Poster wall slow loading ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by Johnwoto, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey guys

Having this problem for a while now where the poster wall takes time to load in as you are scrolling down the list - All media is stored on the NAS and prority is save to device - I have updated to the latest firmware v2.3.80 which said they had optimized poster wall loading in the changlog

Does any one else have poster wall loading slowly ?

Would it be better to change the poster image folder ?

IMG_0887.PNG IMG_0888.PNG

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Firstly I'd always recommend setting to "Custom Folder" and leave it in the default Storage folder.

Also, do you use local artwork - ie have you got "Use Local Images First" ticked in preferences?

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks will give that a go - is the default storage folder the one I have selected ? - will all the posters move to the new location once selected ?

4. Markswift2003

I just do this:

Screenshot_20211019-144511.png

The posters populate as they are needed.

That's why I asked if you use local artwork since that mechanism is slightly different.

5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks - not sure if local is on of off - will check when I get home - should it be off ?

6. Markswift2003

Depends if you want to use local art or not!

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hi - I had local images turned on - turned it off and they load faster - is there a way that the images can be there all the time not having to load in every time you go to the film or TV folder

8. Markswift2003

Not sure what you mean - mine are there all the time...

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

When scrolling down the poster wall the images have to load in every you do that - thought they might be a way for the images to be there without having to load in - shot a short video showing how my posters load in to the poster wall
    https://streamable.com/5lp2ok

10. Markswift2003

Wow - ok - mine definitely don't do that..

11. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Since I turned off the local images it has got a bit quicker - it was a lot slower when it was turned on - the video is with local images turned off - I wonder if it could be the amount of files I have TV and Films

12. Markswift2003

Here's one of my test Z9Xs with a library of about 1500 movies, some in collections so just over 1000 posters on the main page:

https://streamable.com/xsnsdb

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That’s really interesting – as I originally had the poster wall to save to the device in preferences and now I have it save to custom folder do I need to delete the old files then re add source and rescan all the files – the poster wall on mine has to pull from the server when the server is off no posters will be present on the Zidoo

14. Markswift2003

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you change the custom folder on a current library.

Personally I'd start from scratch again.

15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That's what I was thinking unfortunately

Does your poster wall show if your server isn’t on ?

16. Markswift2003

Bearing in mind I use local art for all my movies, the poster wall is fine regardless but the images on the home page (genres, watching etc need the NAS drives where the artwork resides to be awake.

The posterwall caches somewhere (it's not the poster folder) but the other images don't so either need to be dragged from local resources or online depending where the art comes from.

If you use local art, navigating to "Preferences" kills the posterwall cache but if you use online art that doesn't seem to be the case.

Either way, ALWAYS use the custom folder. I'm not sure why it defaults to the movie source.

17. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks - will give one of my players a go see what happens - I supose if that works ok I can always do a backup then restore it to the other players

18. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Did what you suggested – First I removed all the sources which cleared the data as well then checked I had the preferences set to what you have said – I added a source which scanned nearly all of the films but unfortunately it doesn’t seem any different – I shot a video of the poster wall - Don’t understand why it doesn’t load like yours

https://streamable.com/qfdmkb

19. Markswift2003

The first time you open the video wall you need to scroll to the bottom page by page so all the posters slowly populate from the source (either local or online) but you should only have to do that once.

You don't catch all the posters in collections like that, but the first time you open a collection, the posters populate and cache too.

After you've done that once, the posterwall should behave like mine.

20. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Ok thanks for that – I was too impatient lol – seems to be working now – I added one source to tested first – now will add the rest – I can back this one up then restore to all my other players saves me doing this 4 times -

Thanks for all your help

https://streamable.com/fwv4uk