13. משה לביא

משה לביא New Member

how to install the update?

14. Markswift2003

Download it (don't unzip it), copy it to a USB stick, put the USB stick into the Zidoo and go to About/Update and choose "USB Update".

Alternatively just copy to a network location and navigate from USB update to that location.

15. OlivierQC

Good morning,

Several messages from people (not necessarily on this forum) wondering how to update their zidoo box prompted me to make this video that gives you an overview of how to update manually

Many new Zidoo users don't know the procedure to manually update their device and I think it's necessary to know... why...

Because Zidoo offers most of the time BETA firmwares that have to be installed manually if you want to have the latest improvements and added features even if there is a risk of lack of stability due to the fact that they are BETA versions not free of problems.

The ''stable'' versions are not often updated.

Here is a video that gives you an overview of how to do

See you soon

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@OlivierQC - you are a complete star, the work you do is absolutely first class!

However this really helpful post will soon be lost amongst quite a lot of other non-relevant and masses of repetitive posts on issues generally. At the very least this whole thread should be "Stickied" or "Pinned". But I'll say again there should be separate sub-forums for each model - this will focus members' minds before posting. But there should be other forums too for say HT4, MP6, Subtitles, Trailers, Language translation stuff.

17. OlivierQC

You are welcome :)

it was sticky but I asked Zidoo to make it not sticky anymore

18. OlivierQC

For those who know my Facebook group that I created at the end of July with almost 400 members in just over 3 months to talk about my Zidoo devices and other brands of devices as well, the Facebook company has restricted access
    and removed content such as my posts for my widgets, photos of my Zidoo devices, etc....

It seems that someone complained, that's my opinion anyway.

That's ok, I'll create a new group with a different approach, I'll give you a link when it's available ;)

Maybe it also shows that I am maybe too honest when I want to inform potential buyers and that my contents are deleted even if it can harm future users or buyers.

See you soon

EDIT
    And thank you for your comments on Facebook

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  19. Markswift2003

It's probably a bot that detected copyrighted material - I honestly can't see anybody complaining about you Olivier!

20. OlivierQC

Here is the link of my new Facebook group, I took the opportunity to give it a little more color.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/954731185471261

[​IMG]

Welcome to this group dedicated to the multimedia boxes and in which you can exchange opinions, ideas and give advice if needed

If you want you can become a member, I will put in the next few days some content already seen on my old Facebook group and some new ones obviously and finalize the creation of this group.

And no question of letting you down, I will continue to give you my opinion whether you like it or not and to continue to provide help and advice within the limits of my knowledge obviously

--------------------

The official language of this group is English, but any person no matter what language he uses is welcome, nowadays language translators allow us to communicate all together in good conditions.

---------------------

I use a Zidoo multimedia box, so my messages will be focused on this brand of device but I have nothing against if people with Dune HD or Zappiti want to come and exchange their impressions.

this is an information sharing group and everyone is welcome.

See you soon

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021