Poster wall slow loading ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by Johnwoto, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Much better :)

2. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

It’s been a couple of weeks now since I re scanned everything - the wall is loading great now but what I am experiencing is poster wall crashing quite often this only happens when changing posters or rematching - this has never happened before when it was set up the other way - wondering if it might be linked to the new firmware 2.3.80

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

@Markswift2003 Hey - do you get any crashes on your poster wall ? mine is constantly crashing this happens on all the players since I set it up like you have it - not sure if it could be the new firmware as I updated about the same time I re did the poster wall

4. Markswift2003

No not at all...

When you say crash - what does it do?

5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks for getting back to me - What is happening when scrolling through the wall or changing a poster image all off a sudden it freezes where you are for about 10 seconds - then the poster wall goes back to the main screen where the widgets are - then the posters load back in and widgets - When that happens then go back into the poster wall all the posters need to load back into the cache again

6. Markswift2003

And is this using local images?

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I think its turned off - would have to check

8. Markswift2003

I just wondered if it was accessing a corrupt file - I've not seen HT crash like you describe at all and I've added libraries with 1000's of movies to test quite recently.

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Wonder if I should set it up again as its very frustrating - It crashes every time I use it - I could shoot a vid to show you later when I get home from work

10. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Recorded the crashing - even when the poster wall has loaded in and scolling it crashes - its quite random when it happens I have tried to narrow it down to get to the bottom of it

https://streamable.com/q3rncs

11. Markswift2003

The missing covers on some of the poster pages seem odd - there's some corruption going on there somewhere and my suspicion would be the database.

12. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Going to do a fresh setup - delete everything and rescan

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Over the weekend I did a fresh setup on all 4 of my players - removed all the sources deleted the folder where all the poster wall are stored rebooted then added the sources back – I did this to all 4 players – I didn’t use a backup to restore any of them in case the backup was corrupt so all 4 players were scanned – Unfortunately they still crashed on all the players – it seems to crash when scrolling through the poster wall trying to load the posters in – Going to rescan again with Priority to device first see how that performs

14. Markswift2003

Something must be corrupt somewhere, especially since it happens on 4 players.

If it was an issue with HT I'm sure we'd have people jumping into this thread all over the place.

Stick to one player, reset HT4 in Library/Clear Data set Poster Folder to "Custom Folder" but delete the hidden .hometheatre folder on the box in //Storage first:

upload_2021-11-8_10-7-25.png

Also delete any 'hometheatre folders on your storage devices - these will be there if you've used "Disable Custom Folder" or "Priority Save to Device" (device means your movie source not the box):

upload_2021-11-8_10-12-47.png

Then rescan.

The .hometheatre folder is where the posters are cached once they are accessed in the poster wall but only for online posters. Local art is not cached like that - they use the actual posters in the movie folders.

When you reset HT4 .hometheatre does not get deleted so you have to do it manually.

Hopefully now you have a fully cleaned database....

15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks - The only step I didn't do - reset HT4 in Library/Clear Data - when removing the source thought it cleared the data - I did delete the .HomeTheater folders on the Zidoo and the NAS before I scanned - I can try it again but this time will reset HT4 in Library/Clear Data - will give it another go later today

16. Markswift2003

Yes, I always use clear data so the database is wiped.

17. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

ok thanks - will let you know how I get on

18. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey – removed all sources deleted the .HomeTheatre folder double checked that everything was deleted from everywhere then reset the poster wall

Screenshot_20211108-185903.jpg Screenshot_20211108-185931.jpg Screenshot_20211108-185651.jpg

Added sources and scanned all files – when all that was done opened the poster wall and scrolled down slowly to populate the wall – I had a 3 crashes managed to video one of them

https://streamable.com/nymhxv

Also when scrolling down the poster wall slowly when I came to the end then press return - then it goes back to the top of the poster wall all the posters are now missing for some reason

https://streamable.com/rtkn5r

19. Markswift2003

It's got to be a corrupt file in your sources somewhere - I can't think of any other reason for this now..

20. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

It’s strange as it never crashed before until I started to rescan the sources again - I have 6 sources might try and scan one in then test that for the posters see if that crashes

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021