KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

RELEASE ZDMC 19.2 !!:)

no, of course I can wait, but it would be nice to know that zdmc continues to receive updates as before

2. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

The one feature that’s missing from ZDMC is the ability to play streaming video through Zidoo’s native player.

3. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

say, does zdmc use different scraping than kodi ??
    i have a title that was found easily with kodi and kodi 19.2, but zdmc does not find it.

would also be nice if there was a way to use the zidoo player for add-ons
    I have a kodi 19.2 install for addons, then zdmc for most of my 1080 stuff, then use ht for the 4k stuff. sort of a pain. but keeps my 500+ titles separate.

4. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @HDGuy
    If you will add something like this: ANT-MAN (2015) 4K HDR ATMOS.mkv to the filename, it will show:
    4K ULTRA-HD flag
    HDR flag
    ATMOS 7.1 flag

I cannot figure it out, how to add Dolby Vision or HDR10+ flags, but when you will go to the latest version of Aeon Nox SiLVO:

https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox-SiLVO/tree/master/media/flags/default

You will notice, there is only one hdr.png image, so I think it will always show HDR for HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. I don't think, if you will upload other .png files without changing the code, it will work.

Any ideas?

EDIT

I think I have found a solution, we need to modify: https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox-SiLVO/blob/master/16x9/MyVideoNav.xml
    and:
    ...and of course create two new .png files hdr10+.png and dv.png. Also add to our movie filenames HDR10+ or DV or HDR.

I have checked and it's working without any problems! Yupi! :p

Sincerely

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

KODI 19.3

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/kodi-19.3-Matrix-arm64-v8a.apk

KODI 19.3 MATRIX AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL

upload_2021-10-24_18-15-40.png
    AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW VERSION KODI 19.3 “MATRIX“, THE THIRD UPDATE OF THIS CONTROVERSIAL VERSION THAT INCORPORATES IMPROVEMENTS AND CORRECTIONS, UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST POPULAR CONTENT MANAGER TODAY.

AS WE KNOW THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE IN THIS VERSION IS ON THE ADD-ONS ASPECT, NOW ARE BASED IN PHYTON 3 AND THIS WILL BLOCK ALL ADD-ONS THAT ARE NOT UPDATED, SOMETHING THAT WILL CERTAINLY GENERATE MANY PROBLEMS. ON THE OTHER HAND THERE IS MORE CONTROL OVER ADD-ONS THAT WILL BLOCK THE ABILITY TO OVERWRITE OFFICIAL REPOSITORIES. WE WILL ALSO HAVE IMPROVEMENTS TO PLAY CONTENTS BASED ON THE AV1 CODEC, NOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO DECODE THIS FORMAT BY SOFTWARE. YOU HAVE IN THIS SAME ARTICLE THE COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES OF THIS NEW VERSION THAT REPRESENTS THE FUTURE OF KODI FOR THE NEXT YEARS.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  6. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Do you know, which files .xml or other ones should be changed in Kodi 19.3, that way it will play .mkv via Zidoo Player not Kodi's?
    There is possibility to download 19.3 apk file and ZDMC 19.1 and compare the differences in folders/files and their conent, then add those changes to Kodi 19.3 files and then install such prepared .apk, of course it will be installed as Kodi 19.3, but with the possibility to play files by native player instead of Kodi 19.3

Any idea?

There are some files modified and new ones added like:

.\com\zidoo\share\aidl\IZidooShareService.aidl
    .\classes2.dex
    .\assets\system\playercorefactory.xml with:

<player name="ZidooPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    <filename>com.android.gallery3d</filename>
    <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>

<rules name="system rules">
    <!-- Zidoo native player rule-->
    <rule name="local" filetypes="mkv|m4v|mov|mpg|flv|pmp|vob|dat|asf|psr|3gp|mpeg|ram|m4p|m4b|mp4|f4v|3gpp|3g2|3gpp2|webm|ts|tp|m2ts|m2t|lge|3dv|3dm|iso|mpls|ssif|bdmv" player="ZidooPlayer" />

Sincerely

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  7. zappa

zappa New Member

Zidoo z9x does not have 19.3 matrix installed

8. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @zappa

I know that... I am talking about modifing latest Kodi 19.3 files to be ZDMC 19.3.

Sincerely

9. zappa

zappa New Member

I see. And I wanted to install on z9x. But it was not possible to establish.

10. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @zappa

Kodi 19.3? No problem at all. It's working without any problems. All I need is to add ZidooPlayer as an External Player to Kodi 19.3.

Sincerely

11. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Are people running 32 or 64 bit kodi on the z9x ???
    Been running 32 for about a year now.

12. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear Friends

Why ZDMC 19.1 work slower then 18.9? It's strange, I have also installed Kodi 19.3 and it works as fast as ZDMC 18.9.

ZDMC 19.1 is very slow. And why you change ZDMC logos and Splash Screen? I don't get it. It's ugly like hell. ZDMC 18.9 logos was much better. Something goes wrong with ZDMC 19.1. Kodi 19.1 installed on Z9X doesn't work as slow as ZDMC 19.1, why?

Sincerely

13. DennisTheMenace

Hi like I wrote in the firmware thread

You can use the App xbmcwrapper from the playstore.
    You can install the official kodi 19.3 version, and use the xbmcwrapper to use the zidoo player in kodi.

I read in a forum that it should only work with local files. I have no nas but only connected an 8 bay usb enclosure via usb. and all i can say is, it all works fine with the xbmc wrapper (purchased version). You can set in the wrapper which files want to play with which player, the Zidoo internal player is called Google Video Player. If you only saved your files locally, I recommend installing kodi 19.3. Then start once, close again and then open the Xbmcwrapper and make the settings. And yes you are right the official Kodi 19.3 version runs much better and faster than the zdmc 19.1 from zidoo.
    As I said without root on the z9x, it should only work with locally stored files (like usb or satta ..) I don't have a NAS and can't test it either
    Edit: here is a link to the xbmcwrapper wrapper App
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...5YQBegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw3kJE96XZn9vBdQCloiHSOt

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  14. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

I have Kodi 19.3 loaded on my Z1000 Pro and I can verify that it will work with network files (NAS) IF you launch the files via URL using an app that has that ability like 10Muse. I think tinyMediaManager could also launch them via their Kodi remote feature but I have yet to try it.

I could not get 19.3 to manually connect to any SMB shares via the Files section no matter what the SMB settings were. I tried SMB v1, v2, and v3 in every single combination and none of them worked. If anyone has any hints on how to make SMB shares show up on 19.3 I would love to know.

15. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @DennisTheMenace

Hmm, I didn't know about this application called XBMC/Kodi Wrapper. I have connected all my HDD to USB 3.0 Hub and then to my Z9X, so all files are stored locally. I have only .mkv files backups of my entire physical UHD Blu-ray collection. As far as I understand:
    1. Install Kodi 19.3 from Google Play.
    2. Install XBMC/Kodi Wrapper (payed version).
    3. Launch Kodi 19.3 then close it.
    4. Launch XBMC/Kodi Wrapper and configure it for .mkv files locally.
    5. Launch Kodi 19.3 to play my collection.

Do I need to launch XBMC/Kodi Wrapper everytime, when I start my Z9X from power or only once and it works in background?

Thank you once more for your help.

Sincerely

16. DennisTheMenace

No you only have to start it once (and maybe after every update of Kodi) I think it creates automatically a playercorefactory.xml but I'm not sure what it does.
    If you're playing all your files from usb you're fine. You can use xbmcwrapper. If anything doesn't work, feel free to ask.

I'm German so xbmcwrapper is in German for me

Install Kodi 19.3 from Google Play. Or the 19.3 from the website of kodi
    2. Install XBMC/Kodi Wrapper (payed version).
    3. Launch Kodi 19.3 then close it.
    4. Launch XBMC/Kodi Wrapper and configure it for .mkv files locally. (Basic settings, File-Player choose the "Google Video Player" this is the zidoo internal Player
    5. Click on that red "(!) to activate the wrapper
    6. Launch Kodi 19.3 to play my collection
    Done use official kodi 19.3 with the zidoo internal player

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    UTAVATU likes this.
  17. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @DennisTheMenace

You're my hero, thank you once more. I have already successfuly played my collection with Kodi 19.2 (there is no 19.3 on Google Play at the moment - I need to dowload manualy .apk).

Thank you! Best regards from Poland.

Sincerely

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  18. DennisTheMenace

No problem, I like to help if I can, that's what a forum is for

19. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Did you try going into Kodi settings (services) and changing the SMB levels from the default 0 and making it 1-3. Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3 sorry if that is what you were referring to
    (just did 6 of my installs to this just this morning)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  20. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

does the kodi wrapper work with addons to use the zidoo player ?? or is it just regular mkv ??